1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #79

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

This may be a dumb question, because everyone else seems to know what you're talking about, but what is this SoBe thing you keep nattering on about? The only thing I can think of is SoyBe, which is a type of infant formula for dairy intolerant kids. But I can't believe that even you are drinking infant formula.....

2. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

SoBe is a line of drinks and teas they sell on top of the world. They have quite a few flavors and try to tote themselves as being healthier than soda. I like their green tea quite a bit. By the way HB, what the heck were you doing on my truck the other morning? Or was that just a relative?

Work once again sucked last night, they have got to get some staff soon or I am going to die. Working a 12 hour shift and not having time to even stop and eat is nuts. You end up scarfing candy on the run just to keep your energy up.

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ah, weekend. I almost forgot what it was like in my 3 months of leeching unemployment. It feels quite okay. The downside is that I will remember what the mondays were like, as well.

It's a bit grey outside, with a shy and vague sun.
    I feel nice. Hope you all do, too. :)

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ugh, I drank far too much, and was slightly ill before retiring. My head hurts...

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Gah, Shooting in two hours, the guy HAS GOT to have the camera, if not I swear it would not be pretty. Plus the sound-woman on my team just vanished, don't answer the phone or emails don't show up in class. WTF is the deal with her? She don't care? Teamwork dammit! Teamwork!

Btw, I think that making Documentaries are so much more fun than fiction movies.

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Uh-huh.
    ;)

I was merely commenting out of irritation- I'm not in the habit of asking people I've never me for sympathy. While normally I'd agree that 7 hours is not bad, I've been very tired lately and have been bleeding a lot, which doesn't help.

Besides, it was partly the thought of having to get up and smile my way through people telling me about the weather as though the last five people haven't said exactly the same thing.

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Heya, sorry Decados :D . I was probably a little grumpy from not getting enough sleep lately :p . I look forward to a time many years from now when I will be able to sleep as much as I want too.

8. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I guess I should apologise too. In retrospect, I kinda just snapped back at you. Sorry about that.

In other news: my grandparents have arrived.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/salespitch

Brall has summed it up pretty well, though I will add a part: SoBe also dabbles in energy drinks, which includes Adrenaline Rush and No Fear. Both are available as regular or sugar-free, and No Fear is also available in a Gold version, which hits even harder than regular No Fear. No Fear Gold isn't to be taken lightly.

Also, SoBe are known for their bottlecaps, which parody popular culture. Here are a few examples: "Say Hello To My Little Lizard" (from Scarface - original quote is "Say Hello To My Little Friend"), Sobe Wan Kenobi (DUH), Apocalizard Now (Apocalyspe Now - the movie), and a few others.

/end salespitch

Kubuntu works great. Who needs Winblows, anyway?

10. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I do - Aurora Toolset works plain badly with Wine and Kubuntu is a bit bloated and assumes a bit too much about the user's intentions.

Now, Gentoo without the bloody compiling...

11. Ofelix

Media:
    Well be playing World of Darkness tomorow! Yeah, so long I've played a table top Role Playing Game.

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Started playing Magic. Am playing it tomorrow.

Had a Back to School night in the union. Gotta love that Catholic Schoolgirl uniform! :D

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Magic the Gathering? Great game! :thumb:

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

DotW: I love the lizzard comments too. One of my favourites is "I want to hole your Lizzard"

Daie: But I would look like something out of a nightmare in one of those school girl outfits...

Saber: You got that right, but I can't keep steady opponents because they tend to get out of the hobby and/or live miles away from me...

I have a headache...

15. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Posting at work again, life is much better tonight.

Magic the Gathering is an awesome game, just hard to find someone to play with at my age and location. Still have the PC version.

/passes some Advil around for headaches

16. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Magic the Gathering rules.

I used to have a big collection of cards but I sold them all to finance living when I hit hard times :(

Good old eBay!

17. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I sold my by the pound when I was really hard up for cash. It was the same time I sold my comic book collection by the pound. I made $150 but I lost money if I had sold them on Ebay.

Back when I was a security gaurd we used to play by the hours, it was great!

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Now, Dragonfly, why would you ever *not* agree with me? I am a very agreeable person. :p

As an update...to sort of clear up some stuff:

Friday, after a 12 hour shift, I got off work at 7am and got in to bed around 8am. I woke up 4 hours later to the never-ending noise above me. I went back to work at 6:30pm and got off at 7am. From there, I had to go straight to school. Once school was out at 1pm, I was having trouble keeping my eyes open while driving home...but managed it without hitting anyone...at least; I don't think I hit anyone. :p I ended up crashing on my bed, fully clothed...hat and shoes included...at 2pm. :bad:

It's kind of funny how, just a few years ago, I would go to LAN parties that lasted all night or all weekend...and I was able to stay awake just fine. But then again, that was before I was right after high school and before I had a real job. Now, after one 12 hour shift I'm dead.

Sleep is good. :D :rolling:

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Gah! Does somebody own the « dispel homework » spell? I would really, really appreciate it.

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Well that solves it. I did wonder who almost hit me while driving with their eyes closed.
    :p

Just how appreciative would you be?

Nah, the spell is unlikely to get past homework's almost total magic resistance and godly saving throws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.