1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #30

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When Tal says "we won't be having these boards for much longer anyway", he just means he's changing the software eventually. SP will still be around.

And Jag - that sounds crazy enough that it just might be true.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Gah, I hate my mother.

For once, I am not abiout tu hug abyonem, I am too *censoered* depressed.

I need a hug.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Something in Pomerania (seaside part of Poland) is killing little farm animals - bunnies, ducks and the like. The strange paw prints aren't of a dog - they're bigger and all. The places where footprints have been found suggest the beast can have 1.5 metre (5 feet) of height. Farmers don't leave their houses without pitchforks and other devices after dusk and aren't letting their children out alone. The monster rips the critters appart and eats none. It has killed at least 120 animals by now.

The police says it can't be a human and a veterinarian has said it has to be a madman or an unknown animal. But come on, how many unknown species do we have in the world, especially in Europe?

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Well, there's you, for starters. :p

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Kitrax, yes, we'll be getting a php board in the near future.

And Jaguar, you have no idea how I often it's crossed my mind over the years what a great resource for psychological study these boards would be. I really regret not studying psychology more extensively sometimes.

Rednik, we've had to ban a few people, but I think less than a dozen in all the years BoM have been around.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I just arrived home and I am now unemployed. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sure enough they had three more last minute computer projects that I had to do this morning.

Given the level of computer saviness of the guy to whom they had me sign over the administrative rights I think that the local computer support companies will be seeing a lot of business in the near future.

Given that there was exactly one other person working for the entire firm who had a decent level of knowledge about computers you would think that the decision would be easy but naturally they had to think long and hard about it before choosing someone who knows next to nothing about computers. :lol:

They finally got around to selecting him as my successor less than an hour before I left - and he wasn't even in the office so he doesn't even know that he is the new computer administrator yet! :lol:

Oh well, that is not MY problem. :D

The firm gave me a nice Cross gold-plated pen and pencil set as a going away present.

8. Arabwel

Media:
    *giggles*

JSBB, that is just... :D

On the other hand, my kitties are messy :(

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I woke up at 2PM today.... I love the break.

10. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

First read through of the play is tonight! I'm excited, but nervous as well. The guy playing Poseidon is a fantastic actor, and I have a feeling that I'm going to be making a fool out of myself.

Oh well, if I make a fool of myself, so be it! :banana: I'm looking forward to this. :D

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Woohoo! Stopped working, no more cleaning toilets for me! muhaha, now I can relax for a week and then I'm an intern at a company that programs Internet-radio's, never heard of them? Neither did I.

I wonder what I will be doing there, getting their coffee or programming a soddy piece of junk..

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I wish that I had a Green Lantern ring. That would be fun.

13. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, good for you.

It's funny, but all I can see now is this Victorian streetlamp dangling from someone's hand.

Nurse!

14. Rednik Gems: 21/31

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Speaking of rings, I wish I could watch more boxing...

16. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

gah, I just slept for 14 hours straight. but on the ohter hand I will be awake for quite some time.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Why are Canadians always trying to start a conspiracy? The whole Water Gate thing was just a conspiracy created by a bored Canadian. :rolleyes:

Well, I survived working the busiest day of the year. After the 4 hour non-stop rush finally ended, I looked up the figures saved on the computer, and this year's sales were up almost $300 from last year...and that's between the hours of 10am till 3pm! We had so many people working today that everyone was in the way of everbody else! But we tried a new way of taking orders and I think it worked. I came near my breaking point after 3 huge orders in a row. One was about $25, the second was over $50, and the third was $42 something...I had to take and prepare all three by my slef because the genius manager thought that I didn't need a "runner" and sent her on break. :bang: (Let me remind you that the average order is between $5 and $10)
    The store is not yet closed, and from what I saw coming home from my mom's house, the dinner rush looked to be just as busy as the lunch rush was. :eek: :rolling:

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What else do we have to do during the long, cold, dark Canadian winter? :p

19. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Drink beer I assumed.... :p

20. Arabwel

Media:
    *resists the urge*

Bah... tired, tired, too tired...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.