1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #33

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Carcaroth, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

That sucks Rolsuk. Sometimes, it doesn't matter whether it's a week or a year, it still feels ****. Yeah, it seems stupid and nuts, and maybe it is. I don't know, even from personal experience. But (almost) everyone goes there, so you're not the only one going mad, at least.

If you can stay friends, though, something can be salvaged. My ex and I are still good mates; if you get on well with someone, it's worth putting aside any bitterness you feel at rejection for keeping in touch. Hopefully, you can take something out of what feels a great loss at the moment.

*Raises glass to fellow member of 'the club'* :beer:

As we say in l'il ol' England: "chin up, son"

@Nakia:
    WTF is the AOoOF?

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

@Rolsuk: Remember what you liked about her and keep that in mind when you're looking for the next one. Also, remember to be who you want to be so you get the right woman for you...

3. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My deepest thanks for the support, I taking it to heart. You guys are the greatest :)

I feel like crap now, but as they say, time heals all wounds. I'll feel better later but now its time to embrace the feelings of sorrow and pain that I may move on. My thanks again everyone.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @Magpie-AOoOF is a special group to which Splunge and I belong and are, as far as I know, the only members. At least that will admit it. :D Since Splunge is really the founding father I'll let him decide if he wants to explain further.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Does AOoOF stand for Aging Order of Old Farts? :shake: :lol: :p

Oh man...the next two days are going to suck for me, but are going to make my pay check nice and juicy. Tomorrow and Saturday I have to work from 7am 'till 12pm...depending on how many breaks we'll get, that's about 16-17 hours of back breaking manual labor to get phase #1 done and out of the way.

Oh, and for the sake of my job's longevity, I'm hoping there will be about 10 phases...considering that it's been almost 6 weeks since the project was started, and phase 1 isn't quite ready to be called "done". :money: :rolling:

6. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Mwuhaha.

passed the exams. :D

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Congrats :D

My bike was fixed fee of charge - but Jen is STILL dead.

*sigh*

I. Hate. Life.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Gah, this sucks. I feel like I'm procrastinating from going to sleep - with a total lack of ambition to achieve anything at all.

Maybe I'll play the helicopter game or something...

9. Arabwel

Media:
    Noooo - now I want to play tht stupid came, you.. you... you ebil thing!

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hehe - I got 3000-ish points just before :p

11. Arabwel

Media:
    It is official - you are ebil.

*grumbles*

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I just had a phone interview with Drexel University! (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania). It seems I'm going to get accepted there. But I wanna go to UNC-Chapel Hill and they're not answering my emails or my phone calls :(

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

:beer: I finally kicked Irenicus' butt.

AGAIN.

Yaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!! :banana:

14. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@Rolsuk at least I know I'm not only one. Whent to her birthday today. Obviously her boyfriend was there and I was really divided. I'm something of a sentimental nut so while part of me was happy she was happy the other part of me felt like :bang:

At least she really liked the neckles I gave her as a present and we get along pretty well, but sometimes I really want to strip away my abylity to have sentiments because so far they only brought me heart aches.

I mean .... I feel that I'll ALWAYS be alone or that if I do manage to have a girlfriend the univers will play a bad joke and either the sun will go nova, a meteor will hit, nuclear war begins or I just get killed in some stupid way that was not my fault.

I've got no hope left.

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

If I can get through life without working, then dammit, I will die a happy man...

16. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Ziad- Congrats on Drexel; UNC not getting back to you probably doesn't mean anything; it's a big state school and I'd guess they have lots of students trying to get hold of them now, and they just aren't being very efficient about contacting people. Good luck tho.

@Jaguar- why, would working cut into your arranging-amusing-tableaus-in-BG time?

17. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

@ Lord Garak - I often feel the same way too, but you musn't give up hope. There are plenty of fish in the sea, and though the good ones are hard to come by, you must continue searching. I know how much it can hurt when you find a good one, cast the line and have it break, or when you actually catch a good on and it gets away; but you must keep trying. I know often all you want is to head to shore and never go fishing again, but you must, becasue one day you will find the right fish and it'll stay with you, and you'll feel happier than ever :)

Things are going slightly better, after three nights of weeping I'm out of tears. Now I feel not like crying but only hollow inside. Its a step in the right direction, and I am feeling slightly better.

18. el timtor Gems: 13/31

Veteran

@Rolsuk & Garak

You guys aren't alone--it would seem that most of us have been through this at some time in our lives. It's major suckage when it's happening, but when you find the one that DOES work out, the wait will be worth it.

Look forward, don't regret the failures, and keep trying...

19. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

Thanks el, that is encouraging to know :)

Man, some people can really twist your words on msn when they want to and make you out to be a jerk. Not to mention that you can never be right either. I mean one misplaced joke, or one with including friends and they think you're insulting their friends and talking behind their backs even though you've said it to them before. They can insult you and make jokes about you all they want but if you say anything that can have the slightest chance of being offensive and they pounce. Women can be a headache when they're young and immature, so can guys but meh. Venting complete.

20. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Ah, I can remember the days of having my heart ripped out and handed to me. Such fond memories... :rolleyes:

It's funny though...the feelings of heartache and hopelessness...they affected me profoundly and I never wanted to put someone else through them. This has caused me to stay in relationships a lot longer than I would have liked. This of course makes it even worse in the long run. Breaking up after being in a long relationship is absolutely no fun, whether you're the one doing the breaking up or the one being dumped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.