1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #81

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, Fedora Core 6 on a P3 667 made me bust a fuse. It simply refuses to boot X (not enough RAM), and what good is Linux in text mode to surf the web and listen to music?

Xfce and Ubuntu, you have once again proved yourself to me. I need some caffeine.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sigh, after two weeks off to study for the silly FRM exam I actually have to go to work tomorrow.

It is quite sad really - the exam's format was in two 2.5 hour parts with a lunch break in the middle. By the lunch break all of the people in my work group seemed pretty sure that they had no hope whatsoever of passing. The books that we had purchased to prepare us for the exams didn't cover a significant portion of the questions. It was all multiple choice so we may have got some of those questions right by guessing but I wouldn't count on it being enough to pass.

There was a line on the answer card to put the name that you want to appear on the certificate if you pass and I had so little hope of it actually mattering that I put down to make the certificate out to Kermit the Frog.

I told my VP a month ago that I expected only three or four of the nine of us writing would pass and he was shocked and thought I was being pessimistic. I can't wait to see the reaction when the results are published and I am most likely either proven right or showed to have been an optomist.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

OMG, I have to be up in 5 hours! :jawdrop: Nitey-nite.

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

1:15 am and I'm just getting to RBP. Gotta save off on Civ IV earlier...

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

*sigh* I think I'm going to have to skip rewriting a paper to prevent myself from burning out for this up coming week. How disappointing.

7. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

@DotW: There are aplenty of programs to play mp3's from command line, and Links works fine as long as you don't need Java, JavaScript or images. :p

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Hi Shadow lurker :wave: welcome back

Well it's nice to be here again after a weekemd away of clubbing, Firday I went to Air to see Tiesto; and, having won VIP tickets saturday I went to Cream's Party to see Tiesto again and met him as well :cool:

My lower back is now killing me slowly, but it was well worth it :D

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    My compy's strange, but hey I blame windows XP. The begening of another week at college. Fortunately hollidays are soon.

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

No-bake cookies are good, but they aren't good for me. Why does everything that tastes the best have to be bad for me?

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Yayness, I saw Charlie get shot 3 times. I love watching him die. :evil:

I'm into farming now, but gotta go get that clue scroll this week. Hopefully the new skill is out and I can get it done in peace.

12. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Some shops are already playing carols... It's still November, for goodness' sake!

13. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Christmas is not far away :banana:

I love Christmas :banana: :banana:

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Afternoon all.

Christmas? Bah, I still need to get a handful of presents.

Anyone got any ideas (other than spam, lemons and the moon)?

Although the moon would make a pretty cool gift...

15. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Decados Blue Turtles, Pink Giraffes or maybe a flying Pig??

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Play chess? ;)

17. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Heh, if only I could do origami. I'd be able to irritate people for weeks by whipping out a flying pig whenever someone mentions that phrase.

Now there is an incentive to learn.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I found out what kind of monkey is in those Telus phone ads - squirrel monkey. Ook.

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I need to get all the gifts... I don't feel like buying anyone anything ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.