1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #33

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Carcaroth, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

But it can be an interesting story that your friends won't let you live down. Once a friend took me with him to break up with his ex. We got his stuff out of the house before anyone woke up. he told her and with the last bit she went ballistic, slamming him into a door. On his way out, I made a point of being between him and his ex's mother who was going for a hockey stick at the time...

2. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle. God's grace to you Rolsuk. Try and remember you dont find love...it finds you. :love:

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The lady up there is right, Garak and Rolsuk. Godspeed on your way to the right one. The Lord comes not in a thunderstorm or a hurricane, but in a gentle breeze. And He puts sacrificial fire to a wet altar soon after.

@Garak: Perhaps she's not the right one - but perhaps she will be a good friend, as she clearly is important in your life. Perhaps her role isn't over yet. You will find another one... and the right one on the end of your search.

@Rolsuk: Do I know... But a good girl is doing her best to be good and just, and she stays away from double standards and harmful games. When you meet the right one, you will get along and understand each other. Not without trials, from petty rows to tough ordeals, but you will get along.

You're in my prayers, guys. I've been through such things a lot and I know what it means.

@Ziad: Congrats! And hope you won't have to wait too long.

[ February 19, 2005, 08:37: Message edited by: chevalier ]

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, I'm having that random urge to try and put together a roleplaying group on IRC again.

Having set organised games never, ever seems to work for me ... on the other hand, a set organised game is what I'd really really like...

5. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@Aikanaro Come again?

@Rolsuk,Chev,el timtor thanks guys, I feel a bit better but I still feel like giving up because I'll never find the right one.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well, I can't see what you don't get, but...

In the chatroom(s) I am feeling like setting up a roleplay with a regular set group of people.
    (This urge will most likely go away after a few days and then I'll be back to RPlessness again...)

7. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Bion & Chev: Thanks for the encouragement. I'm taking these very positively these days: yesterday the interview with Drexel, and today I get an email from Ohio State University (Columbus) telling me I'm accepted there too, and they've even decided to nominate me for a Fellowship! I'm so happy :D

@Rosulk & Garak: Cheer up, one day things WILL work out well, no matter what. So don't let yourself be down! Never give up!

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Congratz Uytuun!

I feel like partying :banana: So tonight is gonna be good! Jumping and moving (I won't call it dancing ;) ). Till dawn with a bottle of Carlsberg and some cool friends :p .

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I wonder why as you go up the generations you get a better 'title'

daughter
    mother
    grandmother
    great grandmother
    great great grandmother
    etc

quite unusual I think :rolling:

Been doodling again recently. I think I'm getting better.

I hope I am :mommy:

10. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Just got back yesterday from a cruise. I drank three days in a row and today when I woke up felt horrible. Well at least I had fun while it lasted though. Perhaps even a bit too much fun.

11. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Thanks for all the support I am feeling better, but not good enough to ahng out with her as friends yet. Once the wound heals a bit more then we can continue our friendship, but until then I need some room and don't really feel like going out somewhere. My deepest thanks again for the support.

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I lost my connection to the Internet. Went had supper, watched Andromeda, took a nap.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh...my boss put in a good word for me to the IT department at my work today for "fixing" his computer. There wasn't anything wrong with it....he just held the "on" button for more than 5 seconds every time he tried to turn it on. So to make myself look good, I opened it up and "adjusted" some wires that led to the frond pannel and put it back together. He was amazed that I was able to get it to work. I also told him to quickly push the "on" button in and out to turn it on, as holding it in isn't good for the switch. :shake:

Some people are just stupid. :rolling:

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Yeah, no kidding. But at least you looked good for your boss...

Have to speak in Church tomorrow. I've got my notes ready, And I usually look more comfortable than I am...

15. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@GARAK!

Actually you should learn to control your fealings, not strip them, but control them. Thus you must impose a certain amount of ration upon your instincs. Trust me, I know how it feels! I've been through the same poo :)

As I've told you before, this is because of your extremly unbelievable pessimism! What mental state I would advise you to adopt is this: "Eaven if God told me that I will never have a girlfriend, I would still have the strenght to believe that I might!" I believe that thou are wating too much time crawling behind her and doing nothing! And I am only saying all of these because I know her (duh! she was my girlfriend...) and you as well.

Yah! That's it! Give up and spend your whole life playing RPGs (you're not far from it... REALLY!) Why bother living your life? It's a lot easier to rot in fromt of that cute monitor of yours and wait for your eyes to dissintegrate while being pointed only at medieval fiction books. I'm not saying that's not fun, but you can't spend day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year doing JUST that! And here you go with your totally pathetic excuse for a pessimistic existence... Would you just try to think positive for at least one flutching second of your life???

@Chev, Rolsuk and El Timtor: Don't you realise that your telling Garak all of these "hey, cheer up" things for nothing? Can't you see that you're not talking any sense into him? Not because of you, but because of him! I'm not saying don't help him, but for God's name, GARAK, STOP BEING AN IDIOT! JUST LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE!!! LET OTHERS HELP YOU!

All that I've said, I've ment, I was not drunk, and I was not exagerating!

Oh, one more thing, Garak. If you want a girlfriend, do something about it! Don't wait for Tymora to make your wishes come true... And if you're not gonna stop being uberpessimistic, I'm gonna start calling you a looser (in the best case).

[ Even if you had a valid point to make to Garak, at least some effort at civility would have been appreciated. ] - Beren

[ February 20, 2005, 08:13: Message edited by: Beren ]

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Could you people please go make a relationship rant thread somewhere else? You're derailing Random Babbling...

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hehe.

I have a paper I have to start, this sucks. Had a boring Saturday night too :sosad:

18. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I just got tESIII Morrowind, Bloodmoon and Tribunal, have I made a huge mistake?!?!

19. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@Kelvon would you stop listening to my rants when I'm in a bad mood. In case you haven't noticed I'm at my most pesimistic when I'm angry about something. After that I tend to just deal with whatever problem I have in front of me and leave stuff like that for the next century.

Because in the end it's my decision what I do about. Also call me old fashioned but I think it posible to love someone enough to give them up.
    And besides Andreea,Claudia,Lucia,Kik and Florina should get a trophy. I'm more inclined to listen to them than to you.

Why?

Because my instinct says so and it's usually right.

P.S.: Calling me a looser will not help either of us. I'll just ignore you.

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The banana knows all --> :banana: (Mazzy info)

But I don't think he can help me with my coursework :hmm:

We're planning on moving house soon. Should be interesting, we're going to try and get a place with a garden. I really miss having a garden and I hope I'll be able to help out with it or have an area for myself, I like gardening ^_^

Thing is we might be moving during my exams, so I hope it doesn't make it awkward. I have my first exam in March and my last in June, so I should be okay for most of them. I'm trying to find out when they all are but the ID numbers and names of all the exams were changed recently and I can't find when my exams are :xx:

Should work out in the end though :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.