1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Where is Oria? Don't know, don't care.
    IaaA? No thank you, I've had enough.

I will say that I hope IaaA? gets the chip off his shoulder and stops picking fights for the sake of argument before he gets out of Berkeley and into the real world, or he won't be asking "Do you want fries with that?" in the same place two weeks in a row.

2. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] Can't understand why anyone would have a question as a name myself. I've never heard of anyone in real life with one. Strange.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I think we must, er, stop bagging out people we have already taken vengence on. SP isn't exactly regarded as the most friendly site on the net...

Ah screw it, lets flame out way to victory!

4. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

But SP is good. When you are a regular. Not a n00b.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] IaaA? hasn't been banned. As I said in my post, he has a week to improve before that plaque is removed.

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] SP should be enjoyable no matter how long you've been on here Eze. As for this n00b word, it really annoys me, especially when some idiot online thinks they're beating and shouting n00b at you. Then when they realise they're getting their ass kicked they change their tune to you cheater. Go figure :rolleyes:

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, that's perfectly understandable. I mean if you're a n00b, and you're actually winning, you MUST be a cheater! ;)

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Oh yeah I forgot the way the '1337' think ;)
    What the hell does leet mean anyway? Just some weird way of saying elite? 'Cos they sure as hell aren't in the games I play online :grin:

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Aikanaro: I remember a far less friendly forum after which I feel like in paradise here at Sorcerer's Place and view people here as angels. A paladin's life is never an easy one. Unless here ;)

10. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Oh, joy. School is in again after a 2-week Christmas holiday. That's why I haven't been here (on this site) for a while, because I have limited, limited access to the 'Net. Oh, well; I'm back!

p.s. If I don't fall asleep in my Keyboarding class, it'll be a miracle. *angelic singing in background* Oh, shut it! You're not supposed to sing till AFTER I make it through the class without sleeping!! *walks away mumbling about time wasters*

End Transmission.

11. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Damn Hell Ass, its the prom in a few weeks. :( Apparently I have "options" but no one will tell me WHO, godammit. :mad: It is cold, and my face is melting. Women are cool, wish I hadn't given them up...

...just kidding!

12. Eze Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] You go to the prom? I'll never go. They just dance and lose their virginity. I don't wanna dance and I'd like to be a virgin after my stjupid school. Oh well. I haven't any social life. Must go to sleep. Must read a stupid book for tomorrow. Waah. Sean Bean rules and is still the hottest male in the world.

Eze goes all googly-eyes AGAIN

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

Vermillion, as my understanding goes about the whole l33t or l337 thing goes it started some years ago in online games. IIRC (i think it was in a post by Extremist that i learnt most of this stuff) it was simply to be a quicker way to type words, when all orders were broadcast to both sides so you had to type in code. It worked with stuff like 4 = A and i believe 8 = B, i don't know any others. People sometimes, wrongly (in my opinion) claim that u, 2, etc is l33t. It isn't it is more directly a mix of l33t and txt talk. The mix can be read by anyone l33t is harder to read since you have to think of numbers and stuff sideways, as well as each number represents a number of letters.

This is my understanding of it.

14. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] But where did the term l33t come from and why is it called that. And just as well there's such nice things a voice communication now ;) I would spend most of the game winding up players who did that kind off thing for sport :lol:
    Anyone here still play CS online? Thats a good place for winding up the so called 1337 ;)

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    IIRC - the elites, was a title for REAL hackers and crackers (which are getting pretty rare nowadays, since most computercriminal are Scriptkiddies who are compensating for something) they called themselves elite and the rest is from Lazy Bonzo, Elite became Leet, L33t and 1337, almost any person who uses this title ain´t even worth it

You know it´s part of "hackerlanguage" :rolleyes: because most of them are to dumb to spell correctly (scriptkiddies from direct environment come to mind :D )

16. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

L33t/7 as you said above is leet = elite. Those who used the code considered they were elite to those who didn't used l33t/7. This (again) is just my understanding of it.

[edit] Yep morgoth that's what i meant to say lol.

I recall something that my IT teacher once told us.

Who is in the best position to kill you? your doctor. All the 'good' stuff people to do means they can do the 'bad' stuff as well. For example

Doctor=Murderer
    Programmer=Hacker
    Anti-Virus Programming=A very very good virus creator
    etc.

Well nite all

[ January 07, 2003, 22:50: Message edited by: Lazy Bonzo ]

17. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hacker a term that has been misused since about, 1990 (when the first computer related arrests where made).

Hacker was first coined as a term that apllied to people with extremly good programming skills and had used these skills in a way to benifit society. To be given the title of hacker was a major event and not given out lightly.

Cracker is the proper term for people that break into computers.

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

That's right.

Hackers do not break into computers. At worst, they break into them, but don't do any harm. Some companies even hire hackers for their programming skills.

Crackers break into computers and do damage. They are not very nice people.

I was taught the opposite by my teachers. :rolleyes:

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  20. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Eze: Lend me your staff. I have to go even deeper into the Abyss and cause my pit fiend of a sister and dim-wit brother SEVERE bodily pain.

Tal: is this in the spam category? All of you other people can look at this as well. :D :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.