1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #31

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Wow, that's lucky. :thumb:

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Congrats on that teekc. You lucky son of a....

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, not to self, participate in sureveys more often....

As it is, my haor is a mess and i hate myself, and my writing stuill sucks.

5. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Not that it'll do you much good but you can have my writing ability if you want it Ara, I never use it.

Nip/Tuck is back on telly on Monday!
    Saw the Golden lobe nominations recently too, we got a few Aussies in there so go us :thumb:

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Life rules. :thumb: :)

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

No Hockey sucks...

The Players want to negotiate, but the owners want to keep the players under their thumb...

8. Arabwel

Media:
    As it is, as long as YOU don't get any hockey, WE get even better hockey than usually :D

Just too damn bad I no longer live in Oulu so I could go to the games :(

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    @teekc: You are quite lucky! Although, if I were you, I'd sell it on eBay and use the money to buy a Creative Zen Touch Mp3 player! :thumb: :rolling:

My work is crazy...

I have one manager who is younger than me, has less experience than me, and only got a manager position by giving sexual favors to her GM before she got transferred to my store. I have another manager who loves me, and doesn’t care what the hell I do while I'm on the clock, so long as the co manager of the general manager aren’t there. I have a co-worker who has a major crush on me, but I can't stand to listen to her...or even be near her. I have another co-worker who likes me, but has a boyfriend, so we just flirt like crazy. And there is this new girl who can do the job...but still acts like a 4 year old, which can be amusing - if you need a quick laugh, all you have to do is poke her in the side and watch her reaction...

I really hate my job...but most of the people there are pretty cool. I hate to say it, but I'm actually going to miss it once I get my manager's position at Cold Stone. :cry:

Which, by the way, I leave for training on Jan. 16th...which is set in stone this time, as the plane tickets, hotel room, and ground transportation have all been arranged and paid for. :banana: :rolling:

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Congrats Kit, at least you've got somthing lined up. Your job sounds quite stressy at times, kinda like what Im having know... if only I could give sexual favours to my manager so she could promote me to team co-ordinator... I can dream... for now Im just going to pass the time vandalising the network connections in other departments and laugh evily in the corner whilst teams of IT prats come running round wondering why nothing is working... hoo hoo hoo hee hee hee :rolling: :D

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, Garak... if you want to come to some agreeable terms with your teachers, you need to learn to stand up to them. So far as matters of science or arts go, some teachers actually expect you to do that. People who really want to teach you something, expect you to defend your views even from them and to be able to do that in a reasonable and competent way. But not all teachers are like that. Some teachers, especially if we consider arts, simply can't get over the fact that a student disagrees with them and doesn't bow to their superior taste. :rolleyes: Let alone what happens when it comes to ethical issues. :rolleyes: Those will only respect you if you stand up to them. Especially if you do that competently. It's not like they will admit a mistake (and who's saying that, hehe), but they know when they aren't right.

As for the girl... it's not bad if your feelings for her are strong. Even if they make you do things you wouldn't otherwise do. Problems start when feelings cloud your conscience and you start doing bad things because your love interest wants you to. Or when the love interest abuses that power.

If a girl has real feelings for you (friendly or romantic, just real), she won't humiliate you and she won't ask things of you that are against your conscience or would hurt your self-esteem. Someone who does that is not the right person for you and the sooner you move on, the better for you.

You can learn a lot of useful things at an early stage. For example, if a girl doesn't bother to be polite to someone who clearly cares for her, how would she treat a boyfried, fiance... husband, children... Or if she abuses the influence she has on you because of your feelings, what guarantee do you have that she won't play games with you even if the relationship finally happens? Or if she can't stick to one guy and fools around with other guys as well, how can you be sure that she will care, let alone have the resolve, to stay faithful in a lasting long-term relationship?

It never hurts to watch how she treats her family and friends. Heck, even how she treats guys who hit on her. If she's cruel to other guys who hit on her (assuming they aren't rude about it) because she prefers you over them, will she have much consideration for your feelings if you fail to satisfy her one way or another?

But if you just see that you care a lot for the girl and you could do just about everything for her, it isn't bad. Especially if you affect her the same way and you both genuinely like each other apart from feeling strong mutual attraction, and respect each other. Respect is crucial here, with all the influence you have on each other - or just she on you.

Oh my, am I ranting...

[ December 16, 2004, 14:50: Message edited by: chevalier ]

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oh my, I can't believe I just read that rant :p

Guess it's just perfecting the art of procrastination :)

13. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Its random babble not ranting... there should be a 3 day non ranting amnesty, turn in all your rantings and avoid devine retribution! :rolling:

I think we should sing a bit of elvis costello for the girl...

SHEEEEEE May be the face I can't forget
    The trace of pleasure or regret
    May be my treasure or the price I have to pay...

/me hands a :coffee: to chev "think you might need it after that"

14. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

*takes away chev's soapbox*

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I would like to purchase some more time please. Anybody have any to spare?

16. Arabwel

Media:
    Soorry, Jag, I just sold my last Priocrastinator to a funny old man in a saffron robe...

As it is, I am finding myself rather annoyed at stuff for no reason - I shopuld clean, i should find my bills, that sort of stuff.

Yuck.

17. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Pfff today was diffrent it was cold and it Rained!

I like the dark days of winter But I don't like the weather that comes with it, but who am I to complain? At least I'm not starving to death in some country where it's way to hot!

:banana:

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It's a rainy summer's day here. Not too hot at 21 degrees, but a few showers from time to time. There's a nice breeze coming in off the harbour. Just nice. Roll on Christmas!

19. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Spawn Versus Tori Amos: who will win?

20. Harbourboy

Win at what? Mud-wrestling (Tori)? Chess (Tori)? Fear Factor (Spawn)? Karaoke contest (Tori)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.