1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #85

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Nakia: Are you sure it isn't 'Spilled', I'm pretty sure 'spilt' isn't a word. It's the same thing with 'spelled' and 'spelt'.

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Going back to school in two days :sosad: .
    I'm going to spa.. post, I'm going to post as much as possable.

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I thought it was spilled as well but I've made the occasional spelling mistake myself.

4. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have a cold and my nose is all runny, red and achy. Woe is me...

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Try typing that five times fast...

6. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

Spilt is spelt correctrly
    Spilt is spelt correctly
    Spilt is spelt correctrly
    Spilt is spelt correctly
    Spilt is spelt correctly

Three out of five ain't bad. My touch-typing doesn't need a lot of work. So I'm happy.

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I thought I posted that both spelt, spilt, spelled, and spilled were correct.

Spilt is spelt correctly
    Spilt is spelt correctly
    Spilt is spelt correctly
    Sopilt is spelc correctly
    spilt is spelt crrectly.

I cheated, I can't type fast.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Spilt is a variant of spilled. Spelt is a variant of spelled. Now perhaps spilled and spelled are the form your English teacher prefers but my theory in life is if you are going to pronounce the blasted word spilt or spelt spell it that way.

The rest of you may have kneeled in church but I always knelt.

Spell Check assures me that there are no spelling errors in the above. English is a perverse language and how anyone is able to learn it baffles me because my on-line spell check says kneeled is wrong. ??? Someone please check the British dictionary.

9. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

No, I believe 'knelt' is correct. But it's definately 'spelled' and 'spilled'. My parents used to get extremely angry when I said "It's spelt..." And they'd regularly tell me that 'spelt' isn't a word.

Anyway, like Nakia said; If you're going to pronounce something one way, then spell it that way.

Well, if you like, I guess. But, even then, 'spelt' isn't how it should be pronounced.

...Please don't hurt me.

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    enough !!!
    Can't you all just aggree to dissagree on this?

I started playing Morrowind again.

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    /Nakia beats Cheesegear with a large trout.

Spelt and spilt are variants. Do not traumitize your children, current or future, by forcing them to pronounce the words one way and spell them a different way. :cry:

Now someone will tell me that 'you all' isn't pronounced 'yaall'. It is one word and always plural even when addressed to one person.

:hippy:

edit: and it is rogue not rouge!

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Dman hang-overs and 10am lectures. Someone might think I'd come here to work, for some obscene reason.

13. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Must be all those late nights.

My dog is convinced the cat is in love with him and would like to breed. You can imagine the resulting events without me going into detail.

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The Oxford Concise Dictionary of the English Language agrees with you. :)

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Who the f*** invented 8AM classes? « History of Art » do I look like I want to sit down for three hour listening to someone blattering about ancient greek architecture ?

16. Nakia

Media:
    @Montresor, Thank you Montresor. What does the Oxford Concise Dictionary have to say about knelt/kneeled and spelt/spelled? :confused:

Good morning SPers. 27F here in the Garden State. I believe that is roughly 0C to the rest of the world.

17. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I geuss I started quite a banter with my typo, hope yaall enjoyed it! I am off to bed!

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Nakia: One moment, please...

/me looks up "kneel" and "spell".

Spell: ... past and past part. spelt or spelled

Kneel: ... past and past part. knelt /nelt/ or esp. US kneeled

19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, it is now 9F in good old East Tennessee, where we say, "you-uns" not "ya'all", anyway.

And Nakia I haven't knelt in church for a long time because my knees are bad.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Burnt and burned.

English cooking is making me gag. :sick: Do they really either burn it or leave it raw Across The Pond, or is it just the one I live with?

There was a little of dust kittens living in the bathroom. I sent them to live with the carpet bug I sucked up with the vacuum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.