1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #84

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

[​IMG] Bum dee dum dee diddly dum, bum dee dum dee bow. It's been a while since I was in here. Wait, now it hasn't. Odd how that can change so quickly... *wanders off*

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Including Tal and Chev 15 people now have Rogue Stones. To the best of my knowledge no one has a rouge stone. :outta:

3. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Why do call centres hire people with accents you can't understand!? :mad:

4. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Work is the curse of the lazy man. Only 7 hours to go.

5. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Shell, so glad you found Donny - losing pet and not knowing what happened is terrible.

Ok, newbie question: what does RBP stand for, as in Saber's note?

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

RBP = Random Babbling Post = this thread! :doh: :shake:

7. revmaf

Oh, duh.

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Very snowy here.

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I wish we had some snow... so far we've had two flurries that melt within a few hours of landing. *Shakes fist at Sky*

10. revmaf

Had a little snow yesterday - actually snowed quite a bit but melted almost as soon as it landed. Wish we had a bit more snow and the prospect of a long cold spell, to thin out the wooly adelgids - no kidding, that's what they're called, and they're killing off evergreens in the national parks nearby.

11. Dice

Media:
    We are having a blizzard here. Too much snow which makes it difficult for people to be mobile.

I've done a lot of house cleaning today so at least the house will be warm and inviting for those people who have to come in from the snow.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I wonder when we'll get snow. :hmm:

Ooo, the laundry's done. :outta:

13. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Work beckons, and I must answer is siren call, for only then can I find true rewards. I like paychecks, even if they are usually spent before I get them.

Cold here, but no snow where I am.

I had to clean the fish tank again last night and we even had to get a new filter. Apparently the clerk working the fish dept at Walmart doesn't know squat about fish, he told us to feed them 3 times a day, and we should have been only doing it once. Overfeeding can cause some nasty algae.

14. revmaf

Be careful, seriously, Brallrock, when you clean the tank. Had a friend who got a truly horrible, deep gash in her arm when the protective rim came off the upper edge of a fishtank she was cleaning - that glass is sharp. Cut nerves, tendons, the works. Permanent nerve damage and major scar.

And I wouldn't take a Walmart clerk's word for anything whatsoever.

15. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

WOOHOO

Got my first round of uni offers today and I scored my first preference!!! Corporate Systems Management, here I come!!!

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    It never snows here. In fact, its about 32 degrees. I hate summer.

17. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Honestly, most people that sell fish seems to know little about them. There are lots of good websites on fish care out there, though.

18. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I wouldn't trust anything from an employee of WalMart. :rolleyes:

19. Dice

Media:
    Actually that might apply to pet stores in general. There are always some employees that know what they are talking about and the 75% rest know nothing about their product but pretend to know very well.

This coming from the wisdom of buying a breeding pair of two female gerbils from a clerk who insisted that gerbel #2 was definately a male. Oh well, we've become attached to both girls and decided that it was for the best anyway.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Pet shop clerks are complete morons. One of then told me that the Emperor Scorpion lives in desertic environements, and that I need to keep moisture at the lowest level possible while it's actually the opposite - Emperors live in humid environements and require a good level of humidity.

No, they're perfectly competent. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.