1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #36

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Was only going to have a brief nap after lunch then get a couple things done. I woke up and it was supper time...

I knew you can't trust cats!

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What was the dagger doing stuck in the wall in the first place? Have you been having knife throwing fights again?

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    what can I say, I like sharp things... so what if I kind of have several of them haging on the wall cause they're so pretty? :love:

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

kinda like hanging samurai swords on walls.. kinda dangerous to have them near where you eat/sleep/bathe though :eek:

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ Cesard & RQ?

Thanks for the sugestions; I have stocks of green tea for when I think I need to go non-caffeinated. Green tea's quite nice, especially when you stir in a teaspoon of honey.

At the time, I was trying to maintain wakefulness though. I reckon I must've had about 30-40 cups of tea in about 24 hours. At its worst yesterday, it felt like my mouth had been smeared with tannin. I also don't think I can be an addict, because now I don't want to touch the stuff for a while, at least!

Rhetorical ? - I haven't tried the new Twinings (seems a bit posh for a student) but one of my flatmates has drunk a pint of coffee before now.

6. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I find that having a decent sized cup of water inbetween teas and coffee's helps me stay awake better and limits the 'drained' feeling I get from too much caffine.

As far as I am aware, Twinnings is no more expensive than Tetley.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i feel... unsophisticated. all of you going on about teas and coffees and all i drink is coke :D

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *snicker*

I have aroub 25 liters or so coke in the house :D

Tea is also good.

Said swords normally aren't near where I sleep, but I relocated thanks to the kitties,....

9. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My girlfriend just threw me out of the house, said she can't get any cleaning done with me in the way, her sister is coming for a visit. I guess I'll just clutter the boards with useless posts until I she let's me back home. :D

10. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The intelligent male ... knows exactly how to save himself from cleaning duty :shake:

11. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

last night , in my dream, i was trying to peel an orange but i couldnt... what the hell does that mean???

12. The Magpie

That you should buy a peeler

13. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I had a really bizarre dream the other night...

I was in local shopping centre, in a Waitrose, buying cereal with *complete disregard* to the fact that I already had plenty of cereal.

I left, and ran into two friends, Chris and Josh, who were deep in conversation about philosophy/literature (as usual for them). I walked along with them a bit, and they were (now) deciding ways to get around the regulation that Josh's float had to have a water pump, to prevent flooding, before it could enter the parade. I have roughly as much of a clue as you. Chris had the ingenious solution of building the entire float out of pumps. The irony! (This may have been inspired by that Family Guy where Spooner Street builds a float together.)

But then, I was hanging on the outside of a chinook, quite comfortably, and chatting to a friend inside for a few minutes.
    Afterwards, I was on a train, with my guitar apparently, and happened to fall asleep and miss my stop... the woman sitting across the carriage (who in retrospect looked a bit like Nursie from Blackadder) hadn't woken me up because I looked tired. Hm. So I ended up in Sandhurst.

umm... Lord alone knows, really.

(Blame Misanthrophe, he brought the topic up ;) )

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Hey Rhetorical Question? I just noticed you came from Hampshire. Last year my school almost did a school exchange to hampshire, you know an exchange program. with a girl school . But no, they voted for Yukon (Canada). They said Hampshire was too far away from London so they decided to get us to backwater place as Yukon.

You know it's just reminded me of this event.

I also have a dagger on my wall, you aren't alone in this world! I understand your pain!

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Almost two years of work (probably the equivalent of a few months however) now made completely redundant.

This was all I needed :cry:

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The Magpie, that was too funny. :lol:

8people, why?

17. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Rhetorical Question?
    hey dont blame me man, i just wrote that because i believe there is a conspiracy going on around me. for at least a year now, none of my dreams make sense. i think someone is messing with my dreams. a few weeks ago i was a char in Simpsons in my dream and Nelson was punching me. what the hell is going on??

18. The Magpie

[​IMG] Hmm... If we are to believe NWN: HotU, strange dreams may be warnings from allies. Thus, you are about to be attacked by cartoon characters, whilst impotently trying to open citrus fruit with your bare hands.

Seems straightforward enough to me.

@ Tal: aww... you're making me blush! :o

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    A pint of coffee? I drank three coffees today before my first meal (which was dinner at around 6 pm), unless we count something I ate when the night was passing.

20. The Magpie

It wasn't particularly impressive, true, but just a counter-example to RQ?'s "3/4 pint" comment. More impressive was the "orange squash challenge" another flatmate attempted, where he kept drinking orange squash until stomach pains forced him to stop. Then we made him carry on, claiming he was only half a man for giving up. Some people are so easily goaded... :evil:

He was ok, though - after relieving himself a few times - and did quite well in his exam the next morning. So no harm done, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.