1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #43

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Smoking and :coffee: are the two major issues in my life, maybe :beer: too but at least I can function even if I am a bit hungover. Getting 5 hours sleep in two nights doesnt do anygood for brain functions, Im loosing the battle of consiousness... blah!

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Kelvon and SoB - You two are too young to be smoking those nasty things! :nono: Give 'em to me and I'll see that they're disposed of properly. :holy:

@chev - Except for the cheating comments, yes.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    As it is, I need to learn Spanish, like woah.

4. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

@Ara: Good, when we take over the world you will be spared.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @kuemper: What about cheating?

@Colthrun: Sometimes.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@chev - My irl example is of me and a fella who were good friends, became lovers, discovered the both of us were complete twits in the bf/gf relationship and now we are not friends. We couldn't handle being together without having the lover-ship rear its head. Oh yes, and couple that with the fact that our 'friends' :rolleyes: kept throwing us together as a couple.

Which is why I'm trying to convince the electric, internet and cable companies it's dandy to have these things hooked up inside a recessed cave. ;)

7. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Time for more :coffee: .

And chocolate. I need to buy more chocolate.

Today is just a blah day.

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I need to find a new job. The boss got mad at me today for something that wasn't done wrong that I didn't do.

Sheesh.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's called 'target of opportunity.' Just as popular as 'shoot the messenger.'

Been there. Good luck.

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Finally could order the PC and did it cost: 900 € out of my budget of 1460 €. Sure hope this is worth it and that my old comp is worth at least 100 € when I bring it to the shop...

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    *Grumble* I was too lazy to get out of bed at 1:30pm to take my g/f to work...so now I'm stuck at home with no car, and I'm out of candy. :bang:

I need some freaking sugar! :spin: :roll: :rolling:

12. chevalier

Media:
    @kuemper: Indeed, that's quite difficult to handle. I think I always have a soft spot for former crushes but usually the tension from all the hurts kills all the sexual tension. When katharsis finally comes, it sweeps everything away, so even if there is some more affection and considerably more PDA than with a normal friend and some more willingness to go out of my way to help, there's no biological drive in it. There's void.

13. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@8ppl - yeah, I was drooling over you telling us of your new PC (btw, you owe me one saliva-shorted-out keyboard ;) )

@chev - I think kuemper said it quite well, but people don't just forget what's happened in the past. It is - at best - difficult to 'go back' to being 'just friends' - awkward; other people may not know of the changes and say embarrasing things, etc. If you pull it off, GREAT, but I've seen whole circles of friends disintegrate over a bad breakup ('she got custody of the friends' :rolleyes: )

That said, I do agree with on the 'friend becomes lover' premise - I got married through that process; the truly is my best, closest friend. :love:

14. chevalier

Media:
    Depends what people have done in a relationship, I guess. As a rule, abuse of trust or hostile action counts towards the limit in friendship, too, not just in romance, and I'm hardly interested in friendship after any form of betrayal short of perhaps something that stemmed from fickleness of infirmity. At any rate, there's no going back in life. You can only ever go forward, move on. I had a rule never to go back (i.e. cut off, come it) until I discovered I still cared for a friend even if nothing came out of the romantic thing. No kind of friendship has ever remained after a toxic relationship for me, though. More like no contact whatsoever.

Congrats! That's how I would like things to happen in my case. Give me a best friend over a new crush any time.

[ September 01, 2005, 23:41: Message edited by: chevalier ]

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm... I married my best friend and divorced the most vile person on earth. Funny how it works out that way.

Damn, I just realized, I married my best friend again (different best friend at least).

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Ah freedom, I am "working" from home tomorrow and then on Saturday I am off to Greece and then Egypt for three weeks. :thumb:

17. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

JSBB, I am so jealous. Greece is an incredible country, and I want to go back desperately. As for Egypt, I want to go!

Think you can pack me into your bag? I can fold into a suitcase. Please? :bigeyes:

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can have more than two games installed at the same time :love:

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Look out! 8people is drunk with POWAH!

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah, was supposed to post a link, but now i can't find it, my bad :doh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.