1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ejsmith:I don't have any stories up yet. *idiot me*

Rallymama:The appealing thing is that it's fun. If I were your daughter, I would never tell you, BTW. My own mom doesn't even know. :D I try to keep most of my posts slash-free from now.

This is the last one. I LOVE SLASH. :D

And WHAT other pursuits? Ballet? Knitting? Sports? Dream on.

[ January 15, 2003, 16:33: Message edited by: Eze, the Slasher ]

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Slash, as in Slash from Guns n Roses?? I obviously missed where you first brought this up!!

3. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31

You missed it? I'm not even going to ask how that happened....
    I've become addicted to French Onion dip. It's bad for my figure, and my breath. So I have to eat it at night when I'm not going to see anyone, and exercize twice as much the next day. I dare not say the word craving, because then people start asking me stupid questions..

4. X Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I am 18 i like blood and weapons... i am a martial artist (trained for 15 of those years) and hmm i am good AND evil... chocolate reindeer... /drool ~passes out~

[ January 16, 2003, 22:15: Message edited by: X ]

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] er... you trained since you were 3?

I am just here to feel sorry for myself. I am bad at everything, everyone is better at me at everything, nothing works for me, I miss BG2, People think I'm really annoying, people hate me for reasons I don't understand, I think my dads tried to contact me but was stopped by someone and that one of my friends dad is dying of cancer in several places.

See you, tomorrow.

6. X Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

cha 8people my father was a boxer and much more and he wanted me to learn tai chi back then hehe i did that til 5 then i wanted to go into other areas... :)

[ January 16, 2003, 22:15: Message edited by: X ]

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Rallymama, that was very good.

It was good because it was just subtle enough to go over well, but not so much that it was not completely obvious to the intended target.

Thanks. :)

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] You can tell she's to do that before ;) :lol:

Why did I have to post about that weird thing that happened when I was kid at 2:30 in the morning? :mommy: :help:

9. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    There are times when I wonder why I put myself through this. I'm starting a new sewing project. A remake, actually. The design is simple, a T-tunic, nothing hard there. There's just one catch. It's fur lined. That make it about 1000 times more difficult. Ugh. I think I need an aspirin, or a sledgehammer...

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Aaah, the simple things in life :xx: like a fried egg (salt, pepper, muscat - quickly fried two sided so that white is solid and crunchy but the yolk still liquid) with a thin slice of fried bacon on toast with butter .... :roll: :spin:

11. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

I probably missed it coz i never normally come into random babblings coz my brain cant keep up. :bang: :doh: It's a miracle i'm still here now!

Don't i even get any clue, or is it so obvious that it could be staring me in the face and i wouldnt realise?

12. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] I today realized how little work I do at school. It's barely anything at all! We are mostly doing coursework in lessons, 'cos its nearly time for our exams. However, I do the majority of this at home, so I spend most of the time at school sitting there being bored and complaining!

What fun.

:bigeyes:

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    GAAAAAAAAAAH! I have four projects, three of them due tommorow, and one started! I'm so very, very screwed!

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I do **** at school, nothing, nihil, null..

We just sit around the comp, surf alittle bit, discuss news, religion, the idiots who are running for dutch parliament... and typing documents with the average speed of an word per 15 minutes

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Religion is my favourite subject, did I say Religion? I meant bludge

16. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

testing the following code

:doh: :sick: :good: :holy: :bang:

[ January 17, 2003, 03:15: Message edited by: teekc ]

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Recently someone claimed that he/ she was able to read the LOTR books in 9 hours. Estimated the total LOTR has approx 1500 pages, so that would mean reading ~3 pages in 3 minutes, continuous speed for 9 hours. I can't help, but that seems a little exaggerated to me ...

My fastest time through was in 3 days, and I didn't spend much time doing anything else .... :rolleyes:

18. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I read those 1500 pages in about 36 hours and needless to say I just stopped reading for vital functions. 9 hours seemed a little impossible to me. However I once heard that Woody Allen read "War and Peace" in 2 hours. That book is over 1000 pages too, IIRC.

19. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

It is rather easy to read books in that speed.
    I just guess he/she did not count pauses.

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I guess you could read them at that speed (or at least scan), just not reflect upon anything at all before the end. I read a good saying regarding this yesterday.

I don't know why some people seem to think that claiming they've read something in X hours (whether it's true or not), will win them any respect. I, for one, have no respect for such people. I'll much more admire someone who said it took him/her 6 months to read the Lord of the Rings.

[ January 17, 2003, 12:26: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.