1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #30

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Damn I'm tired! But must do some things now, school and stuff. I also must watch some movies but I don't think that will happen today..

I think I go to bed early and do it all in the morning...

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I am almost done christmas shopping. Now if only I could get that damn American sight to sell me, a lowly Canadain, their goods.

Pompus buggards. We share a fricken border.

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Damn, This is freaky. I'm still tired but I now I wont sleep if I go to bed now...

Let's surf the web some more then! :banana:

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All you insomniacs need to go to bed and get up at the same regular times each day then you'll never have any problems (sleeping that is).

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's proabably why the site won't sell to you! :p I would really laugh if the site gave 50% off to ship to Mexico, but no shipping at all to Canada! :evil:

Grrr! I hate taking out the trash! :bang: :rolling:

6. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I just superglued a bit of my finger to the carpet. I realized fast enough, and didn't lose any skin, though.

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just finished watching A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Classic. :)

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The issue with Switzerland is they don't care who they trade with, so "sanctions" don't really ever work. Like submarine warefare in the 40's, an end-around is a very effective tactic; which is why convoys started to zig-zag. Countries under sanctions just run an end-around through Switzerland, problem solved. It's worked that way for a full century (since the days of the Robber Barons).

Anyway, I was going to talk about the Halflife 2 "speed run". It's been my nightly entertainment for the past several days. The guy that is running the show seems like a fish in water, completely at home with the game mechanics. He'll give the nod, yes or no, to NPC questions. He's generally a shooter, scoring outstanding hits on the move. He maintains focus through all the rounds impacting around him, remembering to move toward his goal rather than soak up the scenery.

But he plays the game, remembering that he's recording a demo. When he does take the time to soak up the scenery, he pans slowly instead of the quick jerks that you'd use in a deathmatch. He gives a bit of character to the player, using the old Yo' Samity Sam "HYAH MULE! HYAH! HYAH!" technique with NPC's who aren't moving fast enough for his taste. One of my favorites is when he's with "Dog", and there is a car shell in the way; he looks over at Dog, turns back to the car and shoots it with the shotgun, then turns back to Dog; as if to say "RETRIEVE!!!". Never fails to crack me up. I can see bits an pieces where he can stand to improve the overall run, but it's not like I have the practice and co-ordination (much less the hardware) to match his skillz.

So, that's about all I have to say about the issue. I'm not going to rant about Steam and economics. The movie is really good, and anyone who hasn't watched it, even if first person shooters aren't "your thing", should take a gander at the movie. I posted a link to it in the Playground's thread. The small version is around 700meg, and the higher quality version is 1.4gig.

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm.... *wonders if she should was harddrive space and bandwidth*

As it is, I am an idiot.

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

That sounds cool, ejsmith, I'll have to check it out now. *drools*

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...I have broadband internet and that 1.4 GB movie is killing my connection speed! :eek:

Oh well, I'm still able to browse the BoM without too much delay. :rolling:

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I can't concentrate at my school work I had some coffee, I had a good night sleep I did turn of the music but still, the page is empty...

I wish the gave us a more exciting tasked writing about your roles during meetings suck!

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Whee! I just spend two days making a robot that DOESN'T WORK :bang:

14. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Just got into work late... had the work xmas party last night :beer: :banana: :rolling: it was bizzarre as you like :nuts: hardly anyone is at work today, and if they made it in, they don't look too responsive...

15. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Today I was walking around in the Bay for some Xmas shopping, and then I heard something that sounded vaguely like an 80s tune.

I walked over to the set of TVs they had playing. And it's like, oh my god! Its a video of Britney Spears doing a cover of Bobby Brown's "It's my Perogative". :eek: Like I wasn't feeling glum enough already without that ruining my day altogether.

The cheesiness of some music videos never ceases to amaze me. :rolleyes:

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Hmm, I wonder whether I convince my parents to let me order in CDs online. Sonic Cathedral is a hell of a lot cheaper than music shops...

17. Arabwel

Media:
    *hugs Beren* There,t here you can get ovwer it...

yhere is a differense between a good cheesy vid and a bad cheesy vid - BS is most definitely the latter :D

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    No baby yet. Doc is planning to induce labor tomorrow. Whee! :roll:

19. Arabwel

Media:
    *huggles Rally*

I hope everything goes well for you and the little one :)

20. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Every time I hear that one I get a mental image of Britney's producer hiring an English teacher to explain to her what the hell a prerogative is. :shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.