1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #7

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hint: Tal is the alpha and omega. The day he became member ?

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    actually alpha is derived from the phoenician word for cow (or bull) :D

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] It started with Tal's interest in BG1. at first there was no forum only a chatroom and some gameresources for BG1. The forums all started with the a Douglas Adams thread. The grandfather of them all. I won't name it since it has been defiled before.
    Anyway you can read more in Taluntain's "about us" link from the main page.

4. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Actually alpha (before it became a Greek letter) was a phoenician letter but I doubt the letter itself meant something.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    This will brighten anyone's day:

Philadelphia Chickens

Scroll down and listen to clips #1 and 3, then try to imagine a 3-year-old dancing around the house and singing these songs! OK, OK, so maybe you have to be a parent to truly appreciate it...

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmm... on another forum I am now on I have encontered democracy. V. strange. And complicated.

I have had so many Deja VUs today that I think there is some really weird Matrix stuff happenming around me... :p

(Sniffles)

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Democracy on boards turns into ochlocracy - the rule of mob. And don't anyone even try to tell me voted moderation is fun. Heh. Long live our duce! :evil:

8. Iago Gems: 24/31

Isn't this board ruled by a triumvirat ?

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No, just three consuls. Tal is Bonaparte, BTA is Cambaceres and Ex is Lebrun.

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I've changed my name (from C'Jakob to Oaz)*. I'm fairly sure it's equally odd to pronounce.

* - edited

[ May 06, 2003, 21:52: Message edited by: Oaz ]

11. Volsung Gems: 14/31

What was you name before this one?

[ May 06, 2003, 21:54: Message edited by: Alexander the Great ]

12. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Hearing a song you could've sworn you made up as a child released in a greatest hits album is at once a shocking, nostalgic, and truly odd sensation. :p

My prom outfit is so cool. No money spent, just cobbled together some smartish clothes. Sweeeet...

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] C'Jakob, i mean Oaz, may i inquire as to why? your old name was cool (IMO) and had a funkay number of syllables, this one seems odd somehow :confused: ! This one is easier to say tho lol.

14. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Heh, it just feels awkward having mad cow disease for a name, although I admit it's a bit funny.

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I liked C'Jakob too. It was so different that it was easily to remember your posts and who you were.
    But I shouldn't be the one asking people to stay with their names.. Bleh., :mommy:

16. Iago Gems: 24/31

And is Oaz a name or is it standing for anything ?

17. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I like the fact that I can just randomly babble here with no negative repercussions. Today's babble focusses on the fact that I hate my job. I'd like to warn anyone even thinking about being a teacher not to do it. You get no respect from the community, students, or administration. If I can make it to the end of June, it'll be a bloody miracle.

End rant. Give DePaara his new gem -- that's about the only good thing in my life right now.

18. Hephaestus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

His life sucks, but he got a new gem.

19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I take the advice that my buddies John Cleese, Eric Idle, and all the rest gave in "The Life of Brian": "Always look on the bright side of life!" Although I often tend to look at the dark side too!

20. Volsung Gems: 14/31

@Depaara: Yeah, that's good you can say anything you want(except of course bad words or you'll be banned) whenever you want.
    And you should always look on the bright side of a situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.