1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #84

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Wait until you have a sick child and have to wait for 3 hours just to see a doctor while your child is screaming their head off in pain and everyone is frowning at you. You'll revise your opinion :lol: And the NHS is not bad as a whole, just the emergency care

Only 350 days til Christmas!

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I remember when I was in year nine I dislocated my elbow and the veins and nerves got trapped, went to A&E and I had to wait three hours with my arm turning various shades of 'eww' :roll:

I actually miss IRC! :o I've been away for what? A whole eight hours? :p

Had to go back on meds, damn you weather!

3. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The short wait was just that, she was only there for a total of about 20 minutes. It is a new place that started about a year ago, and they only take private insurance. It may help too that I used to work with Physicians Assistant that runs it back when we were both medics.

Work sucks, they are doing a crack down on internet usage again, and this time they are isuueing everybody a password so they can track who is doing what on the internet. They would take it away entirely, but we often need to use it for work related things.

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    NHS? You can always move to Denmark. Last year's scandal was that people had died while - believe it or not - waiting for treatment for cancer!! :flaming: :mad: So much for our glorious healthcare system! :skeptic:

Today's weather report: 5 centigrade and rain - and it's almost dark even at midday. I'd trade this any time for minus 20, snow - and some light!

Thanks Shell, you saved my day! :)

[ January 08, 2007, 15:48: Message edited by: Montresor ]

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm typing this post with a pen and a tube of Chapstick (for the Shift key only), just to see how much fun it is.

Try it! You might like it!

6. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i can't wait to get my computer bag, i really crave playing BG.... i have nothing to do, well i do have plenty of things that needs doing, but nothing i want to do

7. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Yuck, Monday, I'm supposed to be working but this is total drudge week, paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Like Christmas (sort of), like the holidays in general, hate the pileup of sudden tasks in the new year. Should have done some of this last week but just plain didn't.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ooo Moon Day! Cool still two week of holliday 'till college starts :p What to do what to do.

edit; I have found pants! Huzzah!

[ January 08, 2007, 18:16: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've gotten introspective about a game.

Need cheese to stop the thinking...

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Due to a strong lack of money in our household we've decided that I should find a way to make some extra cash. Because daycare in out of the question I have to find something that I can do from home or do on the weekends. To make matters more limited my husband told me I had to find something that I will enjoy doing. Hehe. Ok that would be nice but feasable? Maybe. I have an idea but I'll just have to see if I can make it work.

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Get an eBay business going, you hardly have to leave home! ;) Or a club job Friday and Saturday nights.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

NOOOOOO, school tomorrow... I don't want to go back there... I don't have enough stock in my "first aid" kit to survive!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

The eBay buisness is a pretty good idea, actually.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sell Tupperware!

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Akkkkkkk Nooooooo... I have an intense fear of tupperware parties, along with candle parties, makeup parties and stamping parties. I'm also not much into groups of ladies talking about soaps and nails. I'm afraid it's just not my thing.

I could draw/paint portraits but it takes a lot of time and a good area to work in which I don't really have right now.

I was considering teaching private art lessons but I'd have to find a clientelle. I do have some connections in that area so that might be an option.

My real idea involves the computer and working with photos. I think there is a market there and it probably wouldn't be hard to find some customers. It's surprising how many people don't know how to work even a simple graphics program.

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Or who can't be bothered.

16. Barmy Army

Media:
    Hmm, yeah interesting idea. What, specifically, with computers and photo's? I assume you mean some kind of editting service or whatever, but I can't imagine what people would want doing with their photo's. Sadly, there's not really much you can do from home and earn money. If there was, I don't think many people would bother working! That's pretty much everyone's ideal situation, working from home :D .

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I hate math. I didn't understand a single word my instructor was talking about today. :bad:

Let's hope my programming class tonight goes well. :rolling:

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Like you, Harbs?

BLARGH! I have to restart the WHOLE paper!! F***, F***, F***!!!!!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

19. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

[​IMG]
    That's what any man would love, Barms. To work as close to the fridge (and the booze inside!) as you can.

Every now and again, a translator friend of mine sends me documents they can't take due to lack of time. I have to say, the much-needed extra dosh is more than welcome. If I keep them happy, I may end up as a freelance and live the dream. :cool:

That said, I'm starting to remember why I dropped translation originally. The amount of half-digested goat sh*te some so-called "native speakers" write... :rolleyes:

20. Barmy Army

Media:
    Too much caffeine again, DoTW? :D Honestly, I don't know how you manage with so much of that Rockstar stuff! My eyes would pop out of my head if I drank that much energy drink. It can't be healthy, surely!

Exactly Colly, it would be so ace being your own boss at home. "Ah, I've worked hard for 5 minutes, I deserve a 2 hour gaming break!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.