1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #8

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

For all of those who think that life sucks (smile Ara! ;) ) I would suggest to read this beautiful lyric from Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder, and of course to donwload the entire song somewhere else! :cool:

PRESENT TENSE

Do you see the way that tree bends? Does it inspire?
    Leaning out to catch the sun's rays...a lesson to be applied...
    Are you gettin' something out of this all-encompassing trip?

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh...
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can forgive yourself, oh yeah...
    Makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

Have you ideas on how this life ends?
    Checked your hands and studied the lines?
    Have you the belief that the road ahead ascends off into the light?
    Seems that needlessly it's gettin' harder
    To find an approach and a way to live...
    Are we gettin' something out of this all-encompassing trip?

You can spend your time alone redigesting past regrets, oh...
    Or you can come to terms and realize...
    You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh...
    A-makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    "I'm not a slave to a God that doesn't exist, I'm not a slave to a world that doesn't give a S***"

Marilyn Manson videos Rock. :)

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Aragorn II - There is no such thing as gravity, the world sucks :p

I need to find a plce to download Trials of the Luremaster as quickly as possible. I also need to get my friend in gear, otherwise he will be deleted, and I won't be able to download TotL. Perhaps if I kidnap the Cat... or the dog... nah to difficult I'll just ram the a cone on his head and do it while he struggles to get it off.

4. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@8people: that's why I always float around my bedroom while trying to type something original on the boards! :tie: :D
    (I hope everybody will understand the double meaning of the word "gravity"...)

5. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] Gee willickers, is this ever sweet...

I'm gonna grow my hair to the length of Zidane's from FF9.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I take it that's pretty long, Yerill.

Check out my topic in CS people!

Where's Frosty when you need her? I need to know if we have any homework. I can't find my timetable. :nolike:

7. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

WHY CAN'T ANYBODY EXCEPT ME SPELL WOLVERINE RIGHT? GRR.

I hate you people.

Need slash.

8. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Eze, I've never spelt Wolverine wrong, mainly because I've never had to write it :shake:

Has anyone considered that in Icewind Dale HoW and II you are on the wrong side? Because some things your enemies stand for are actually quite good causes. If it wasn't the fact they were handling them wrong.

Hmm... Knee dislocation... painful...

I was going to say something but forgot... damn... nope can't remember. I hate it when that happens :(

Maybe I'll remember it later...

9. Eze Gems: 24/31

You spelled it right!

*hugs 8people and gives her a Storm made out of chocolate*

10. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] er... okay Eze

hmm, you know when you really really want something to eat? And you can't get it? It's hell. I really fancy Spag Bol but it's half past nine at night so I've got no chance, but Mutti says she'll do some tomorrow ^_^

Even though I am really meant to her - I love my mummy :)

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

On a note from Yerril, I've cut my hair from Zidane's length (FF9) to a bit longer then some Commando's hair length. :D

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Eze: If we're speaking about spelling already, then I must throw my own two cents in: character names. Sometimes people have played BG2 more times than I've played all RPG together and they still can't spell 'Jaheira' for example. Jaheria, Jahiera, Jehiera - loads of that crap. Just why? Or Nalia's family name. The game spells it De'Arnise sometimes, so well, let it be (even though it's absurd), but not really Darnis or something of that kind. Irenicus is another example. 'Irencis' beats all. Damn, it's not even just misspelt or hooked on phonics - there's no language where 'Irenicus' would be pronounced that way or the 'Irenicus' sound written like that. Or 'paladin' (this time it's character class, not name) -'paladan', 'paldin', 'palladin' - generally it's good that no one gets it 'paladdin', although one can't really be sure :rolleyes:

13. Iago Gems: 24/31

At chevalier:

Maybe because a lot people are like me, getting rid of Jaheira as soon as possible, therefore never reading her name any more. Her healing powers are appreciated. But when I am out of the first dungeon, he he, she can take care of herself.

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ekhm, thanks, Yago. Your referring to me by my PDN has just reminded me of it being misspelt too many a time for my limited liking. Some people don't even screw it up occasionally, but constantly use some butchered version, heh.

15. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Once again, I had to go to another campout, all because of my dad's decision, which I had no say in whatsoever, that I should go. I came back with a weird flu, allergies from all the juniper around the campsite, and I'm about to get another blister on my lip. The only good side is that I finally learned to play Yahtzee and Egyptian Ratscrew. And anothre game called Spoons.

:sick:

16. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Chevvy - some people just type quickly, they know how to spell it but sometimes don't double chekc to make sure, I know I sometimes spell Jaheira wrong and sometimes other things, sorry if it annoys you but sometimes I don't always get to check it through, or I miss it.

I LOVE MY MOTHER - SHE FOUND MY ToB CD!! WHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

17. Iago Gems: 24/31

Lol, that just reminds me of my catastrophic spelling. Chevalier has made a fantastic analogy some time ago. The spelling of most English words needs a reflex-saving-throw. If I miss it, letters get lost and theirs becomes there or there becomes they're.

18. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

This spelling issue is funny! While as an English teacher I deplore poor spelling, the occasional typo is understandable. Or, if someone doesn't have the game running while they post, they may just take a stab at names like Irenicus or Jaheira. It's not like these are simple names like Jan or Bob. These posts are not essays, and as long as I get the feeling a person is not just being a l33t using twit, I'm cool with their foibles.

19. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] 8people is back in business!

Remove the spells of holding from my long paused projects and allow notepad to not fail me!

For I am back! And my MODs are too.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yay! Yago said catastrophic! My favorite word :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.