1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #30

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It was still there last time I looked.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, the problem is that it got turned upside down.

So now it looks like O instead of O

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Judging by the recent posts, Grandpa Splunge is being cheeky today. :D :p :lol:

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's because I forgot to take my meds. :xx:

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I mean the second O, smarty-pants.

See: pronounce BUT pronunciation

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Webster ate it?

8. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ack! My computer is making weird clicking noises! I really don't need this to happen now.

:bang: Hopefully it will last until I can get it home and looked at.

*crosses fingers hopefully*

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Lai

Hard drive dying most likely.....

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I am just back from my first day at my new job, it is a little too early to say how it will be but everyone in my department seems nice. I don't have a computer yet, it is supposed to show up tomorrow, so I spent most of the day meeting people and reading honking big binders full of departmental overviews, policies, codes of conduct etc. etc. :sleep:

One very positive thing, from my point of view at least, is that my boss came right out and told me to feel free to leave the suit at home unless I am on the road or in a big meeting. If you have any idea of how much I loath wearing a tie you would know that puts me in a :banana: frame of mind. :)

I think I am going to need to buy a day planner just to keep track of all of the lunches and social events that my group has planned for this month.

Another nice thing is that the department actually has a fairly high percentage of females among the professional staff, my old firm had an exclusively male staff except for the receptionists. In my nine years of working at the firm we had a grand total of two non-secretarial females on staff and neither lasted more than six months.

Finally, while the commute is a little longer the location is such that taking the train actually makes sense and that effectively turns the entire commuting time into reading time - which in essence means that as far as I am concerned I just gained back a huge chunk of my day for doing the things I like. :thumb:

11. Arabwel

Media:
    *Hugs*

Congrats, JSBB!

12. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Wow, the babble is on number 30...

13. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I feel tired.... :coffee:

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thanks Uytuun and Arabwel :) The date is supposed to be June 13th

15. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Congrats, Dragonfly! :D :grin:

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I have a quote...anyone who can tell me where it is from gets a pat on the back...ready?

"My blood hurts!"

There... :rolleyes:

I really hate my job. I want to quit. :rolling:

17. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

ohh I just did a major little searching on that, I have a headache now... need more coffee, the world is looking like a strobe light effect cause of my lazy eylids... I need...

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :rolling:

18. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Falling asleep as we speak..

19. Arabwel

Media:
    *giggle*

Gah, I sometiomes really hate being me...

20. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I hate being me too, wanna swap?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.