1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #29

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Congratulate me, I'm a godfather. Well one of three, as per lokal custom, but still it's an event :)

Am currently listening to CCR "Someday Never Comes". Don't quite know why but that song always gets to me.

2. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

congrats. is it a boy or girl

3. Zurga Gems: 9/31

A cute little girl. Makes me want to make my parents grandparents. When I held her I thought "eh okaay". Thats until she smiled. Then I was sold.

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Congrats.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs Zurga* Congrats!

I think I can hit a good, nive, round 60K today? :D

Not. Bloody. ikely.

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I didn't go to work today. I didn't wake up until 5pm. Probably because I didn't come in until 5am.

What a night. :cool:

7. Arahar

hehe, I think smiles kill all guys.

It's a weakness

8. Arabwel

Media:
    *yawn*

57K and off to bed I go....

9. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

First paintball game today. The most exhilarating thing I have ever done. Don't diss camo-gear. It really *does* work! Went really well in the forest course. Think I'd struggle with some of the indoor/urban courses, although I'd enjoy all the running around a bit more.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*strokes his NaNo*

I'm two days ahead now! It's insane! Hell! In another 1667 words or so, I'll be three days ahead! Nothing can stop me now! Bwahahahahaha!

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Zurga: Congrats. Does being a godfather create marriage impediment between your family and the families of other godparents in your denomination? I'm asking because it does happen in Eastern Christian churches and the custom of having three godfathers already seems exotic. ;)

12. Zurga Gems: 9/31

@Chevalier.
    First the word godfather was the only word I could translate it to. When the priest stated our dutie, he said something like: If the parents should have an accident and die, we should, if we where capable to do so, see to it that the child was raised in the christian faith.
    I theorize that in old times, this was a way for parents to secure their childrens future. Also while you don't need to have any godparents, only witnesses, having only three is sort of small. IIRC you can have ten. As for Eastern Christian churches I dunno, there are primarily lutherans, the one I belong to, baptists and a handfull of catholics.

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I may not know much about football, but I have to root for the locals. Go BC Lions. You're ahead 7 to 3. Bring the Grey Cup back to the west!

14. Arabwel

Media:
    Hmmm..... to take abreak from the nano to write something that I could get paid for or not to take? Decisions, decisions...

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Go for the money! Go for the money! :kaching:

16. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Ara

Well, if you could get money, then by all means do it. :banana:

17. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Congrats Zurga :thumb:

I'm hungry, but too lazy to go and get food. I'll get some next time I get up (that might be a while ;) )

Finished me homework! A nice bit of BS for religion class. :D

@ Jaguar - Final score is 27 to 19 for the Argos! Too bad for BC :p

[ November 22, 2004, 03:06: Message edited by: Rolsuk Fryulee ]

18. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yay Argos! Heh, granted, I don't follow football at all, but it's always good when my home team wins. Now, if only the Leafs would do well.

Time for another late night. The essay is due at 5:00 pm tomorrow. I am definately :nuts:

Bring on the caffeine!

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, the beautiful French student...who's name I finally learned was Natalie...has agreed to come over tomorrow on my day off. I suggested that the 3 of us (me, my g/f, and her) go to the theater, since there are a few movies I really want to see on the big screen; but she said her host family has already taken her there too many times since she's been here, and suggested that we just watch a movie at my apartment...so I agreed and gave her a list of all my DVDs. She said she wanted to watch 'Braveheart' and then possibly 'Wild Things'! I can't wait until tomorrow!!! :thumb: :rolling:

20. Arahar

@kitrax

two women in the same apartment that are interested in you. You're nuts. Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.