1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #46

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Kinky, our dear Uytuun? Naah. She just has that cute sadistic streak. :shake: :evil:

And I remember my own student baptism equivalent. I hated what happened during it because they picked first year girls at random and told them to kiss some guys the host found in a local SCA style group, as a matter of a contest. Their role was to kiss the guys, complete strangers they saw for the first time in their lives, in such a way as to get more cheers from the public than the other girls did. You would be surprised what lawyers can do just to win. Mouth was not where it stopped. One guy got kissed on his assplate and another on the codpiece IIRC. Next, they picked two girls for a pipe dance (around the pipe, like in a strip joint) and they did. At least they didn't strip. I almost walked over to the dean to tell him a couple of words (he was present) and demand to stop the pitiable spectacle, but what difference would it have made? Not like he was responsible for the party, he was more in a guest role there, but still a figure of authority. He probably thought the same what I did and the girls picked were adults, anyway.

As for those students, that kind of people is going to be judges of its fellow citizens, not only interpreters of codified law but also official oracles of what's good and right (ius est ars boni et aequi -- law is the art of good and right :rolleyes: ). Or public prosecutors, pointing out questionable behaviour and demanding punishment for it.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

<looks around RBP> :aaa: What are you people doing? It's been over 3 hours since the last post here! <hurriedly thinks of something entertaining, witty and interesting to post>

:idea:

Hubby and I shared a KitKat bar tonight. He sucked off the chocolate and I finished off the slobbery wafers. :yum: True love at its finest.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Had the pleasure to taste a cranberry-flavoured beer. Yummy. :beer:

Also, went to one of these "student-for-a-day" and geez, seeing 3,000 people in one day drives me nuts. :D

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    My belly is empty. I need to fill it.

Cooking is evil, but eating is heavenly. Therefore, to get to heaven, you must first go though hell...and since my ex-g/f told me I'm going to go to hell...I must be on the right path to heaven! :evil:

Twisting logic to suit me is fun! :thumb: :rolling:

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Kuemper, have you ever considered just snapping the kitkat bar in half?

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

But what if she likes the slobbery wafers but cares little for the chocolate? Some details we really don't need to know...

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I finally achieved my goal with the BG1 Archer party! :banana: I managed to stagger the shots just right so that the boss (in this case, Tazok) was getting constantly hit with arrows, bolts, and darts. He only survived about ten seconds, but he couldn't move an inch the entire time. :evil:

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Maybe she just likes the intimacy of eating slobbery wafers that have been slobbered on by her own true love.

But I call that real self sacrifice when she lets him have all the chocolate.

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    @chev *pat on the back* Where is this world going to, eh? ;)

The letters faculty has some pride. Yes they will have to go all over the campus on hands and knees, yes we will slap some expired yoghurt/eggs/other harmless products on their heads and yes we will wax some hairy men's legs (if that's all the pain you're going to have to endure in your life, count yourself lucky ;) ) and we might be just a tad intimidating. :D But they are not supposed to eat or drink anything (no alcohol), we make sure nothing dangerous happens (there are some gross stories of other unis where people's faces got burnt and all) and there are showers and hot chocolate/Glühwein afterwards. It's pretty strict, really.

And what you mentioned about lawyers is the case for some other professions as well. When I see what the third year med school students do there, well...I wouldn't want to be a patient of theirs when they graduate and start a practice.

And over here KitKat is called Leo. How's that for random? :shake:

[ October 08, 2005, 11:02: Message edited by: Uytuun ]

10. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Yeah, the medics are pretty odd. :nuts: Our lot weren't too bad, but a guy I know who went to Guy's (there's a coincidence!) came back with some stories involving the unholy use of trout on a night out that disturb me to this very day... :eek:

@Fel: :lol: Good work! :thumb: It's always good if you can get that going on someone in full plate; the mixture of metallic "kunk" noises with the "Augh!" of pain is most satisfying! :evil:

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    ... I hate flashbacks. *shudder*

dark vchocolate and diet soda is a perfectly balanced breakfast... right?

and damn, must ask Sisrter to bring me more of this stuff. It's soooo goood....

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Uytuun: If you have wine, you can throw yoghurt on me all you want. :p :shake:

I've seen some x-rays from a medical student erm... "party". :rolleyes: To their credit, though, they tend to be competent drinkers. ;) My mother's uncle was a doctor. Grannie says those guys would go to the prosectorium (the morgue-like place where medical students cut cadavers) with sandwiches, just wash hands after the cutting and eat... :mommy:

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I prefer peanut butter to chocolate (it was that new pb KitKat). Breaking it in 2 pieces is more of a friend thing than loveable.

I love waking up to the soothing sounds of the washing machine. :rolleyes:

14. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

It's the 'Jack Sprat' syndrome, I'm guessing. That they go through all that effort to share is sweet.

I love my wife's sense of humour:

Last night we borrowed my parents' minivan and was directed to top the gas up on the way back, even if it was just a couple of litres - gas prices were going up at midnight.

After driving all around and shopping for something like two hours, I KNEW the fuel guage was between 3/4 and 7/8 when we started, but on the way home, it was up on F?!?

I mentioned this to my better half, and she replied:

:lol:

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Leftover for breakfast is your friend people!

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    ... sometimes I hate my brain. :bang:

17. Ofelix

Media:
    Wha...? Okay... Ever thought of changing brain?

18. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ah, Ofelix. None bable quite like you :p

I could borrow you mine, but I guess you wouldn't be better off, since my short-time memory is screwed.

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Awww! I thank thee! If only I hath the same skills in english that I have in french! It'll boost my random babble even higher! Seriously I've scared people because I spoke only with my random babbling side of my brain.

Did you knew that in D&D having 18 str. Mean that you have thrice the str of an average owl?

Here's a random japanese proverb

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

HEY, the Ofelix, I can't send you any damn PM! Clean that up!!

You can SEND them, but I CAN'T send you any! says that your PM box is full!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.