1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #37

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

That was certainly interesting, if only because the background was absolutely horrible. :xx:

2. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

i had a really bad midterm test today and this idiotic course is a prerequisite for another idiotic course. one more cemester for me. my transcript became 100 pages

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Poor you. Exams are on my head, too, if this is any consolation. Civil law, administrative procedures and English. Will probably need to take an exam in canon law or lose the points. Maybe family law if I don't talk my way through without having to sit a real exam.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *huggles Chev*

You can do it :)

Hmm, I probably should start looking for a job or something...

5. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Speaking of work, I'll have to work on Sunday and the icehocky world championship final is on that day! On the positive note I'm fairly convinced that Finland will not survive to the final of the tournament so I don't think I'll be missing too much. ;)

Not much reading done today either. I'm seriously falling behind in my schedule.

6. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

@chev

As long as you have that, it's not over.

Have you tried seeing her at her workplace and serenading her? Worked for me once...

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Depends if you are any good at singing. Would never work for me because I'm terrible at it.

8. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I'm a lousy singer. All it did was make her laugh, thus making her more receptive to my apology.

It was a few more years before she married me...

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Messed up my back yesterday. Today seems to be the worst of it...

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I don't want to work but I need money. Are there any options out there?

11. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@ Jaguar
    Lotto? :p

12. chevalier

Media:
    Looks like I'm facing an entry talk with a language school this week. Probably not going to make it, but it's going to be a worthy educative experience. Hmm... I'd better go have my hair trimmed, I guess. Where did I put the darned papers?

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Jaguar - you can sell your body for scientific experiments. :borg:

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

People - especially busdrivers - are stupid.

15. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Or you could sell it to lonely middle-age women :p

16. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I know a guy who used to call women through "dating adds" (real name?) and then have them (older women) pay for dinner. There were rumours that it went a bit farther than that. :eek:

17. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    As long as I got my times right,

Happy birthday Tal!

18. chevalier

Media:
    @Sticker: Many more people do that than the public tends to think. Take a college or university or even a highschool, snoop a little, and you will find someone who goes on "sponsored" dates. Guys tend to know exactly what this is about, but girls who do that often think they are doing "legitimate business" and they don't see anything bad in it, let alone see themselves as prostitutes.

I'm not speaking about situations where someone has cash on hand and is able to pay for the dinner or beers with a friend, whether the same or the opposite gender, but about things like dating for money or for gifts. When it isn't money, it's cosmetics, mobile phones, tickets for this and that, fancy clothes and the like.

It's more and more widely accepted, especially if sex isn't demanded at will but simply expected from time to time. Or when the sponsored and the sponsored call themselves a gf and bf. Or when the material gain isn't exactly monetary. But this is corruption. I won't die if they see me with one, nor would I cut contacts with a friend who started doing that, but I would never go on such a date... not even a normal date with someone who has sponsored dates.

I just don't believe it's ever right to date or do anything for money or other gain. I believe dating and other romantic things should be kept out of touch with money and profits as much as at all possible. There is no purpose or goal which could make it the right thing to do. We can say that someone was pressed by a very hard situation, but it's never something to be proud of or something to treat like a normal source of income.

Come to think about it, I generally believe it's wrong to use your charms to achieve some gain, especially if it's material. Politeness, kindness and openness is one thing. But flirting with people, doing things with them or letting them do things to you to get things your way is wrong.

Well, maybe if you make yourself look attractive and behave in such a way as to empower the attraction but without being licentious, maybe then it can be OK. But getting physical for the sake of getting your things done... no way. It's one of the scourges of the modern culture. It exacts its toll on everyone. It taxes everyone. Everyone is expected to give something away from his sexuality. People are out for a look or a touch or a grope and other people are being expected to put up with that for the sake of whatever. I don't agree with that kind of approach and that kind of mentality and I never will.

I believe in a religion which says that human bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. You don't go into a temple in muddy shoes or drunk or trying to get it off, or whatever such. And you don't use a temple to fish for coin. You don't give sacred things away for the flashy but short-lived goods of this world.

If every man treated every woman's body as a temple and every woman treated her body as a temple, life would be so much better.

19. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

And here was I thinking that I write too long rants in random babbling. :shake:

20. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

After an extremely pleasant day yesterday with a guy I've been flirting with since November, I now have a sunburnt arm, and am feeling very frustrated. Turns out he's just started seeing someone else, and now he's wishing he wasn't now that I am single myself. :bang: Just my stupid luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.