1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #48

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

@Ofelix: Back in black? Good to see ya. :D

ATI rocks.

@Susipaisti: Corn? Evil. I've got a craving for pineapple chicken and fried rice.

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@DotW -

:lol: ROFL!!!!! So you're going from one mediocre service to another mediocre service? :D

I'm sorry, but I started work with Rogers Cust Svc in May/03 and they were starting to ramp up their GSM network. Since that time, I *never* heard tell of any maintenance or new towers being setup for the TDMA network...two-and-a-half years. Their digital network is going to rot into nonexistence because it's not the shiny, new selling point anymore. Rogers TDMA still exists but the fatheads on the board won't spend any money on maintaining it...

You're going to be escaping from the Lusitania and getting picked up by the Titanic my friend... :(

and...
    Telus booths? Methinks you're not paying attention to the dominant factor here - they're Telus SALESPEOPLE. The company they work for is irrelevant, their job description is the issue: NO carriers' SALES agents want to deal with warranty/customer service problems - they don't earn any commission for fixing someone's pricing plan or replacing a defective phone, and it takes valuable time away from when they could be SELLING a phone to someone (remember what I said about commissions? :heh: )

I'd have rather spent 10 hours speaking with customers than 4 hours speaking with dealers - provided those customers weren't calling about screw-ups a dealer dropped them in, or lies told to them by a dealer. Their sloppy work in activating an account and misleading 'promises' were the bulk of my headaches! :mad:

........... :hahaerr: Um. Okay, remember that I spent 2-1/2 years working as a cellular 'customer service representative'. I've also wrangled with phone manufacturers plenty in that time (remember the Motorola C333g fiasco?) and as such I've ended up committing fair chunks of hardware warranties to memory, whether I wanted to or not. :nolike:

So you're really not gonna like what I have to say - the warranty isn't going to cover anything that could've happened to cause that LCD screen to crack.

Firstly, accidental damage isn't warranted by just about ANY manufacturer of ANYTHING (or that pop tart would be asking for a new car from Mercedes after wrapping hers around a tree!) So if that phone got stepped on, dropped, something struck it, etc. you're outta luck - this is what *insurance* is for (seriously, check homeowner's policy if you've got any)

Secondly, if it seemed to 'magically' crack with no abuse or impact, that phone was the victim of moisture getting inside the casing and behind the display...and it's getting colder this time of year in Canada, and you bro leaves his phone in the car, doesn't he? Water will start to freeze outdoors at night by this point, and H2O(s) takes up more space than H20(l), and expands... :(

And yes, sadly there's really only two expensive components to a modern cell phone: the high-capacity rechargable battery, and the high-resolution, often COLOR lcd display. Even those digital cameras they throw in there are cheap by comparison.

In short, you bro's screwed because the warranty only covers manufacturing defects and unless it was cracked before he took it from the dealer... sorry, man. *shrug*

3. Disciple of The Watch

@apathic: Screwed? Yes, learned that the hard way. And my reasons for switching to Rogers TDMA is that I already have my phone (Panasonic Allure EB-TX310). I have been using it for two years prior to switching for Telus and it has always worked damn fine. I'm a poor student, and I don't have any cash to spare for a new phone. And don't mention contracts... I also own a GSM Nokia 3590, and it's significantly suckier than my Panasonic. Since you seem to know a bit about phones, then tell me something: do Rogers have a timeframe for implementing UMTS (AKA WCDMA) and HSDPA?

If my dumbass brother wants to spit 150$ to get it fixed, his call. I know I wouldn't. If mine would break, then Hello eBay!

4. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'm hurricane watching again. THis one was for a while the most intense Atlantic storm on record, bieng a very strong Cat 5. It's weakened somewhat since then, but yeesh!
    It is expected to hit my state, just not sure where yet.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hope it doesn't go your way.

@Uytuun: I remember watching it with mine. ;) And she had told me about it a couple of times before. She must have liked it a lot. :)

@Ofelix: Congrats.

6. Disciple of The Watch

@Chev: Did you know that you're shoulder-to-shoulder with Beren as favorite moderator? Tal is first, but you're the second favorite, tie with Beren. That's what the people decided.

[ October 21, 2005, 03:07: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Oh, thanks for letting me know. :) Well, I'm not really a moderator like the other guys. Technically, I am, but it's just the news sections. ;)

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    O am muchly tempted to get drunk, but I should clean since Mother is visiting tomorrow. And kicking my ass if I do not clean. Oh joy...

@Chev: You have a fanclub :p

9. SatansBedFellow Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Modest too... :D

10. Disciple of The Watch

@Chev: Humble are we? Just accept the damn title. :D

@Ara: Hmm, speaking of getting drunk... there is still some damn Kokanee left in the fridge. Want one?

11. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

All this talk about corn is reminding me of that joke about the duck in the bar...

@ Chev: Face it - you're a mod. Deal with it. :p

I've made it through funerals without crying... but I was a mess after that ep.

12. Disciple of The Watch

How about a poll?

"Do you think of Chev as a moderator?"

*EDIT* Done. Don't forget to vote, kiddies! :D

Just kidding. But go vote.

*EDIT 2* VOTE DAMMIT!!! :D

[ October 21, 2005, 03:39: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

13. Arabwel

Media:
    He's a pain-in-the-butt-Pope-wannabe, that's what he is! :p

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Being :sick: is evil. Meh I don't think I'm going to school tomorow... I am feeling very :sick: ... Bleh

15. Disciple of The Watch

@Ofelix: You have school tomorrow? How weird.

Since when is there school on fridays? How so very weird.

16. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

[​IMG] So
    Many
    Errands

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Looks like Chev has a fan club. :rolleyes:

We need more action in the SPS forum! :rolling:

18. Arabwel

Media:
    I just dicovered there is a LAN party that I am.. missing due to a) not knowing about it until now and thus being inable to sign up, b) being too dirt poor to pay the €10 it scosts, and c) not having any way of getting my 'puter to the other side of the river. *sigh*

:bang:

life, on occasion, sucks.

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    We at SP should have a massive SP member only, international LAN party at Tal's house! :p

Tal and some of the other uber-rich SP members can pay for the plane tickets for everyone. :shake: :rolleyes:

Seriously though, laptops are the best for LAN parties. They might not be a flashy custom made gamming rig, but they get the job done. Plus, they are ready to go right out of their case. :rolling:

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll bring the popcorn. Can't have a really good party without popcorn.

BTW, it looks at this point as if Chev is on top of the moderater meter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.