1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #28

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I don't get it. :confused:

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's moderator humour. A specific kind of humour. Like British humour.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can't believe it. I have bought my brother's main Christmas present and it cost a bit less than I want to spend on him so I decided to get him a gag present in the form of a plush stuffed parrot - one that looks suitable for a pirate that is ;) .

You would think that it wouldn't be hard to find such an item but so far I have only been able to find a toucan and a cockatoo.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    @JSBB: It might not be pirate-suitable, but I'm sure there's a Beanie Baby parrot out there.

We're done with holiday shopping for Son #1 - a karate kicking/punching bag, a game he liked from school, and... A PIRATE SHIP! Arrr! :roll:

Now to gripe: Pres. Bush will be campaigning in my hometown tomorrow afternoon (no, I'm NOT going and you can't hire me to do anything to him). No one knows exactly when and where he'll be there, but most of the major roads in the area are going to be shut down at some point close to or including rush hour. Consequently, daycare is closing at 1 pm. so I'm forced to take half a day off work to accomodate. Grrr...

Not to mention that I'll likely need an alternative route to get to the doctor's appointment I have, and will have difficulty in completing the remaining errands I have lined up. Ugh.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I googled beanie baby parrots and the one I found (a) looks like a toucan and (b) was "retired" in 1999 - I assume that means it was discontinued.

Hmm, they do have a stuffed Godzilla that I am sure my brother would like but the Ty site says that it is only sold in Japan.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "Retired" doesn't mean it's not available on eBay or from one of the Beanie auction sites (no, I'm not a collector). You might have to pay a little more for it but I bet you CAN get it, if it's what you want.

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

So I see, there certainly appears to be no shortage of them available on e-bay. I always told my cousin that one day her vast collection of beanie babies would be nearly worthless and it appears that day has already come to pass.

Right at the top of the list for the parrot is one with a buy it now price of $0.49. That would be 1/11th of the listed shiping costs. :rolleyes:

Well, if I can't find something new I guess I can resort to e-bay.

Hmm, there are a bunch of official Monty Python Norwegian Blue Parrots available. :lol:

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *snigger*

Lovely.

I should possibly go to see a doctor tomorrow... or at least persuade a enighbour to give me a life to the store. My toes HURT.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ara, if you're dead, hurting toes is the least of your problems. I would suggest that a visit to the undertaker would be more appropriate than a visit to a doctor. :p

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

After waiting so long for the release of the Imperia album, I must say I'm dissapointed. Helena Iren Michaelsen has a great voice but the album is far from original.

Also Bought a cd by Boards Of Canada and that one did turn out the way I expected so now I have one cool new cd and one cd to trow on the top of the pile with average music. (Where it will land on Leaves eyes for those who are intrested.)

Anyway I go look for treasure!

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *bows*

Thank you, thank you! No need for more appalause!

Yes, I am the typo queen. So sue me :p

*ahem*

What I meant was a LIFT to the store :p

But, I could do with a life, too :p

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

When I went out for lunch I saw a little old lady looking confused as she stepped into and then out of one of my office building's elevators. She turned around and asked me "This elevator only go up to the 6th floor, where do I find the elevator to the 40th floor?".

The elevators only go up to the 6th floor because, you guessed it, there are only 6th floors. We have four digit suite numbers starting with the floor number followed by three extra digits.

I kept a straight face and directed her to the fourth floor before walking outside. I took one look at our building and tried to imagine how anyone could possibly think it actually had a 40th floor and then just about died laughing. :lol:

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    /me sues Ara :p

:lol:

Edit: @ JSBB - maybe she was really short, and everything looks tall? :D

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, I'm thinking of quiting my job again. I really want to quit when my GM is the only manager there, and is already a few people short...that way I can screw him over like he has screwed me over so many times before. :evil:
    That managment job at Cold Stone that was promised to me is still 2-3 weeks from going through...I'm not sure I can last that long! :bang: :rolling:

16. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    My job's ****in garbage. The pay review came up recently and if I don't get what I am looking for, then they can shove their job up their ring piece.

17. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My job's either about to really kick off, or fold completely.

It's the uncertain things which make life interesting :)

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have named my Katana!

Her name is Echeria. Named after a noble lightning dragon who guarded over her lands and was respected. Then her little bugger of a son slew her while she was weak. Her power enabled her to cling to her existance as a spirit who lives deep in her sons' caves. The son granted his faithful followers his mothers' possessions and parts. The blade is a talon :)

19. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Just pulled my first all-nighter to get a paper done.

I am now officially a college student. :p

20. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

barmy what do you do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.