1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #3

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    For several years, I would not poke my head outside the weekend after Thanksgiving. Now I remember why. Mom wanted to go to the sales, and since she wanted some big stuff, I got to drag my rump out of bed before 6am, since I am the one with a truck. It was nuts. I mean, completely bonkers. If the line to the checkout was less than an hour, you were doing good. I did come home with some nifty stuuf, but I'm still debating whether or not is was worth having to deal with that many people. Ugh.

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Welcome back Aikanaro :wave:

On a more painful note - my mocks start in 2 days argh! :aaa: :aaa:

Luckily the first two days are just my english and spanish orals which i should be ok on. But then on friday i have 5 hours of exams. 3 hours of science followed by 2 hours of RE :wail:

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You poor thing!

It could be worse, you could have five days of it - 5 hours a day and hell yo go home too :(

4. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

He was born a pauper to a pawn, on a Christmas day when the New York Times said "God is dead, and the war's begun"

I do so love Elton...

I went to see The Quiet American, and I have to say that Mikey C put in a bangin' job at being a lazy british journalist. All in all, the film was damn good, but I can see how it would be better read than seen.

Teehee, taking a big bunch o' muppets to see TTT on the 20th for my Birthday. Sweet sweet LOTR...

5. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

You know, I don't understand what's going on in this post. Frankly, I'm really confused.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Has anyone here got 'Elf Bowling' :evil:

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"You know, I don't understand what's going on in this post. Frankly, I'm really confused."

Then we have done our jobs, correctly.

Go home and sleep well!

8. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I learned an important lesson today: never wash your pants with your mobile phone still in one of the pockets.

Well, at least now I know why they make water-proof phones.

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    WAAAAAH! I want snow!

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Its suppose to confuse, to keep noobs busy and online, while we can check if they got legal versions of the IE games......

Its legal, ask Tal :cool:

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

This has been my first post in a relatively long time. SP is losing its touch for me. Every day, it seems to become grayer, the texture fades just a little bit, and everything becomes a tad more dull than it was yesterday. The predictable fanfic (with notable exceptions, of course), the eternal, intelligent debates over Bush and Iraq and society, the newbie questions about how you kill those stupid Wolfweres, and everything else that constitutes (which is a word, of course, as well as constitutively) SP seems to getting a bit more boring. Hmmm. It's not like Tal and every other SPer on the Boards suck and are becoming old fogeys. It's just that I feel like spouting this half-true melodramatic crap.

Oh, well. At least there's always the 3rdedition.org Boards. Which seem to be getting more interesting every day. Feel free to flame me there - I go as "Cakb".

12. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

C'Jakob, welcome to Wildfire's world.

13. Riddley Walker Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

This bloke is working on the buses and collecting tickets. He rings the bell for the driver to set off when there's a woman half getting on the bus. The driver sets off, the woman falls from the bus and is killed.

At the trial the bloke is sent down for murder and seeing as its Texas he's sent to the electric chair. On the day of his execution he's sat in the chair and the executioner grants him a final wish.

"Well" says the man, "is that your packed lunch over there?"
    "Yes" answers the executioner.
    "Can I have that green banana?" the man asks.

The executioner gives the man his green banana and waits until he's eaten it. When the man's finished, the executioner flips the switch sending hundreds of thousands of volts through the man. When the smoke clears the man is still alive. The executioner can't believe it.

"Can I go?" the man asks.
    "I suppose so" says the executioner, "that's never happened before."

The man leaves and eventually gets his job back on the buses selling tickets. Again he rings the bell for the driver to go when people are still getting on. A man falls under the wheels and is killed. The bloke is sent down for murder again and sent to the electric chair. The executioner is determined to do it right this time so rigs the chair up to the electric supply for the whole of Texas. The bloke is again sat in the chair.

"What is your final wish?" asks the executioner.
    "Can I have that green banana in your packed lunch?" says the condemned man.

The executioner sighs and reluctantly gives up his banana. The bloke eats the banana all up and the executioner flips the switch. Millions of volts course through the chair blacking out Texas. When the smoke clears the man is still there smiling in the chair. The executioner can't believe it and lets the man go.

Well, would you believe, the bloke gets his job back on the buses. Once again he rings the bell whilst passengers are still getting on, this time killing three of them. He is sent to the electric chair again. The executioner rigs up all the electricity in America to the chair, determined to get his man this time. The man sits down in the chair smiling.

"What's your final wish?" asks the executioner.
    "Well" says the man, "Can I have that green banana out of your packed lunch?"

The executioner hands over his banana and the man eats it all, skin included. The executioner then pulls the handle and a zillion million trillion volts go through the chair. When the smoke rises the man is still sat there alive without even a burn mark.

"I give up" says the executioner, "I don't understand. How you can still be alive after all that?" He stroked his chin. "It's something to do with that green banana isn't it?" he asked.

"Nah" said the bloke, "... I'm just a really bad conductor."

:D

14. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Schyster.

Schyster, Schyster, Schyster, Schyster, Schyster.

Schyster.

SCHYSTER!!!!!

schyster.

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Heh, stupid teacher tried to make us do work today. Not happening! :)

16. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

[​IMG] Actually, a mobile phone CAN stand that wash.
    I know that a mobile phone was dropped from window (9th floor) to street, and it did not broke.

My dad's old Nokia 2110 did drop into river, and it still worked.

[ December 02, 2002, 09:25: Message edited by: Taza ]

17. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Happy (possibly early) Birthday Baldrak!

18. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I'm turning 29 tomorrow. For most of my life my birthday has been a day to look forward to, but now i wish it was wednesday already. Am i now officially old?

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The explanation for why it is called slash: It comes from the way the pairing is written: like Buffy/ Faith, written with the slash mark. Punctuation is the key....

I agree on the hentai manga.... I can't understand hentai manga.....

On the other hand, I am getting new glasses soon... yippeee.....

Ara
    (Getting werider , sicker, nastier and Snape-r by the day)

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I used my ANCIENT log-Nokia to hammer the things that kept my tent anchored into the ground when I was in a music festival in summer 2001... Didn't feel a thing. :)

Ara
    (Weirdness is trhe word)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.