1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #84

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The bankrupcy is paid off, and I have an appointment with someone from the provincial Disability suport program on Monday. Things might not be that bad after all...

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, here it's strangely warm and snowless enough for soccer matches outside...at night...in January. :bad:

I've gotten back into online MP first-person-shooters; they're not flight-sims :tie: but they'll do...

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    When I start thinking about how bad things look sometimes, I just tell myself that at least I have internet - things could always be worse.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ack, Emperor Scorpions! What a pet that is. Are they dangerous? Do you have to teach them not to sting you? I prefer something I can curl up on the seteƩ with and chill out.

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Computers are horrible things.

The last few days before I have to finish a big project I'm working on, everything manages to go wrong! First, the program won't update. Then when I finally work out what's wrong there, the stupid computer decides that the harddrive isn't really there at all. So after a lot of yelling at it, it decides that oh yes, there it is and starts working! So I get to work again, but after a few more hours the bloody thing crashes again - harddrive yet again. So I finally worked out what's wrong and managed to fix it so hopefully it won't happen again. But once I get it working, the thing decides suddenly that it doesn't like the plugins so won't accept them any more.

Got to the stage where I was very tempted to see if the computer would fly if it was dropped out the window.

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I reckon a lot of people get that temptation very often, me included

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm playing Oblivion. :)

8. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    We bought our two goldfish from a pet shop who told us that a tank measuring 15cm by 15cm was big enough :eek: Unsurprisingly, we got a new tank

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I was just looking at the number of posts that some people have submited, and I saw that I have posted more in the 4 months I'v been here then some people have in 6 years. Does this say something about me?

10. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Its days like today I wish the UK would migrate to warmer climates every winter...I don't want to have to walk to college in strong winds and rain :( Plus its a Thursday and I have a dislike of Thursdays...

As to pets, we've only ever had fish, and they've always been in a pond...they are content :D

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There's that snow. *points out window*

I had a nightmare about my sister.

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    mumble mumble mumble mornin' why did I woke up wayyy to freakin' early grumble grumble grumble need coffee.

13. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Dave? On the plus side, you don't have to SHOVEL rain (gotta go help the landlord with the snow in the driveway - he'll probably offer me a lift to work in exchange, tho)...

...on the other hand, in a worst-case scenario, you can't shovel rain. :bad:

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    /me slaps the weather.
    Bad weather!

I'm so wet, cows could drown in my footsteps.
    Still, it's better than snow.

15. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Just realy cold here!

I stopped by a local PC shop on the way home today and they look to have pretty good prices, they told me to write up what I want and they will give me a quote. I will do it, if nothing else it may support local economy and will save shipping cost if their price is good enough.

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'd much rather have snow thant that thank you.

17. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Rain is scary. It reminds me of global warming and stuff.

Our cat Fred is in Every-time-you-try-to-type-I-will-demand-cuddles mode

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Waaaaaaaagh!

/end Orc mode

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    rrRRRRrrrr RRRrrrrrrr RRrrrrrRRRRR WRROOOO VRRROoo VRRRRrrr rrrrRRR

/start car mode

20. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Got my first A level exam of the year tommorow :eek: , if anyone here produces or marks Edexcel History papers now would be a good time to tip me off at what the questions are. ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.