1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #26

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    WooHoo! Tonight I made my second "real" dinner at my apartment. On the menu was baked chicken, with a dozen or so spices and other ingredients; mashed potatos, and a salad! Two down...too many to go...

I want a personal chef to cook for me...maybe I'll get married!!! :hahaerr: But then again, the girl I'll probably end up marrying is my current g/f and roomate, who couldn't cook a decent meal if her life depended on it.

[Edit...wow, top of the list on page 13...I feel lucky...and scared.] :rolling:

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hockey!
    Rotku's got a hockey game tonight! From 11:30 until 2am :D
    It's going to be so fun!!

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It was the impression I got when I was in Montreal, because of signs like "SVP utilisez porte en avint" (which is how people around me where pronouncing the word). Anyway I guess I overgeneralized. Hope you didn't take offense at what I said.

On another note... a car just blew up (20 minutes ago) a few hundred meters away from the university building I'm in... felt the vibration, knew something was up... since then I've been staring at ambulances come and go.

And guess what starts in 150 minutes? That's right, the dreaded seminar.

I apologize to those who are thinking "what do we care?" I'm really not a superstitious person. Hell, I even used to make fun of superstitious people. But this week....

I've seen and had more things happening this week than the rest of my life. AND THE WEEK'S NOT EVEN DONE!

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I am doing a report on the poet Bp Nichol right now. Anybody ever heard of him?

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Communism isn't that bad! They just handled it in a wrong way. There is nothing wrong with equelly sharing the money (Sorry there must be a word better then money in this sentence but I couldn't think of one at the moment) of a country. That's where communism actually was all about.

But the russians did it all wrong taking away the freedom of people and stuff...

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, let's just do it like Jesus said and we'll be fine. Let's give up on the moneymaking and the rat race, and live like normal people who give a damn about the neighbour.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Come on, this is supposed to be random!

*sigh*

*does her best to not to startr ranting*

Hmm, I think I am insane... iw as up till 7 in the morning, writing utter idiocy that netted me a total of 5K+ of words.

I am such a twerp.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Tonight was pretty wacky. Me and Deathmage sat about the chatroom writing extremely short stories of varying quality. Pre-NaNo warm up and all.

9. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@Laiwethel - You sound like my wife talking about the two Master's classes she's taking this semester. It's quite a load on top of a full-time career and a family.

10. Arabwel

Media:
    Nano fever is very, very contagious...

I admit, I still lack conviction with my idea. I will probabluuy pull something idiotic out of my *censored* on October 31st...

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well finnaly there is soup :p Prais my mom for that :D

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Pacifisism philosophy and equality between people is great on paper. It is ruined when human kind touch it.

@Ziad no offense taken, But I doubt you saw ¨avint¨ the world doesn't even exist, more like ¨avant¨ Or perhaps it was wrote by hand and you saw an i in place of an a

Also Utilisez porte avint, don't use proper grammar, plus avint is misspelled, so I don't mean any offense but I think that a) You didn't read correctly, or b) The guy who did the signs didn't care about proper grammar.

Out of corriosity Can you speak french fluently? Because when somobody don't really know a language (or so little) and they go in a foreing country. They tend to remember sings they saw uncorrectly, perhaps that was your case

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I have to write 6 whole microbiology lab reports.
    I have to write an assignment on wildflower and native flower exports in Australia for the last 20 years.
    I have to write an assignment on animal diversity.
    I have to write a lab report on skeletal tissue systems.

All due on Wednesday.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

My head is going to explode soon.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

14. Arabwel

Media:
    Ouch...

*hugs Faraaz*

*is also very glad that she only writes fiction*

*sigh*

I want that damn broadband...

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Poor Faraaz. Your story makes me recall my highschool history and maths homeworks. Some of them couldn't be done in sober mode.

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well Faraaz you appear to have two options - my approach to such matters or that of my University apartment roommates.

Throughout university I worked my behind off, worked most of the week-end and had little to no social life, and for my efforts I had to put up with my classmates complaining that I got such high marks without having to work as hard as everyone else :rolleyes: . Of course I was in a chartered accountancy studies program and that meant that we were all super keen anal nerds but that is beside the point. ;)

My roommates (computer science students) would have played video games up until around 9:00 PM Tuedsay and then stayed up until 5:00 AM Wednesday working - failed to hand in half the assignments and reports, had the other half just good enough to scrape out a C, and hoped that a good final exam score or the all-mighty bellcurve will allow them to pass. Apparently this seems to be a fairly typical approach for computer science students - at least at the university that I went to.

Somehow they always DID manage to pass in the end although I can't image that their marks were all that impressive. :D

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Faraaz - so what the heck are you doing wasting time on SP? :p

18. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

JSBB - I'm glad that you qualified that rather broad statement about comp. sci. students. As I recall, I was the one who spent ungodly numbers of hours in the labs coding and testing programs in various languages while my roommate (economics major) and neighbor (education major) went drinking, bowling, and what-not. They never spent anywhere near as much time as I did in studies, even when they were taking more classes than I.

Judging by the number of times that I had to wait just to get a seat at a terminal in the computer labs, I'd say that I was not alone in spending a lot of time on computer science homework.

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@Bigstick - I am sure ther must have been some studious computer science majors at my university - party animals and slackers are just so much more obvious that they attract most of the attention.

Mind you, if there had been a large percentage of people who actually had your work ethic then the slacker culture probably wouldn't have worked. Relying on the bell curve to coast through seemed to be a well established tradition. Also, I never had any problems finding an empty terminal in the math/computer building - mind you I never tried during the night and it always seemed that the c/s people I knew were nocturnal. ;)

The accounting departments computer lab on the other hand was almost always full during normal waking hours.

At my university it was the accountants and engineers who were the obvious nose to the grind stone types -we were very mark competitive in accounting and the engineers were absolutely cutthroat about it.

The engineers were given overall rankings from 1 to whatever in order from highest to lowest marks and the prospective employers were given these rankings. I swear, if I and my prospective employers were constantly receiving rankings saying that I was 1st, 5th, 117th or whatever in the program it would have driven me nuts.

20. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lovin Insomnia by Faithless!

What a tune!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.