1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #46

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

@ Colthrun: Minicoolers, Touche.

@ Ara: The only spanish phrase I know is "Dos cervesas, por favor", and I haven't needed that one before I quit drinking.

@ Hard Blunt Stone of Fury: First, How about Blunt? secondly, coffee is against my religion, but I do enjoy my hot chocolate...

@ kuemper: Happy Birthday. I'll forget by then...

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@HB:
    Yeah, it'd be nice if the library carried Dragonlance and FR, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

@Ara:
    :whoa: It's like looking into an evil mirror... If I ever let my dark side take over completely, I think we'd be twins. :grin:

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

yerg. i hate having to bring my girlfriend home.

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Haven't had Latin for 1½ year :p But feel free to throw your spanish homework overhere, if you want bad grades that is :grin:

:banana: My resource profile is finally done, yay :) , now I don't have to live of frozen meals anymore :banana: :banana:

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I love reading, and I hate coffee.

Sorry Chev :grin:

I've got a huge (read: HUGE) amount of reading to do for Monday. I'd better get started, if I want to get to the end of it...

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @AE, Ziad: You can still repent. :shake:

7. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Last two weeks were very hard, and I was extremely busy (university + job + many other things = almost no sleeping and no time at all).
    But it's better now, and it's time to see what happened here while I was gone. ;)

8. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

ten books a week? That's insanity! I read about a book a month unless I force myself to it in which case I can manage about four books in a week.

It's cold outside. I can allready feel the cold touch of winter slowly approaching. I miss the summer allready. :(

9. Hard Blunt Stone of Fury Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You can't miss summer! Winter is too cool for summer. We all feel the winter coming. In 2-3 months time it'll be winter and we can see the white snow. Snow rox ya know.

How can you read ten books a week!? It's hard enough staying interested in one book!

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Things I miss about Iowa:
    -my daughter :love:
    -cows
    -deer
    -small birds (wrens, sparrows, humming birds)
    -squirrels

Things I like about Newfoundland:
    -hubby :love:
    -moose
    -ducks
    -lack of insects :thumb:
    -slugs :nuts:

And I thought of a language question, too. Why are some 'aught' words pronounced 'aff' (laughter) and others are 'ot' (daughter)? I'm very confused about draught. Is it 'draft' or 'drot' or both? :help:

11. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@blunt -
    Methinks HB and other Southern Hemisphere inhabitants would take issue with this statement... ;)

But all in all, I'd put winter just ahead of summer in my rankings - you can always put on more clothes when it's cold, but when it's hot? :(

@kuemper - well, we have SOME insects, but not nearly as many as I've seen when I was living on the contient...

And I think it's BOTH for 'draught' :p All this illogic around language reminds me of something I'd heard from a FoaF:

"You English have a silly language - first you chop a tree down, then you chop it up!?!" :lol:

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    'morning, SP.... : coffee:

w00t. Overslept. Now the store is closed till Monday. I should live, easily even, but I am certain the cats will be rather annoyed at the lack of gooshyfood..... picky little buggers. KIbbles should do just fine.

packing for the trip.... dskeeery.

@Fel: you wish :p

13. Felinoid

And your air-conditioning breaks... :mad:

@kuemper:
    It's draft. Oddly enough, I think it's the same word; IIRC, "draft" is just the American English bastardization of "draught" because everyone was getting confused about the pronunciation. (I guess it didn't work so well after all. :shake: )

@Ara:
    Just squeeze a juicy steak over the kibble; I guarantee they'll be crying for more. :yum: Mmmm, blood.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    No steak in thge house; I will be living on eggdrop soup myself :p

15. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Quick post. Partly moved, still no home computer, no hurricanes threatening Florida :p

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Man, I think I came as close to breaking my finger as I ever want to. I was getting a snackoid from the fridge and slammed my right index finger into a metal picture frame while I was jocking my snack. Everything it touches feels 'fuzzy' but it doesn't hurt unless I tap the nail on something. Boy, typing sans a finger is quite interesting.

17. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I just realised I have been sitting here with the head set on without it transmitting any sound at all for an hour now.

Distracted you say? :D

18. Felinoid

Oh man, is it nice to have a break; I can play BG, take a shower, or even eat lunch! Then again, maybe I should just take a catnap... :sleep:

@Uytuun:
    I wouldn't say distracted; delirious maybe. ;)

19. Arabwel

Media:
    i just learned that it is, in fact, possible rto **** up tuna salad *headdesk*

Cabbage is evil.

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Phew! parties for 4 year olds should be avoided at all costs! :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.