1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #6

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Actually, 8people, I was talking more about medieval times. People then had more fear of getting their livestock getting eaten by starving wolves than a spider bite. Of course, no giant spiders existed. :p

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

One thing about spiders is that their hunting method is highly unusual in the animal kingdom, in that they set traps (webs) and then wait. Given the Judeo-Christian view of the Devil (that he is sneaky, patient, and can only get to you if you walk into one of his deceitful traps) it only seems natural to me that spiders, with their intricate and beautiful traps, would be associated with evil.

My experience with wolves has always been about 50 / 50. Werewolves are traditionally evil or bad, and Vampires can control wolves or take wolfen form. On the other hand, wolves are often seen as symbols of nature's purity, both in Europe, Asia, and some Native American belief systems (sort of like Dances with Wolves). In stories like George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire", Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time", and especially Kipling's "Jungle Book", wolves are forces of good. I would say their Pack mentality, with the communal approach to many things, appeals in some ways to the Lawful side of some people and cultures -- "together we are greater than the sum of our parts" sort of an attitude.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, he is. Heäs the robotic cat sitting on top of a huge stuffe Mog :D Seeing as I was plaing FF7 when I first saw Gothmog around here, my first asociation was NOT a LotR nsaty, bnut rather, one of these FF7 cute, huggable, thingies (Well, at least theuy'rwe supposed to be like that... not for me) donned up as a Goth... And never got over that image again :p

Urgh, I have a horrendous , horrendous job to 'pdo... a manual of a psychoogical test to translate. It's horrid. Absolutely horrid.

(In pain)

4. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

@8people
    You need to have netscape navigator for blink to work. If you're gonna make an entire site out of HTML, then do the research first. There are many things that arent gonna work with particular browsers. Ill look around for one if you want.

5. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Why? Do you think that I should join this conversation or not? Is it actually useful or simply random babbling?

[ April 10, 2003, 11:06: Message edited by: Khazraj ]

6. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

I am so bored at the moment. Im stuck at dads work for another half hour or so. It is already 7 o'clock.

Does anyone know when Taza is going to finish that SP mod shop? It looks grouse.

7. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What does the word "grouse" mean?

8. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I am gonna finish it when i get enough good items...
    And when i have finished IWD2...

9. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

What kind of Australian are YOU?!?!
    Grouse is another word for tops, which is another word for Ace, which is another word for "That is so excellently excellent, it supercedes cool and excellent and goes straight to grouse"

But, you knew that already, didnt you?

10. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

11 more posts and this'll get closed down. I presume this is like all other babbling topics.

Bytheway what is Tobias counting down?

I have a feeling Khazraj wont be visiting this topic much ;)

Look at this: cheese for your mouse :)

11. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Might as well get in while there are eleven posts left :p

I'm feeling random. I felt sick last night from eating too many malteasers (sp?) Ummm. Chocolate

1 more day of SCHOOL!

WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

12. Arabwel

Media:
    Lucky you :D

Luckier me, no school till August :D

Of course, I am stuck with work experience-type of stuff till then, but do I care? Nah. Much more fun. And IO DO gert paid :D Even if I don´t get much, it's still money. :D :p

Hugo Weawing is a GOD: Go watch Adventuresa of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. It's a great movie :D Even if gree isn't his colour :D

More randomness? Hmm... I know the names of two of my weird, weird books I shall write :D

I hate this translation job I am SUOPPOSED to be doing.

And this keyboard I am on right now is pure crap.

(The resident insane sicko)

13. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Paladine:politeness my ass.

And I'm really thinking you're mister Grammarbane himself. Or just Grammarbane II. Are you homophobic, BTW?

Parents should die.

14. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

*Casts summon people to the chatroom*

And babbles randomly!

15. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Brr i was arguing with amazon.com about my damaged Insurrection. It doesn't affect reading but the left side of the cover has some damage.
    Anyway it doesn't affect reading but they gave me some refund.
    Ahh
    *babbles randomly*

16. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Homophobes don't rule.

I am so bored, hey only 5 posts to go

17. Arabwel

Media:
    There is only one homophobe on the planet that I like and we know him as Chevalier. Everyone else who has something else to complain about can just go to hell. Case closed.

@ Taza: coming, coming...

(Why do I bother with the goon gallery?)

18. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I had only three hours long schoolday today...

BTW, Taza's spell worked again.

*even more random babble* :p

19. Arabwel

Media:
    I really like sitting here in the computer room here at my "schhol". Total ergonomics... TOTALLY ergonomic. As in, this room is made for TEASTING all the ossible ergonomic things to find out the best possible chioice... am I a lucky elg'caress or what?

( :D :D :D :D : :D )

20. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

LoL
    1 more post and this thread ends.Let's just babble.
    I hate fishes.
    I like drow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.