1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #34

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I think I will melt something...hmmm maybe my physics teacher would melt well! :evil:

I hate physics I dunno why I took it! I've got 2 days to do a write up of my experiment! I hate him I hate him I hate him!!! :flaming:

2. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Be careful. Hate leades down the path to the Dark Side.

Seriously now, that is a lot of anger you got there. Be very careful since that kind of anger can blow up in your face.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, according to our senior executive the annual salary review process determined that our department is paid 6.9% more than the average of people with comparable skills in our peer group of other companies.

I guess that means no raises for us this year.

I wonder who exactly they figure is our peer group - E. Scrooge & B. Marley perhaps? ;)

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Lol: link

@JSBB: Well, I would think paying 7% more than the competition were a good thing to keep workers in the company. If they paid you the exact same salary as everyone else does, what incentive would you have to prefer them over other employers? What are those people thinking...

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well, if it was truly a representative peer group and the market was working efficiently I would expect that the number should be roughly zero - after all if my company was paying more than one of our competitors you would expect similar employees to want to jump ship to my company thus forcing wage equalization.

That being said, given that I turned down job offers from two of the large public accounting firms that would have paid me higher than what I am earning now, I really have to wonder about who is in this peer group that is dragging the average down so sharply. Normally the public accounting firms are the ones who lose employees by being outbid by corporations.

6. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Who knows, we'll never know, they're like women ;)

Might be goin' ter the movies tonight..... maybe....

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A chicken has crossed my road and now swims in the dark pools of my mind.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Meh is a good word... and I hate editing. Muchly.

On other news, tomorrow is Saturday....

9. el timtor Gems: 13/31

Veteran

@SleepleSS

Ph3@r the aquatic chickens!

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    If a chicken crosses the road and no one is around to see it, does it get to the other side?

If the egg came first, what laid the egg?

If the chicken came first, what laid the very 1st chicken's egg?

What is the point of life if you work 10 hour shifts, 6 times a week, from 7am till 5pm and have to be to bed by 10pm? 5 hours of "personal time"?!?!? Yeah right! :bang: rolling:

11. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31

Friday night. Work is over. Roommates are gone for the weekend. Sometimes life is full of little joys. If you have ever shared an apartment with three other people you would know how good it feels to be alone. :thumb:

12. chevalier

Media:
    Alone night after room sharing? Yeah, that sounds quite refreshing. And TGIF, hehe.

Shows up with two coffees. ~Hope you don't mind some company?~ Gives DHB one cup.

13. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31

Wonders if having PVC Pipe furniture is a sign you may be a redneck. :lol:

Takes Chev's Coffee. Be carefull not to spill any on my wonderful couch. lol

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

been sick most of the week. Hope it's finally going away...

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Absolutely not, it is just a sign that you are weird! ;)

If you want to get into redneck furniture territory obtain a piece of furniture that was made by putting a piece of wood over top of cinderblocks. :p

16. chevalier

Media:
    The gentle charm of a dorm. :lol:

~I'll try my best.~ Sits on the couch carefully. ;)

17. Arabwel

Media:
    As it is, meh

I really need to get some proper sleep one of these days, but I can't find the time... I actually have to be awake at all fricking hours these days...

I need to change time zones or something...

18. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

/me casts Sleep on Arabwel
    - casting failed

Blast! Not again, when will my spells work?! :rolleyes:

Yeah, its the weekend, I have no plans a probably won't get any either. Meh, at least I'll have time to work on my essay, my book report (which I have to find a book for first, read it and write the report by Thursday :S and its in French) and wrtie three read and responses. Its not that much, but enough to keep me busy.

Thankfully auditions were not this week for my Musical Theatre class musical. They will happen this week though, and I almost have my voice completely back :D but I can hardly compete with the competition, meh, at worse I'll be in the chorus which will be great fun in this musical :grin:

19. Arabwel

Media:
    So, Rolsuk, what exactly is the musical you're going to audtion for?

20. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Believe it or not, that's how many things in my house are constructed, and it's not just a temporary arrangement until the U-Haul truck arrives with our furniture; it's already here. We actually do have television stands, various assorted tables, shoe racks, and such constructed be putting one or more pieces of wood on, under, or around one or more cinderblocks. The wood and the cinderblocks are surrounded by many layers of think cloth, though, so nobody (and by nobody I mean me and my cats) accidentally injures themselves on the sharp corners.

EDIT: I seem to have acquired a new gem. Yay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.