1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #46

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Whee! It's homecoming weekend, and the :beer: is flowing.

Now I just need to figure out where my brain is so I can get back to work.

Does anyone know where I might find it?

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I am just back from going up the Empire State Building - it is amazing - Manhatten actually looks nice from up there. It is too bad that from street level it looks, and smells, like a cesspit.

I am a little surprised at how fast the dial-up connection from my hotel room is. I am connecting through my work's 1-800 number and it is actually quite reasonable.

@ Laiwethel - I think I saw it when I was over in Greece - maybe you should head back there and check?

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah! Rejoice everyone! I am back (well maybe in that case do not rejoice :lol: )

My tech problem was really stupid; the fan on my graphical card was unplugued, that's all. Gee it's really stupid.

On a darker side, I've cut my tongue yesterday, don't ask me why but there was a shard of glass in my glass so when I drank it, my mouth begun to bleed. Fortunately I did not swallow the shard.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
  6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Actually, glass cuts aren't painful at all (at least, in my experience). My worst encounter was when a glass window slipped out of the door it was in, and I tried to catch it. :doh: I managed to catch one side of it, but the other side hit the floor and shattered. So now I'm holding ~2/3 of the glass in one piece, with the other third sprinkled on the floor. I slowly set the glass down, and then I started bleeding. I rushed over to the sink and washed it off immediately (blood tends to ruin my fur) and was surprised to see a noticable groove in the side of my finger. I went to the ER and got it wrapped, but I never felt any pain through the whole thing. The worst part of it was having a double-size finger for a week. :heh:

I imagine it'd be worse if it's in your mouth, though. :( You can't really bandage or immobilize your tongue, so healing will probably take a while. At least you can still talk on the boards, though. :D

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I suppose if it's really sharp, it doesn't give as much pain but it does give some hefty bleeding.

Oh, and I'm happy. :) Uni is being particularly evil and downright wrong, but... well, I'm still happy.

8. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

JSSB - Oh, so that's where my brain is. I should have known it didn't return from Greece. If only I could afford the plane ticket to go check.

Ofelix - Ouch, sorry to hear that.

It's definately autumn now, which means winter is just around the corner. :( I am not looking forward to winter, that's for sure.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hey, it's possible to change names? That's slick. Let't put Shadow Scorpion to the fridge, and let my new name be a small tribute to my fav band, the almighty Testament. :love: . Found the old vinyl that I was searching for years. :happy:

Ofelix - not too much damage, I hope?

I remember one time when I was working on a project with a friend and we were using sheet metal, and at the time, I didn't knew that you need to wear gloves to handle sheet metal. So I grabbed a sheet, and carried it to the work table, only to find out that the palm of both hands were deeply cut. It's not that bad when it's only one hand, but imagine two weeks withouth using both hands. Nightmarish.

Another nasty one was when I accidently gutted my thumb with a scapel... I was dissecting something, and I had a hard time, so I pushed harder on the scalpel, which slided right through and gutted my thumb. The skin on my thumb was like a peeled banana... except for all the blood. Had to get it stitched. That was nasty. I never looked at scalpels the same way after that day...

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

@ Ara: I've screwed up Tuna Salad before. Leanred afterwards that Mushrooms in Tuna Salad really aren't that good.

And on the topic of finger injuries, I got a sliver in mine yesterday. I got it out in the field by ripping the little bit of skin off the area over the sliver of wood, now it's been tender ever since. Kind of annoying, really.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Today is injury day for me. I yoinked my achilles tendon getting clothes out of the washer. I never knew tendons could pop like that.

To get away from the injury-ness, I walked 2 miles today. Go me! :)

12. Arabwel

Media:
    My kingdom for a credit card...

@TNO: I feel your pain. Had something similar to the scalpel thing happen.. I have a very nice scar on my thumb that looks ratrher skeery since it was never stitched...

*hugs kuempar* that sucks :( Proves that Laundry is Evil...

13. Disciple of The Watch

@Ara: I feel your pain too... scalpels are evil incarnate. But on a funnier note, the clean stitching earned my left thumb the nickname of Frankenstein. Anyways, I hope your thumb healed nicely. We should start a foundation for people victim of vicious scalpel attacks, don't you think? :D

14. Arabwel

Media:
    Mine was actually a steak knife..... my thumb looks rather ugly.

... why am I wondering the difference between ponytails vs. pigtails?

15. Disciple of The Watch

@Ara: A steak knife? Nasty ...

And if we call the foundation S.O.V.A.V (sharp objects vicious assaults victims) would it work for you? :D

16. Felinoid

We actually had one of those at my high school; they called it the ABF Fund (AP Biology Finger Fund). Everybody in the class donated a dollar and the teacher donated five; whoever got sliced got the money. After the first dissect (a worm), people get a blah attitude towards it, and someone always screws up in the other one (the frog). IIRC, it had only ever happened twice with the worm dissect. I thankfully avoided such a fate when I refused to participate on moral grounds. :hippy:

17. Disciple of The Watch

@Felinoid: Really? Getting paid for slicing a finger? That's an original, but somewhat weird idea. I bet it encouraged a few to "accidently" slice their own fingers. :rolleyes:

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    No actualy tongue tend to heal very fast after 24 hours it was completely healed, so I'm ok now. Yeah I didn't feel any physical pain, but mentaly It's disturbing to see lots of blood coming off your mouth.

19. Disciple of The Watch

I have a ****ed up mix of a Testament and a Stormlord song playing simultaneously in my head... :nuts:

20. Felinoid

Yep, I figure that's how it happened to the two who did it on the worm dissect. I mean, how much pressure does it take to slice through a worm? :shake: But I saw what happened when the girl in our class got sliced, and I'm sure the twenty bucks wasn't worth the pain. :sick:

@Ofelix:
    Yeah, it is kind of disturbing to see so much blood flowing and wonder where the pain is. Usually, when the pain is delayed, it's going to smash your brain into the back of your skull when it hits. Waiting too long for that moment which will never come tends to freak one out. I'm getting the shivers just thinking about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.