1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #5

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Okay here goes:

Yay my 300th post on SP :cool:

Thought I'd share it with you all :)

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I hate elves. They are so emotionless. Kapish.

3. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

reep: WTF?!
    Eze: Kapisce

[ February 07, 2003, 19:55: Message edited by: Tarol'azh, a.k.a.Tobias ]

4. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

What is the deal with appreciation??

You drool over something amazing, because you haven't got it.

Then you actually get it, and instantly forget how amazing it is.

Then you lose it, and suddenly remember just how great it was!

Dammit, why can't it be human nature to appreciate something when we have it?! :p

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Are TFT screens worth it? I´m going to buy one: Hercules 920DVI (17", yay!). Costs ~800€, autch. Now I have a decend 17" Samtron 75E monitor... Buy or not to buy?

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Weee! its my 18th birthday! woo!

Now begins the 'official' decline of my life through the expense of drink. Enjoy me! :p

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] /me sings Happy Birthday to Sniper!

yay my lip's nearly healed up :) and my cold/yucku nose is getting better :) yay for life!

8. Eze Gems: 24/31

Lazy Bonzo: I had the same prob sometimes ago. Sucks a lot.
    Tarol'azh: Oh well. Saw it spelled as kapish somewhere. Dunno.

Maybe gonna see TTT again for the 4th time. YAY.

The letters 'E' and 'R' are HOLY.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Happy B-day, Sniper! Now you can legally do all the stuff you have probably been doing already for ages... :p

Eze: Elves, emotionless? Beings that can die of heartache alone? I think not... I still like them :p

Arthas is cool.

(Who, me, a fangirl? Yeps!)

10. Eze Gems: 24/31

Well, they look creepy. Heck, I'd be freaking out if I landed in Rivendell or Lothlorien. They're CREEPY. Maybe I said it a bit wrong. Well, they have emotions, but they don't express them. Unlike humans. :D

Eze knows, that she is spitting bollocks, but she doesn't care

Good night.

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Happy Birthday Sniper! Have a drink on me ;) Well not literally on me , but you know what I mean

12. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] I would love to live in Rivendell, but in spring, not eternal autumn/winter.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm gonna right another story :rolling:

I think I'll right more on 'Banshee Dream' and 'Zephyre - Orphans of Mystery', maybe moreon 'Onyx' and 'Velon' hmm.... 'Druids' Gold' needs more adding to it as well, as does 'Flewinster' and 'Cats Grace and Thistle Snout' but one of my favourites atm 'Gauthanders' Keep'

:thumb: Busy busy... gotta write dictionaries, dialogues, cutscenes and homework too!

14. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Congrats, Sniper. Now you can do all that stuff adults get to do. Not that that's likely to change a lot in your life. ;) :p

15. Shura Gems: 25/31

Happy birthday, Sniper!
    :)

Eze:
    Elves? Nah, don't really like them. I like the idea of an army of humans, orcs and dwarves rampaging through an elven city, smashing their freaky faces with musket rounds and chopping their skinny limbs with cold, hard steel. Steam tanks and catapaults to shatter their pretty buildings and the total bloody annihilation of a race that's always too ' noble, rare, beautiful, etc etc.

Of course, Drizzt USED to be cool, Arilyn Moonblade and Liriel Baenre are cute, but I still think they would look better cold and lifeless with a few hammer and sword wounds.

For a really cool elf story, check out the graphic novel Poison Elves. The main character Lusiphur, is one violent and psychopathic elf with awesome lines.

The day Terry Pratchett's books start sounding logical and sensible to you is the day your grip on sanity has begun to erode.

Great Wizzard!!! :D

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Shura, you play Warcraft 3 much? kicking those hare-eared elves' arses was fun to watch!

/me does not play, as she sucks in any game that needs any grasp of strategy, so she just peanut gallerizes

And Shura... my whole view on the multiverse is based on things Terry Pratchett has written... :p

I need to rwead that Poison Elves thing.

Drizzt is dumb. Arilyn is annoying. Elaith is the coolest!

(who, me, like bad guys? well, :duh: !)

17. Shura Gems: 25/31

Well, Ara, I'm a LV 7 solo in Kalimdor, using mostly Humans. I'm not a very good player, though I do beat my fair share of opponents.

Warcraft 3 is all about practice, reflexes and nerve, so play more, Ara, and you will get better. For any who are confident of their skills, try challenging Arkados Blackmire. He plays Orcs and kicks the ass of almost every opponent he plays against.

Bah...too much time on my hands and too little energy to continue writing. I'm staring at my screen now and the words are trickling forth at a snail's pace...

:(

18. Eze Gems: 24/31

Good, that we share same wiews on elves. Heh. And Shura, you write VERY good. :D Yeah, like you didn't know that before.

Eze goes to reread some of CS' masterpieces

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Elves are cool, mostly. It just depends how you write about them. If you write about them as the two goody two shoes of the universe then they get boring quick. But very few good writers do that.
    Amd as for not expressing emotions, think of Fëanor. He chucked a hissy fit at the gods, was jealous, spiteful, arrogent, completly obsessed, ruthless and quite a few other emotions and attitudes. Though elves been smashed to pieces is a nice alturnative to elves saving the day :evil:

20. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I want Zelda now! Other people have it, but I don't!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.