1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #69

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ah! My mom's car just got flooded... she was driving, and the river overflowed and caught her car. She got out with my sister, but the car is ****ed. Nearly brand new, too. At least everyone is alright.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Saber, I'm glad everyone is safe. Cars can be replaced; human beings can't.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

How to keep your moderators happy:

1. DO NOT set Interplay as their home page

2. DO NOT ask their girlfriends if they know what THAC0 is

3. DO NOT offer to show them.

4. DO NOT fart in church and blame it on them

5. DO NOT lock them in the dark church

Well, to continue today's news. I had my first attempt at driving a car. It was scary. The fact that the first car I drove was a supercharged Land ROver didn;t help.

Also, we discovered that one student's electric wheelchair handles like a tank.

[ May 15, 2006, 04:14: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

4. Saber

Well, that car is gone. We tried to go back and pull it out... the water had risen 4 inches. We couldn't find anything to tie the rope onto on the front of the car without having my dad actually dive under the water and tie it onto the axel, and he is not going to do that, its far too dangerous. In any case, I sure hope the insurance company helps out (yeah right, those scammers :rolleyes: )

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    OMG, Wooot!, One Big Weekend ROCKED!!, I loved the Zutons, We Are Scientist and The Kooks. Although the Kooks stormed off stage as people in th crowd were taking the attention away from the Kooks and they got annoyed, nt even a goodbye or thank you.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Saber, uh... you're just going to leave the car? Aren't there any car rescue services you could call?

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    A most glorious battle indeed! The enemy were over a hundred vicious uncivilized and eager to cut flesh! On our side, the brave and honourable warrior we were only half of them. It didn't matter we had honour anc courage by our side. I slayed over 30 of the dishonorouable scum my hallberd was filled with heathen blood, my armour was worn and my muscle were aching but I had courage at my side! Slashing a ultimate strike before our glorious victory I killed two scum with it! A double kill with a single hit. Indeed I was stunned. I dids suffered damage, but fear not 'tis but a fleshwound! *

* T'was all true, except the weapons were made of foam. But I totaly killed two guy with a single strike, most astonishing indeed.

8. Saber

They won't go there. We called them, they said too bad. We tried to get it out... the water is up to the door handles (this is a mini-van, by the way). So, we're down a 30 thousand dollar car.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ofelix, what the smeg were you doing? Sounds like fun!

In other news, french exam at 10.50am tomorrow (today?). *gulp*

J'ai peur...

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

At work again, and I am sitting with a patient tonight, so I should get some good posting in tonight, because I will be sitting here for 12 hours. Not that I'm complaining of course, because it makes for an easy night.

@Saber, I believe that flooded roads fall under no fault part of insurance, I am glad no one got hurt.

My new phone takes video, how crazy is that! I need to get a memory card so I can use the MP3 player. DoTW has brought me to the dark side.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Mwhahaha! Welcome to the Dark side, Brallrock! :evil:

No, seriously, I'm not a huge fan of music phones, but to quote my pal Chandos, "If I can carry one device instead of 10, all the better!". I intend to get a CDMA RAZR, so I too will have a music player and camera.

12. Ofelix

Media:
    Daie; why? I've been doing medieaval battles with foam weapons. To put it more eloquently I was f**cking pwing!

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Saber, but I assume the water will go down eventually? Is the car stuck in place?

14. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    When the water does go down, the car will be ruined, best he would get for it would be sending it to the scrap, cos a new interior costs about as much as a new car...

15. Saber

The water is now above the lights... if we do get the car out (in 3 or 4 days when the rain stops), it will be ruined. We will just get a new one, and if the insurance company helps, it will be (relativley) cheap.

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sorry to hear about your car Saber but Nakia is right. At least your family is safe and healthy.

Mothers day was nice. I got some home made cards with coupons for chores my son has to do anyway. (But the thought was nice) My husband actually watched the baby for about an hour and 1/2 off and on so I got a break from the little ones non-stop baby action. I also went to the local supermarket and bought a premade roast chicken dinner which meant that I didn't have to cook.

[ May 15, 2006, 04:15: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

17. Ofelix

Media:
    I wish sorcerers' place would count as extra english work. I need some extra points, and it's in english and I'm talking with other people no? Doesn't that count as « Practicing my english » ? The topics might not be very... topic-able for school purpose and that's a valid point.

18. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I'm afriad I didn't get to do too much for my mom or my wife, unfortunately, because I had to sleep so I could come to work. I knew sitting with this guy was to good to be true, I am now transferring him out to get another OD. Yippee!

19. teekc Gems: 23/31

last post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.