1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #68

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I have seriously considered a chainmail to wear as a waistcoat under a business suit when being eccentric. :D

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Chastity belts sound fun :roll:

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I prefer splint mail. A little heavier and more of a custom item, but I think it looks better.

EDIT: Hmm, it seems what I have is actually banded mail, not splint mail. The only real difference being the degree of coverage by the strips of metal; splint mail has more.

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Chainmail...You can't beat it. Unless you're an English Longbowman.

/me does the Agincourt dance

Speaking of Agincourt, tis time for Chibi-Daie to continue his Medieval Total War campaign. So far I have taken the entirety of western europe, except Spain, and am now focusing on removing the egyptian king from where prussia used to be.

/me dons steel helmet, and mounts warhorse.

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger:
    Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
    Disguise fair nature with hard-favoured rage;
    Then lend the eye a terrible aspect.

Henry V, for inspiration

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, something for the clubs. a cahinmail top with a long black velvet skirt and wmblow gloves would be pretty awesome...

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    You must have something nice, Ara. Plus, don't let clothes stand in the way of a night out. You know it's all unnecessary feminine insecurity anyway. :shake:

Now, please repeat the above when I go paranoid about what to wear. :shake:

7. Arabwel

Media:
    I would hav e something to wear if only I had done the laundry *grimace*

'tis slobbishness, really.

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Well, there are always accessories to add that extra bit of glamour to an otherwise mundane outfit.

Accessories are addictive. :evil:

9. Arabwel

Media:
    Sadly enough, stains donpt count :p

10. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    On the bright side: your slobbishness is impressive. :shake:

11. Arabwel

Media:
    It is indeed, is it not? :D

*procrastinates the dishes some more*

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I think it would be most insteresting to see what a guy would do if he gets back to his room only to find that the girl he picked up at the bar had a chastity belt on.

If I was a beautiful woman, I think I might do something like that just for kicks. I suppose a woman in one of those would never have to worry about who takes her home either, it'd take some real determination on the guys part to get through that.

13. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I'm officially sick of History...and of my own laziness...I hate having only myself to blame, but its all I can do...*sigh*...I shall get this essay written before Friday, although I will die from it probably...

In other news, I've finally settled on a theme for my first D20 campaign with my friends...now to learn how to play and to start :p something which I must confess may take a while : /

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Contrary to popular opinion, time does not heal all wounds; chocolate does. And over time, you can bet you've had some chocolate somewhere. ;)

15. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Dark chocolate is supremely delightful. Work looks to be slow tonight, if only I could chat at work. Oh well, I can work on my post count.

In other news, it was warm enough that we could eat on the deck tonight, and the woodpecker came down and ate out of the feeder while we were out there. It was awesome.

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Home made cheese biscuits are sooo good. All warm and flaky and cheesy out of the oven with the smell of their baking wafting throughout the house. Then put a little bit of butter on the warm biscuits so that it melts in.... hungry anyone?

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hmm... white chocolate is hard to beat, but yeah, dark chocolate is a true delicacy.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I've never heard of a cheese biscuit before. Sounds like it might be quite good though.

19. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'll take a cheese biscuit if I may please! I love cheese biscuits. You guys are making me hungry.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ilmater, I went to an exhibition at the British Museum, and they had old chastity belts on display. The female one had a slit in it to allow the unfortunate woman to use the lavvy, but the slit had serrated edges. Yikes.

The male one was solid metal in the shape of the parts it covered, meaning that an erection would be uncomfortable, as the belt was solid metal, and therefore unyielding.

Safe to say, I was glad to live in an age free of such torture devices. All my generation has to deal with is the cricket box.

@Uytuun + Ara. SOmeone cleans my room, and does my laundry for me. Do I get lazy points?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.