1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #85

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm not sure if I want to smoke cigarettes anymore. There are good points, and there are bad points to smoking. The good points: me and my friends get together like ten times a day to smoke (we all live in the same university off-campus building), it is a nice way to break up studying or whatever, and sometimes it just plain feels good. The bad points: you all know these.

I have a couple things on my side: I smoke ultra-lights, so at least the withdrawal won't be brutal (I hope); I have quit prior (for like 8 months), so I kind of know what I am getting into, and I know that cold-turkey does not work. I would cut back and ween myself off, rather than just go all stiff-jawed (I can be incredibly mean to people when going through withdrawal...I don't want to put myself or anyone else through that).

So, I think I am going to start the process tomorrow.

My plan: If I feel comfortable and fully nicced, then I am losing; if I feel uncomfortable and slightly withdrawaled, then I am winning. Sounds like a good gameplan.

2. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Ok.... This is getting slightly weird now. 2 people who would eat me. :aaa:

Is the board being taken over by cannibals now?

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Have you ever considered that they might be complementing you TBA? Although they might be serious if they start sending you recipies... oh wait, never mind.

4. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well I got all the ceiling tiles cut and put up in the new living room, now I just have to paint the trim. Not tonight though, I am tired. It is either Tiger Woods 06, or go watch a movie for me.

Oh and I like a little barley in my Aussie stew!

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hmm... if I remember correctly, in a previous life you were a demonic chicken, correct? That explains much, dude.

And LNT, best of luck on your quitting. I succesfully broke a seven-year habit cold turkey nearly a year ago. Man, do I remember that era... edgy as hell, completly freaking out at just about everyone... if you look at it, it wasn't THAT bad - I was plainly and simply a rude and crude ass to everyone and even better, I had a *excuse* to lash out.

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

That is true. Perhaps I do taste like chicken then. Evil chicken at that

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Mmmm...went out and bought nice big bottles of vodka, citrus vodka, tripple-sec, gin, peach schnapps, light rum, tequila, jägermeister, and a bottle of aftershock. :bigeyes:

Booze-wise, I'm ready for the party! :banana: :rolling:

8. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I've been downloading World of Warcraft updates for two hours solid. Why does it need so much updating ? :eek:

Square-eyed Shell

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Because it's sh**y old WoW...that's why! Does the name Blizzard mean anything to you? :p :shake:

Hmmm...I think I'll treat my success of yet another guide with some IWD2. :D :rolling:

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well I just whooped up on Tiger and his cronies, and now for a little TV before I go to bed.

Hey Kit, can I have a drink, or maybe two?

11. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Can't wait to watch Hana Kimi~! Jiro is cute~! *^_^*

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, in my own defense, you did say it was warm there and you were going for a swim and the logs were already piled around the pool *anyway*. :shame:

And cannibal got me thinking to this gem:

If vegetarians eat vegetables, do humanitarians eat humans? :hmm:

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Ah it is nice to be home again - not that I didn't have a good time on my trip. Working over in London is fun - there is so much to see and do over there, and I had a great time in Vienna over the week-end.

I must say that the Vienna State Opera is a bit overrated. They were o.k. but I was expecting a bit more considering they are supposed to be one of the best opera companies.

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I hate ingrown hairs... :mad:

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wouldn't say "taken over" .... two or three people is hardly "taking over". :p

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Who's baking cinnamin rolls?

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    not I, I prefer cinnamon rolls...

18. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

:lol:
    Thats a good one, might add it to that list of philosophies in Jokey Posties that I added a few days back.

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    This is a general hello. Well then... carry on.

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually I baked a lime/orange zest cake with whipped creamcheese icing today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.