1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #67

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I was tempted to say something else, but a part of me has thought better of it. :shake:

One more day done. Wootness.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Ouch. I don't think the tooth fairy will want that one...

So we want a Random Anime Babbling thread, a Random Babbling Random Babbling thread, a Random Ofelix Babbling thread, a Random Food Babbling thread...

Anything else we need to specifically babble about?

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Yay! Contacts are back! No more glasses unless these things screw up again. Eh, I was just getting used to my glasses look.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

So...f***ing...bored. Maybe I'll eat some cake. :yum:

EDIT: *sigh* Settled for old brownies. Still good, but... *sigh*

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I hate waking up this early.... stupid appointment *sigh*

6. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

/rants I got so little sleep and what I had was broken up. My wife woke me up at 1pm to tell me the van wont start, I can't get it going with a boost from the truck, tow truck guy can't get it going, so he tows it to my mechanic. No word back on it today, will have to call in the AM. Before I can go back to bed, I have to run my wife to the store so she can get stuff for supper.(she can't drive the truck) So I got 4 and 1/2 hours of sleep and work was crazy busy the first 5 hours.
    /ends rant

7. Disciple of The Watch

I have pronounced my judgement for your possible phone upgrade in RCPBT, Brallrock.

More aging OS tomorrow. BLECH.

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Thanks, I just got a chance to check it out. I hope to go to the Verizon store today, and see what my options are. I am in the new every two program, but I can't remember how long I have had this one. Thanks for the advice, the Samsung is a fine looking phone.

If it is such an aging OS, why do they teach it?

9. Disciple of The Watch

Win 95, 98, 2000 and NT I can understand... but DOS? I can understand it's the base of everything, but honestly, who still uses that?

They're pretty reliable too, I have a T809 (*yes, I am trying to find you one, Kitrax*) and I'm very satisfied with it so far. Now if it could only be unlocked... I'd use it with Fido just because of the 0.05$ per minute evenings and week-ends plan they offer me.

10. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

My workmates and I do, when adding databases like Ingres, Oracle etc sometimes the only way to solve a problem is through DOS since windows etc do macro-level and you have to tweak it through DOS.

In other news today it's bright and shiny and good morning SP

11. Arabwel

Media:
    ... I miss DOS....

In other nbews, I actually went for a ride. Go me!

12. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Morning DS. I am paying for my easy night last night, I am running my arse off. Still hours from sunrise here, but it is supposed frost tonight.

How is that new phone? DoTW tells me it is adefinite no go with my carrier. As for DOS, I am severly limited in its usage.

Morning to you too Ara, you came on as I was typping.

13. Arabwel

Media:
    GFood morning, Brallrock. it is nice and shiny here and if I actually go for another ride, the weather wll be awesome :D

I swear, i need less stuff in the panrty, deciding on lunch is a pain.

14. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Speaking of DOS and Windows... I remember one of the "fixes" (if you can call it that) that Microsoft had for NT, which involved booting into DOS to fix a corrupted file... someone apparently had forgotten that DOS and NTFS don't like each other :shake:

DOS was rubbish, but at least you had full control over everything. Something goes wrong, no problem! it can be fixed. With Windows if something goes wrong you reinstall the OS. :eek:

15. DarkStrider

/me hugs Ara and says well done :)

Morning Brallrock the new phone has not being placed in my greedy mitts yet, should have tomorrow or friday, I have another parcel to miss and then collect them all from the post office.

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You WHAT?!? Come to my work Ara, we use a program called Workstream, and it's all command prompt...even the email! :bang: As of last week, everyone will be getting an 'iNotes' account to replace the crummy "VAX Mail" system the company has been using since the very early '90s.

I hate command prompt! One letter off and you're screwed! :nono:

On the other hand, I hate HTML too! I wasted over 6 hours editing my site today, and it still doesn't do what I want it to do! :bang: I can't wait until I get Dreamweaver! :rolling:

17. Arabwel

Media:
    I am a freak :p

I actually went and took that ridde, and I aam still all restless-like... :eek: i think thwee world is about to end!

18. DarkStrider

/me hides from the end of the world, if I don't notice it perhaps it will ignore me :) :rolling:

19. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I wish I knew at least the basics in DOS...but I have no idea at all, I have to get my dad to install all the old games I play that need it.

Oooo...I have 3 hours of English this afternoon, that should destroy what semblance of a brain I have left :( ...life goes on though *sigh*

20. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

3 days off, yippee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.