1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #6

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I added a quote to my last post in the Quote ame thread, but since it was just an edit the thread didn't move up in the ranks. So if anyone is interested, the clock is ticking!

2. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

hmmmmmmmm......... <pitch slide up>
    hmmmmmmmmm........<pitch slide down>
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. <low G>
    Man, I don't know what to babble about.......

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The logic: I was trying to get one of the workers at the place I live to go return the video with me, because I fet bored and wanted to bug someone. The "Aww!" thing was a comment from the peanut gallery aka an another tenant.

*sigh*

I want to see a certain movie, and my usual rental store has it... but the problem is LOCATING the damned tape! :/

(Why, oh WHY did I get the goon gallery?)

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

grr, I want Paintshop Pro or Photoshop! MS Paint just doesn't do squat.

[ April 09, 2003, 09:39: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I'm getting an AVATAR!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

And ofcourse with a boring and casual text below. I really aint good for making short lines :(

6. Arabwel

Media:
    By the way, a question? Are you Gothmog or a goth mog? Because there is a huuuge difference between those two... :D

(I've been thinking too much FF7)

7. Gothmog

Its together: Gothmog

Whats that huuuge difference? a bunny and an elephant? :shake:

And its not from FF :p Its from Middle-earth though its not that well known. In fact its quite rare :)

Is this topic gonna close after 500 posts are made as all previous?

8. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Wheeee.

Just 7-10 more working days and I'll have Broadband on both of my home computers.

*Muahahaha*

Spent all of French helping 8people create sound files for new NPC's on BG2. :spin:

(Nearly been a member of the boards of 1 year exactly!!)

9. Arabwel

Media:
    The huge difference:

Gothmog: Tolkien nastie

A goth Mog: Ever played Final Fantasy 7? The thing Cait Sith rides is a stuffed Mog... :D

Matrix rocks.

(Who, me, weird?)

10. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Stupid parents banned me from comp, so I can't be that much around.

I hate them.

*stomps angrily off, sharpening two katanas*

11. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Wheee! using the go on SP while the teachers not looking! Very fun.

Spiffy! :eek:

12. Ex-Paladine Banned

OOO Eze I think you MUST be more politer.

13. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Countdown - 1 day.

I can finally start setting up my site using code!

Let's see...<p align=center><blink>Welcome to my site! Look around to your pleasure!</blink>
    I think that's right.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Blinking text doesn't usually work.

me is unhappy :cry:
    Had very bad news...

15. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Gothmog, ah yes. Lord of the Balrogs. A nasty, if I recall correctly. Slew my good friend Fingon in the battle of unnumbered tears. Conquering Gondolin, he was truly an mighty evil one. Too bad for him Ecthelion came aknocking :grin:

16. Gothmog

Completely correct Faragorn :grin:

I think i heard the answer before but i didnt remember it:
    The Echtelion tower in Gondor. Does it have anything to do with Echtelion of Gondolin ?

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I must be the only person on these boards who couldn't get into LotR and found it incredibly boring in the beginning :rolleyes:

Say it is not so...

damn this project... tis such a... word that is not repeatable upon these boards... it is really annoying... why is there acid rain to do projects on? why!! :sosad:

18. Gothmog

Hey 8people, why dont you try reading The Hobit first. I know i started with it, and next week i was already reading this once-mysterious-massive-green-ancientwizardpainting book. :grin:

@Ara
    I played FF7 but very little (i was in my best times in BG2 ;) ). Isnt Cait sith that white-puff "guy"? The one who betrayes you sometime in the city? or makes suicide?? (my memory's a bit fuzzy).

19. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I've noticed another quirk about the Forgotten Realms.

Spiders associated with Drow. Drow are associated with Chaotic Evil. Spiders are thus indirectly assoicated with Chaotic Evil. I mean, have you ever seen one related to Law or Good? Nope. Spiders, in FR, are big, hungry, mean, rude things that harbor death and poison.

Now look at wolves. Most of the time, they sorta represent nature, right? The wolf, the solitary protector, the silent warrior, yadda yadda. I find it very interesting that they are not associated with Chaotic Evil that much (although they can be, when I think of Werewolves and Shadow Mastiffs).

Isn't this interesting?

In real life, spiders, and other bugs were regarded as puny things only worthy to be stepped on. Hardly assoicated with Evil. Wolves, on the other hand, took your sheep, children, and flesh. Big bad wolf, the hungry wolf, Werewolves, the wolf in the Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe, etc. Wolves were almost always associated with Evil historically.

Funny.

20. 8people

Media:
    @Gothy - I did read the hobbit first. wasn't all that interested in it though it's alright.

@C'J - more poeople are arachnophobic than wolfiephobic. :p

Lolth is CE Spider queen - therefor her Drow minions raise and influence spiders. they are the CE ones.

Giant Spiders in forests however are like the ones in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, hide away and eat what they can but tasty tasty human = free lunch.

Wolves, however, are actually misunderstood, often taken for the evil fairytale folk who rob people of livestock and children often would rather eat something easy to get away from humans with big guns. Or bows. That's why in Britain the only wild wolves left are in Scotland, poor things :(

Shame there aren't giant spiders in England too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.