1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #29

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  2. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Alcohol before an audition?! I was planning on drinking after the audition, since I'm going to a party with fellow classics geeks after my audition.

It's going to be a long night.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hot chocolate.

*hugs Lai*

You'll get the part :D

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

One of my high school teachers had a very simple and somewhat silly method for calming nerves. What you do is close your eyes and take deep breaths in through the nose while visualizing yourself breathing through the soles of your feet and filling the body upwards towards the head. It sounds really dumb but I still use this method over a decade later.

Anyway, I am sure that you will do fine Laiwethel.

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Also... just keep in mind the dancing bananas. That'll keep the nerves at bay.

:banana: :banana:
    :banana: :banana:

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Sure the dancing bananas will keep the nerves at bay but I really don't think that replacing them with a case of the giggles is a good trade-off.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Beware the Giggle-Loop!!!!

8. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ah, the bananas. A whole new hell.

Laiwethel - control your breathing, probably breathe through the diaphagm. If you know anything like Tai Chi, some calming exercises would be good.

Other than that, don't fix on whatever's worrying you. Go in, do what you need to do.

Good luck.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] @JSBB - does that breathing thing still work if your feet smell bad? :D

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] @ Splunge - My feet usually do and it still seems to work just fine. In fact, even wearing an old pair of stinky gym sneakers doesn't appear to hinder the results. :p

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well.... sure, the dancing bananas can cause a giggle fit... but then you just have to exchange them for these: :rolling: :spin: :roll:

12. Arabwel

Media:
    :banana: :bang:

I am isn such a lovely NaNo state of mind...

13. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm sure at least a couple of them will help out.

*hugs everyone who suggested something*

Okay, less than four hours to get myself under control. I can do this.

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Of course you can.

BTW, I just tried out JSBB's idea, and it actually worked - smelly feet and all. And being in my office, I'm not exactly in the perfect relaxing environment.

Good luck! :)

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I got suspended for three days today for "fighting". I punched someone twice.

16. Arabwel

Media:
    Well, unless they punched back, it was not fighting.

*sigh*

that damn Soikkeli guy is 500 words ahead iof me... grrr!

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What a waste of a day off! :bang: :rolling:

18. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I just had some gatorade :banana:

19. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Huh?

I dont wanna fight no union.

Sorry.
    WAIPS (Why Am I Pissed Syndrome)
    Must relate to the WAIDS (Why Am I Drunk Syndrome) followed by the AISCS (Am I Spelling correctly? Syndrome).

[ November 13, 2004, 03:09: Message edited by: Zurga ]

20. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Is it just my computer or are the bananas not dancing today? :confused: :banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.