1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #75

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Posting links to web videos is soooooooo yesterday.

Funny thing is, some people think that, without Net Neutrality, web videos are soooooooo not going to be freely available during our fast approaching tomorrows.

I am only posting this link because a featured 'Yahoo! video' link appeared 30 minutes ago on the Yahoo! front page that produced a 'video no longer available' message. So I hunted down the original on our still wonderfully neutral Net.

Maybe that isn't the only reason. Tron Guy is in it 0.o, plus he speaks in his own mini vid on the site.

http://www.wearetheweb.org

edit: Its back up and working on Yahoo!

[ August 10, 2006, 03:08: Message edited by: Ahrontil ]

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Game Show Network did a thing where they counted down the top 50 Game Shows of all time. Tonight's installment included an episode of To Tell the Truth where the first segment was about a Con Artist...

Isn't that kind of Ironic?

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

:skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic:

I think I know. If it's indeed what I'm thinking... then kuemp, you horndog! But if you are indeed refering to *those* fruits, then count them as the only kind I like. I prefer 'em natural, though.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Morning SPers and how are we this fine Thursday?

Why, we're all fine, thank you DarkStrider, how are you?

Good thanks, and good to hear you are too. :lol:

ANd, now none of you have to answer :lol:

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It isn't. :) Should I say? Nah, the mystery will linger.

I didn't win 2nd place. :( This tiny spurt of, dare I say, hope pops her maniacal self out to remind me - You could get one of the dolls and/or the monkey! Saturday (when it's posted that I didn't win anything and am a cr@p, hack writer), I will be freaking out majorly and in even more of a depressive state than I am now.

Be glad you don't live with me.

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

OI! Quit puttin' words in our mouths! :lol:

For one, it's definitely not FINE here; it's actually raining quite heavy (and not the usual morose drizzle that lingers around for a few depressing weeks) so I gotta beg a lift from my folks...then deal with the strings thusly attached. :skeptic:

7. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Game addicts only. If you are not a game addict please don't pay any attention to this post.

What addiction?

Why is the world waking up to this now?
    (from http://www.mmogchart.com )

So whats it to you how I spend my time?

The ill-founded, verbose, off-topic and pedantic garbage that filled the two threads that valiantly tried to broach this subject in the Alley lately was not unexpected since afterall, if this stuff was important we would know all about it already, right?

It won't catch me out, right?

Bloody Runescape and eRose and Eve and DDO: Stormreach.

If you read enough stories at the eqdailygrind site you will know it was not the games fault, but rather that I went into the MMORPG worlds feeling down and never reached the usual point of game completion where I felt compelled to get up again (and I enjoyed every minute of it).

The problem eventually hit home when those selfish people known as my friends and family had missed my company to such an extent that they started demanding more of my time (the swines).

So no more MMOs. If the video posted above is real then that guy is braver than I am to post it on the web. Virtually the same thing happened to me, without the camera. And the stripping.

By the way, the social aspect of this board is why many people return to it year in and year out. The social pull of MMOs is many times greater, so if you are addicted to Sorcerers.net be careful out there, in whichever out-there you chose.

(If you are not a game addict, because game addicts are weak-willed and you are stong willed and great and uber and do sports too, then please feel free to create a thread about why you are great and call it something like 'Why I am great and not addicted' and I will be able to give it all the attention it deserves.)

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    hour and a half till I leave! :banana:

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Our fruit bowl contains apples, bananas, oranges and.....mushrooms? :confused: Weird.

[ August 10, 2006, 15:24: Message edited by: Shell ]

10. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

If they're growing mushrooms Shell, they've been there too long :p

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Given: Two 1 L bottles, one filled with shampoo and the other with conditioner, each fitted by the manufacturer with a pump-top that dispenses a reasonably consistent amount of product (without doing serious measurements and statistical annalyses, that is; also, the amount of shampoo seems about the same as the amount of conditioner).

Situation: Each shampooing uses two pumps of shampoo and one of conditioner

Question: Why is the conditioner bottle empty first?!?!?!

12. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

It is rainy and grey here, I can't do any of the outside stuff I need to get done today. Oh well, I geuss I'll have to play on the computer then! ;)

13. Disciple of The Watch

It shows you don't know my ex, kuemp.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

thesis is almost done, so sleepy.

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I feel I've been neglecting my duties to visit the BOM daily. Shame on me.

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm an adult! Yeeeaahhh! I've come back from vacation!

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Vacations make you adults??? What is the world coming to these days!

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Unless he went on one of those 'adult' vacations... ;)

19. Disciple of The Watch

Nah, 'felix turned 18, that's all.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I thought I'd won something from an Ocean Master for my story in YPP because one of my pirates had a rat as a pet. I realized this pirate didn't even post a story! You can fork over big bucks 100 dubs/100k poe for an elephant if you want; I'm sticking with the bilger's friend. :aww:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.