1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #41

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ le/la/mon/ma petit(e) mort(e) - Doesn't it depend on gender; either of the speaker (I would say la petite morte and my husband would say le petit mort) or the death you are referring to? What little French I know does tell me the article and adjective must match the noun. Oui?

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Yes, but I'm pretty sure 'mort' is a masculine noun.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

*sigh* this is why I dropped French... :rolleyes:

4. Felinoid

So did I, but I waited until French 5. It turns into just another English class, except with another language. (Reading books, writing essays, etc. :p ) I had enough of that crap in English class. :rolleyes:

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    If you use it in the meaning of death it's la petite mort. If you use it in the meaning of dead one it's la petite mort or le petit mort according to the gender of the person you're referring to. In the case of your set expression it's male: le petit mort. :)

Enough French friend hats. It's not good for you.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ahhhh.... good old Pirates :D

7. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

All that french is giving me a headache.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Uytuun: If petit/e is adjusted to the gender, shouldn't mort be? I'm assuming that mort is past participle here, if it refers to the person and depends on the person's gender. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to me.

And death is le mort. The Old French spelling is morte, but it's still masculine.

Little death. :rolleyes: Or dead, if participle, of course. :p

@Ziad: Yeah, in a letter from a text book or something similar my acquaintance had in school some eight years ago. Don't remember the original phrase... something about giving someone your petit bonjour. I remember using a lot of French phrases in my own letters but never has such an idiocy as a "petit bonjour" crossed my mind. On second thought, it might even have been in plural in that text.

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I like french fries.

10. Arabwel

Media:
    now I crave french fries :(

11. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Let the piratey fun begin!

In other news, it's cold and wet here.

12. Felinoid

I just took a look at that New Quote Game thread in the SoA forum, and it's hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Every night the same thing - I can't sleep. :bang:

14. Arabwel

Media:
    awww.... *hugs JK*

pirating = fun.... I missed it :D

15. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Don't tell me about french fries, Ive been hungy all w/e and homeless cause I lost my keys and now all I want is chips.... hmmm lovely chips.... with vinegar and mayo and...

...uuuugghhhhh

n e way cant think of food, need to catch up on 7 hours of lost sleep, might sound like a very short amount but Ive been goin all out and im not all with it, I couldnt even remember this girls name... still cant... LOL, damn...

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Does she even care about yours? :p :D

17. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

well I was battered, totally off my mameries and she was pilled up, some mate of a mate, very nice nose ring and tongue pirecing... nice dancer too... as far as I recall we didnt even exchange names and thats prpobably why, we just totally didnt vare, fun night... just wish I had my darn keys with me...

18. Arabwel

Media:
    More random than most of this. Congrats, SoB :D

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

just had the most disturbing dream i've had in a while. i was for some reason going to jail and since i knew there was no way i was going to survive there I kept trying to kill myself but I just wouldn't die (kept getting hurt though!). I woke up when I threw myself under the wheels of a bus as the cops were about to surround me. geez.

20. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Enagonias: I suggest that you obey the law then...

SoB: If you never exchanged names, then you have an excuse to ask your firend (you did say she was a friend of a friend) about her...

Onion soup gives me serious gas. At least I was outside for several hours today. Got nasty sunburn on my neck and arms though, and I still itch from the straw I was piling...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.