1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #40

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well... in a roundabout way, yes. What's wrong with trying to make it sound a little more interesting? It's the RBP after all :p

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well well Congratulation Arifirh! Nice avatar too,

Ofelix looks at his little gems--- sigh, I want an avatar too! :( :(

What does that latin mean anyway?

3. Arifirh Gems: 10/31

Thanks Ofelix :)

The Latin means "Last light calls the defeated" - it's a line from the Aeneid book II after the sacking of Troy.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yeah, congrats too. Just a question though: we can DO that? Change names if we get avatars? :eek:

sorry if it sounds like the country mouse in the city, but I wasn't aware of that :)

just a question, does Arifirh mean anything? or did you just change it because it sounds snazzier? ;) and is easier to type :D

5. Ofelix

Media:
    You can change name even if you don't have an avatar. I used to be called Dungeon Master, but I was sick being always called DM so I change to Ofelix... But now on FAI people call me Flix... sigh...

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Screwdriver + ligher + marshmallows = :yum:

7. Arifirh Gems: 10/31

Enagonios, there's an option to change your Public Display Name in your profile, as also demonstrated recently by Cesard --> CĂșchulainn :)

I changed mine to be the same as my chatroom nick, which also happens to be my usual charname. Makes things much easier - also helps that it actually is snazzier and easier to type :D

*Goes back to teaching himself violin. Almost resists calling it a fiddle.*

8. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Damn it RQ? I don't know you any more :p

9. Arifirh Gems: 10/31

Oh, it's still me...

/me does some Monty Python.

Unbeknownst to many, hidden carefully at the back of the list of secret weaponry of the Spanish Inquisition somewhere between 'fear' and 'nice red uniforms', is stealth. It involves the hiding of gems, the changing of names, and confuddlement of all who look upon me!

That reminds me, I could do with a cup of tea.

You will not expect my return. No-one ever does!

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Well I wish I could get myself a Monty Python film, However that local store say they don't have it. Some people even said he didn't what that film was.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    No one expects thre Random Babbling.

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I'm NEVER gonna change my PDN. It took me five long seconds to come up with Felinoid, and it fits perfectly. I might change my title or location, but not my name. And the only avatar I like better than the one I've got now is Bard's 'rakshasa'.

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I'm sticking to "The Magpie", too. Although I have been tempted to drop the "The" a couple of times, to avoid confusing others. The "The" isn't all-important, it's there because the name is more of a title bestowed upon me by my mates, on behalf of my ammunition hoarding habits during co-op games of Halo. I was also going to have "Ooh! Shiny Ones!" as my comment originally, but hadn't counted on the Dak'kon avatar being free. As it is, that quotation suits me perfectly.

Also, has anyone else noticed that a lot of people seem to go for avatars in the 200s? I reckon that the Toblerone-wrapper-esque ugliness of the Tchazar gem must be a big factor in keeping the SP servers running... :shake:

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Wow, that's a shocker. :lol:

BTW, I am 94% pure, pure as driven snow, whatever that means.

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Chevalier: No one is surprised! :lol:

Anyway I also got 94%. I mean 90%+ of the thing seem just too nasty do be doable.

Edit: Top o' the page!

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Yeah, I took that test and got puritan, but I have a past that's as pure as the driven slush--or at least I tried to make is so, but didn't have that much luck...

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm "Uncorrupted" at 82% pure :eek:

hurry! someone take it and score lower than me! this test deserves it's own thread Chev ;)

19. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Actually there was one about a month ago. then there sprang up a bunch of similar threads (I remember starting a couple of them)...

20. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    The workday is far too long...

I will so NOT post my last purity test score... I don't want to scare anyone off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.