1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #83

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Waiting patiently is what I do best. It was sposed to happen in September :heh:

2. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Yup, Ara's very busy with RL.

3. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Had my first migrane in maybe a decade or so...at work. :(

Good thing it's still pretty quiet due to the holidays...once the pain relievers finally kicked in, I realized it was a pretty nice day weather- and work-wise. :)

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Playing the first Half-Life and using the Grunt-o-Matic is a lot of fun... even more with notarget on and the big thing that blasts a blue ray and disintegrates just about everything in the way (can't remember the name)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I was supposed to have Warcraft 3 and Half-Life 2 tonight, but my friend's unreachable. Blast.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    If you feel like Warcraft 3 TFT multiplayer, I can teach you some. Losing, for instance. :shake: Nah, seriously, I'm half-decent in the game and I'd welcome an SP teammate. This is not just to DoTW but anyone who plays TFT. ;) Don't fear me, even if you don't agree with me in the Alley. :D

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Ragusa - Actually my best friend gave me NWN2 for christmas as well but it wasn't so much about spending too much on a gift for me...she actually bought it for herself and it wouldn't run on her laptop. She did tell me that she had planned to give it to me if it didn't run for her but I think she was still disappointed that it wouldn't work.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm stuck on a puzzle that is the linch-pin for my newest PC game. :(

8. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Ara's up to her ears in RL at the moment.

9. Dice

Media:
    Well at least she still has the top of her head to enjoy.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Dragonfly: You may want to tell your friend that laptop hardware specifications are misleading sometimes. Especially graphics cards have reduced acceleration levels. I've heard that a laptop will score even 30% less in a game than a desktop with the same config and, although I'm quite skeptical as to the number itself, I've seen some benchmarks to lend credit to the idea.

As for NWN2, I suppose it's generally easier on people with glass monitors. On a glass monitor, turning Vsynch off won't make for much "tearing", but on a flat panel it's going to be ugly. This setting makes sure your frames per second don't exceed your monitor refresh rate. Thing is, your framerate gets divided even if you don't get close to your monitor refresh rate. In NWN2, it's one of the first things people disable to make the game run faster.

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Laptops typically have integrated video controllers, and will not have the same amount of RAM dedicate to video that top of the line desktop cards will. There are exceptions, since some laptops are designed to run DVDs, which demands a fairly high picture quality. That's why my laptop can run most games okay. Haven't gotten NWN2 yet, since I never get games when they first come out... I usually don't get them at all until they're given to me.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Thanks for the offer, but there are one tiny and one huge problem about it:

1- I'm not too crazy about online play (that's the minor problem)
    2- Getting it to run on Linux - if I ever manage to, I'll be damn impressed.

13. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well tomorrow we head home, six hours driving/eight hours on the road. I hope the weather is ok for the trip, the last hour and a half, we have to go right through a major snow belt.

14. Dice

Media:
    Have a safe trip Brallrock. :)

15. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Stefanina: Slight FUD there?

The amount of memory a laptop video card has little to do with it's performance compared to it's chip model, and playing DVD's is something any even remotely modern laptop with a DVD drive should do without any problems.

If you buy it today, and it's not one of those ultralight models without a DVD drive, it should play a DVD perfectly.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I love that thing.

Less then 100 Random babbling till the end of No 83

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

been getting drunk a lot recently. every day but 1 for the past, say, 3 weeks :beer:

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Me too, Ena, my throat is letting me know about it today as well. It's well sore.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

With me it's not the throat, but my energy levels are messed up. One minute I'm fit to party then the next I'm about to crash :eek: Oh well, just 3 more days. After New Year's I'm going to start toning it down.

20. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wensleydale cheese and crackers. So simple. So gorgeous!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.