1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #28

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I only took one classical studies course when I was in university but I really liked it. If I had realized that non-linguistic classical studies courses counted as language courses I would have taken two more instead of French.

As it was, we were allowed one non-accounting course, at ANY level, per term of our masters degree. During my final term, classical studies was offering a doubled up second year class where there was twice the usual class time but the course ended at the mid-term point. Apparently a lot of the masters of accounting students seemed to find this desirable, we made up about 2/3 of the class.

2. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Kitrax - any particular reason they allow a moustache but not a neat beard or goatee?

I'm not shaving either. Damn, what a rebel I am.

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

^_^
    /|\
    / \ <-- look everybody! It's a Bullywug! :D

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Brilliant. Everybody needs a Bullywug. :nuts:

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Laiwethel, poor you. I'm struggling with the IPA atm and wondering why tf it's called international when there are so many different rules in each language (Have to know it in Dutch, English and German).

Thank god next semester will be more literature-oriented and less purely linguistic.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What is IPA?

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    The International Phonetic Alphabet. Steer clear of it. ;)

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I like. Nothing in particular, I just like.

9. Harbourboy

Phonetic alphabet as in "T for Tango and B for Bravo"?

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I am amazed how ESL-LA (english second language language skill) so many horrible things!. In short it's a long name that mean (not) showing us how to write english. Not only they show us basic things, ( very basic) things, but the vocabulary they teach us are words that any english speaker would have learned in 6th grade... This is suposed to be enrich class, still someone managed to wrote:

¨ In my community im am the leeder, so everybody do as i do. There is no Americans, becose I decided it, and no greeks either because they will got euro cup from Portugal ¨

We were suposed to write about a community we will like to live. An utopia, because everythings must be happy and peaceful.

I never learned anything in english since I've been to High school. I've seen easy exams, and bad english but to this point never... I know some people have difficulty in english but remember it is from a student in his last years of High school in enrich english class.

... I learned english here in SP...

11. Harbourboy

Go SP! You can learn anything you want here. All the answers are on SP. :thumb:

12. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

@Harbourboy: No, not that kind of phonetic alphabet. The symbols for this one represent all possible sounds that can be made.

@Uytuun: I'm definately not enjoying that every language has different rules of pronounciation. This week's assignment is to transcribe samples of Greek into the IPA. Next week I believe is Tagalog. What fun.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs Lai and Ofelix*

It'll get bwetter... hopefully.... ever had to transcribe Finnish? :p

Oh, and people; go read Pirates :p

14. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Most disappointing election ever.

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Not really. You've just forgotten how disappointing the "elections" (if you can call them that) were 4 years ago :D

Ah well. This is the first year where I look upon US elections with such cold detachment. The constant barbs Bush and Kerry kept throwing at each others were fun after a fashion.

16. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

who won?

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Help me out here. In the US, there are only two possible choices, right?

If that is the case, it is a 'lesser of two evils' sort of thing, right?

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *yawn*

Yeah, who won?

:coffee:

I hate wrtier's blocvk... I really, really hate it.

19. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Bush won.

Or rather, there's 95% chances of him winning right now, and Kerry's taking him to court.

Or something.

4 more years of death and destruction... :eek:

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Jaguar: Yeah, just the brainless and the spineless and choosing between the two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.