1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #45

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Nah, I couldn't sleep that long. I'd miss the hockey game. Leafs won again BTW.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@The Magpie - Why? Does it reboot when you shake it - you do know it's an Etch-A-Sketch? :hmm: :grin:

@Jag - I see that picture and one word comes to mind: Cormyr!

I can't believe some of you are still wasting time in school. Two degrees were enough for me.

And, as I toddle off to bed for well-deserved nappage, I say - Snickdoodliscious!

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm thinking of a return to school, but I'm not sure about where the financing will come from...

4. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, I'm back at work, and my stomach is churning acid again. *sigh*

C'mon, job hunting! :)

@chev - I'm with Mags; the only altruism more pervasive than we English being poor chefs^1 is that academia is frequently trancendental to the rest of civilisation, and academic bureaucracy doubly so. Avoid it as much as possible, always have your wits about you when you ARE required to involve yourself with it, and for OUR sake if no one else's - ALWAYS make sure someone knows your whereabouts! ;)

@mag - that's a dodgy laptop IMO; I'd play 'etch-a-sketch' all the time with mine and I sold it for a decent resale value when it just simply became obsolete. And I've been away from jolly ol' Blighty too long to tell you store names, but you'd probably find a 'mini vaccuum' in an electronic/computer store, or maybe a large department store with an electronics dept (marks&sparks perhaps?)

@jag - ah, methinks kuemper means she can hear "my prices are the best this side of Cormyr" when she looks at your 'jolly brawler' (with a holy symbol, mind you) avatar...and now, so do I. :(

@ofelix - sounds good in theory, but dreams aren't always nice or happy (take a look at Neil Gaiman's Sandman... :cool: ) I'd hate to have to spend eternity being the 'wheel man' for some skyjackers, no matter HOW good the pork chops are! :lol:

footnote: 1. no I'm not going to a) relinquish my passport, nor b) apologise for uttering a TRUTH: c'mon - BREAD PUDDING? Spotted Dick? wheeeeeee :p We conquered half the planet in search of SPICES, for heaven's sake! :D Jamie et al is the exception that proves the rule; our cuisine bites the big one *shrug* don't deny it - the sooner you admit your failings, the sooner you can begin to resolve them...

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

just what the f*** does radcliffy mean?

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Well, unless something really goes wrong, I'm moving next week. This has me really nervous since I'm still unemployed, but the stress I am current;y living in is doing me no good. Aargh...

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    *dragonfly hands Stefanina a blue balloon filled with fine sand that has a cartoon face painted on it*

Might help a little with the stress. You could also try finding a really funny website to alleviate your stress. Actually I think I'll start a thread where people can suggest some good websites for a laugh.

8. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Uni bureaucracy blows. It's been proven by generations of confused students. The only thing worse than that at uni is student politics; either you have idealists who are unable to comprehend the bigger picture, or a bunch of self-serving knobs. The rare exceptions are typically aiming to promote greater availability of beer on campus; they understand the true importance and role of student organisations.

Magpie, there's a crapload of academics over here you should meet. I guess they're the exception that proves the rule.

Hell, my university department was practically fuelled by beer. Might be more of an Aussie thing, though. You couldn't run a pre-exam tutorial without ending up in a pub somewhere nearby at the end of the hour.

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ara, is right :thumb: chocolate is good for you.

The bad news is that it isn't just any chocolate. I have not been able as yet to track down the best one. It should be dark chocolate and so far I have found no mention of any USA chocolate only European ones with Belgium appearing to lead the pack.

Of course these flavonoids can also be found in other foods.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hehe, my department is fuelled by hard spirits. There are profs who are never seen sober, one actually passed out while giving a lecture to about 300 students in the most illustrious hall of the university. :D

11. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

On the first day of the course, our Philosophy teacher in secondary school offered to give an "A" to anyone who could bring him a beer.
    :beer:

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Heh... I had an Aussie tutor in 3rd year, and we did indeed pay a visit to one of the local hostelries for our last scheduled tutorial session. All the ones brought up in English universities seem to have some strange ideas about doing work in tutorials... :rolleyes: ;)

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    And thus Ofelix did post a thousand and five hundred post. And there was much rejoicing

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

/me rejoycing

Opals are nicer and shinier than the other gems. :love: I am biased, though.

15. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    The sun is shining.

The kitties are playing.

It's true. :)

16. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Had a really crazy night out last night with some mates celebrating a guy moving over to Canada to work at Bioware, lucky bugger! Oh well, got a man on the inside now!

*evil snigger*

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The cats and i are having a disagreement. I have nothuing against being a pillow, but I draw the line at "chew toy".

Where's the :coffee: ?

@Nakia: :thumb: Good research!

18. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

niiiice, 15:39 and my hangovers finally kicked in! :(

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Some law exam prep just won't happen without alcohol. It's too damn boring and depressing to face when sober.

And what a beautiful day. Seven hours of errands to get some medical stuff done wasn't really a joy, but now is a different matter when I'm seated in my comfy armchair and the coffee machine is smiling at me (telepathically).

Kittens rule. :)

20. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

I just found out my mate at work has given away the last of his kittens, I personally just think theyre all a waste of milk but I did drop to my knees going "awww aint they cute!" for about an hour when I saw them, you'd have to have no heart to give all 7 of them away, you could at least keep one of em right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.