1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #42

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

*snicker* Classic!

*bumps into a wall*

Okay, where's that :coffee: ?

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Here you go. I've just made some. :coffee:

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Some for me too, please, I've had a tough day doing nothing at work. :coffee2:
    I hate the summer.

4. chevalier

Media:
    In your hands, Colthrun. :coffee:

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Did you not return to Spain for part of the summer Colthrun?

6. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

@chev: my thanks to thee, sir knight.
    /me bows

@Cúchulainn
    I went over for a week in June, but now I don't have any more holidays left until December... I wouldn't like to be there at the moment anyway. They have this massive jellyfish invasion in the southern coastline, from where I am originally.

Check this monster out (and the jellyfish is also ugly :D ):
    http://servicios.ideal.es/costa/pg050823/prensa/fotos/200508/23/004D2COS-COS-P1_1.jpg

[ August 24, 2005, 19:02: Message edited by: Colthrun ]

7. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Thanks, chev. :coffee: is a wonderful thing.

Now I'm ready to get stuff done.

Maybe.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    :coffee: is gooodness....

*snicker*

Who needs alarm clocks when one has cats?

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

wow. i had no idea it was possible to study this long and STILL not understand ****. guess i'm going for another failure on my econometrics final tomorrow. thank god I'm already sure to pass the subject or I'd be really freaked right now.

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Ohhhhhh, three beers in five seconds when you're already tired is not a good idea. :sick: Ziggy-zoggy my a$$. Consider this a formal apology for my drunken post last night. It contains approximately a half-dozen in-jokes that I probably was LMAO about at the time. ( :hmm: I think I explained the brick one in the Animaniacs quiz thread.)

There are actually three levels to the banana one: one of which I have been sworn to secrecy about, another is fairly boring, and the last one is actually kind of funny. One time (a couple of years ago) I was looking for a midnight snack, and thought of having a banana. But it wasn't where I usually put my bananas, so of course I mumble to myself, "Where's my banana?" Intending to search the entire kitchen, I go to turn on the light and step on the banana.

While the common misconception about banana peels is not really true, banana peel + edible part = very slippery mess. My now treacherous footing leads me directly into the wall ( :bang: ), and when I'm laying on the floor, the only thing I can think of to say to this ridiculous situation is, "Oh, here it is." :shake:

11. Arabwel

Media:
    : :banana:

So we now know it's a victory dance, eh? :D

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Ladies and gentlemen of SP... sup?

13. chevalier

Media:
    The "disturbance in the Force" continues. Strange things happen like getting up at 6:47 after going to bed after 1 am. Had to iron a shirt and trousers for a friend who suddenly a date because he had no idea how to take on it. Bathed the cat (I have new cuts). How about you? Perhaps you'd like to come to #sorcerers if you wish to discuss current daily matters.

14. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Rum + strawberries = :yum:

Today has been a very silly day.

15. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Sooo tired... :sleep:

I need a purpose. Something I can be put to use doing. Preferably something where I'd feel like I was helping somehow, in a more obvious way than being a Dilbert-esque office monkey. Any suggestions - other than the priesthood - welcomed, either here or by PM.

:sleep: or :coffee: ? - that is the question...

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

All I can think of are funny responses, Magpie. You could try being a Wally-esque coffee hog and walk around 'on my way to fill my cup'. :coffee2:

Whether tis nobler to suffer the :bang: of :nuts: or just get :beer:

17. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@magpie: Well, don't go into 'customer serivce' - the only 'servicing' you'll do to customers will involve vaseline (if they're lucky). :bang:

I hate, abhor, abominate, despise, detest, execrate and loathe my job.

My last 'old buddy' has gotten promoted away from the production floor, so now I'm alone is a sea of strangers.

I have been getting physically ill an excessive amount (stress surpressing immune system? stress just causing psychosomatic illness?) and have already used up my annual allotment of sick days that rolled over in MAY, my doctor is on vacation until next week so I'll even have to wait before I can check about a medical leave of absence.

My unpaid sick days mean I have about $45 to my name. PERIOD; no savings, nothing. This friday I get a whopping $73 to add to it.

I'm sick, I hate my job, it's raining, I'm broke, my car need $500 worth of brake repairs before I'd trust it to drive, and I really don't know if I can drag myself into that place again tomorrow. :help:

I did have a job interview early this morning before my shift, but now my post-work depressive state realizes the interviewer didn't say I had the job, didn't say he'd call me back, but did seem fairly positive. I hate not knowing.

Someone kill me by accident so then my wife can avail of my current employer's AD/D policy (accidental death or dismemberment - it does NOT have to be work-related)
    Oh, and I suppose I should give you a Carlinism[tm]...lesse:

When a plane crashes, and a lot of people die, I always wonder what happens to their frequent flier miles.

:heh: That should keep me busy until bedtime. But wish me luck tomorrow...

18. Arabwel

Media:
    Chocolate... my kingdom for chocolate...

Alas, :coffee: must suffice.

19. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

/me 'accidently' hits apathic with a car

I feel your pain dude. I used to work in a similar job, and I couldn't get out of there quick enough.

20. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

/me tries to fit chocolate down internet cable, and fails miserably; only a sticky brown mess remains

Curses! I always wanted a kingdom to exploit ... err, rule as a benevolent beloved man of the people [frantically hides copy of The Prince under throne]

What? ;) :p

@kuemper: yeah, the odd-job finder wasn't much help either. Just try entering "tea-bagger vacancies" into Google.

Actually, don't. Really, really don't. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.