1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #29

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    All I say is... Jammy.

On the other hand, i think I really should write, but i's not co-opearating :(

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ara, I think a famous shoe company said it best:

Just do it! :thumb:

Add a cameo in your story of your little kittens if you must! Just keep writing! :rolling:

3. Arabwel

Media:
    Heh, the kittens are nnot making a cameo, but a lazy fuzzball named Kafka is :D

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

/me is unavailable at the moment, having been sent into a state of shock after getting a mental image of Splunge, Anna Nicole Smith and the chocolate sauce. :jawdrop: :aaa: :aaa: :jawdrop: :aaa: :aaa: :jawdrop:

This is Jaguar's doctor. We are working on a cure, but all conventional methods have thus far failed. We are bringing in an unconventional expert.

Chev? :pope:

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...good thing I didn't mention the trampoline.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ego te exorciso! :pope:

7. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Rally:

Hmmm.... I thought Tal, BTA and Beren were the only mods on this board, yes?? :rolleyes: But now that we have our marching orders...

[ November 24, 2004, 03:45: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tal's already deleted the post in question, so let's just drop the subject for good for the remainder this thread. I was also tempted to delete certain offshoots that stemmed from that as well, but with so many posts occurring since then, it was a little late. Just ... find something else to post about.

Now might be a good time to quote this rule:

If you see something you don't like or are convinced breaks the rules, do not post publicly about it. The only proper recourse is to let an admin or moderator know about it so that we can check it against the rules.

Now please ...

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Damn,I miss all the fun 'round here... :(

10. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

And now for something completly different....

I went to the local elementary school this evening to watch a Thanksgiving play. The little kids were so cute in their little pilgrim and native american outfits. During the performance I noticed that someone had put up the props with huge amounts of grey ducktape. I couldn't help from laughing and wondering if whomever did that watched too many episodes of "The Red Green Show.'' Red would be so proud! :lol:

11. chevalier

Media:
    Coffee time. :coffee:

12. Arabwel

Media:
    Gah.

Oatmeal.

Johnny Depp-lookalike.

Not a good combo.

13. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Day of Defeat is owning my productivity.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, it looks like this coming Christmas is going to suck for me. I just news that my 2 weeks of training for my management position has been "delayed" to sometime in Jan, or possible even Feb.! I don't think I can last that long at my current, minimum wage, dead end job! :flaming:

I'm thinking of taking up a job offer from a former co-worker who just got a job at Best Buy. If I use him as a referral, he gets $150 which I'm sure he'll split with me. :rolling:

15. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Brr! Freaking negative twenty (Celsius) up here!

On the other hand, one-and-a-half hour breaks in the middle of the day letting you go home and chill (pun intended) for a while is nice.

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

You had better be careful Kit. I know people who work at stores like Best Buy, and it is cut-throat when you work by commission (which I think they do at Best Buy).

On the upside, refferals are cool. I just got a $25 gift certificate for the mall for referring someone who lasted a month. And for every 3 months they last after, I get another $50.

You can probably guess people don't last long at my job. You think it sucks getting calls from telemarketers, you try being one.

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I brought my digital camera in to take a new staff photo for my firm's website (i.e. one sans JSBB who shall no longer be here) and I realized that while I have thousands of photos from my various vacations I have never before bothered to take any of the place I have worked for the last nine years.

Naturally I decided to do something about this but it felt very strange. I am not gone quite yet but taking those photos felt like I was saying goodbye to a large portion of my life.

18. chevalier

Media:
    Nine years... no wonder. Almost half my whole life.

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Jag - you're a telemarketer? Ooh, you're evil :shame:

Quick, everybody - throw stones at Jag!

:p

(j/k - I know you need to have a job, and I know you have to put up with a lot of abuse. Me, I try to be polite unless they get pushy, in which case I just hang up on them.)

20. chevalier

Media:
    It's a job. If they ask me questions about something in order to compile statistics, it means someone cares what consuments think. Now, if they advertised something to me, that would be a different story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.