1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #26

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Me too but at least you wont have to wear one after the head office types are gone - wearing a tie is a required work day pain in the neck for me. :(

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What idiot came up with the tie, I hate bloody ties :toofar:

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I have long suspected that the tie was invented by doctors or chiropracters as a means to generate business. Either that or some sadistic employer who wanted his employees to be as uncomfortable as possible.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Please! How on earth can a tie do any damage to someone to the extent that they need a doctor or chiropracter?! If that is the case, you are doing it up far too tightly..............

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    And that's bad. It can't be too tight. In fact, it should be a little loose. Elegance needs a little bit of fresh air.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

O.K. I concede that needing to see a doctor or chiropracter is a bit of an overstatement. Also, the blame should be shared between the tie and the collared shirt.

I normally wear a shirt one neck size too large (and boy is it annoying having to argue with the clerks to get them to sell me the one size too large shirt), unbutton the top button whenever I can get away with it and wear my tie so loose that my boss complains about it from time to time and my neck is still stiff by the end of the work day. I was in pure agony by quitting time when I wore the "proper" shirt size, kept it fully buttoned all of the time, and left my tie at the degree of tightness approved by the boss.

When I work a full day doing the exact same things on Saturdays/Sundays (we are allowed to dress casually on the week-end, thank God) during tax season I have no such stiffness. Ergo I feel safe in laying blame upon the collared shirt and tie.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Woohoo!

After only four lessons - Frosty and I have both got our Grade One in Fencing. It usually takes about six lessons apprently, so we're doing pretty good :) :cool: :roll:

But the boot of our car is broken! I cannot get it open so my school uniform and my schoolbag and computer are trapped in the back along with my mothers college work. Doomed!

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yay!! I requested "Assassin's Apprentice" by Robin Hobb from the library on 1 June (after much recommendation from a lot of you) and now it has finally turned up so I can read it. At long last. :)

Maybe this post should have been in Booktalk. Oh well, it's pretty random anyway.

Bad luck, 8people! :(

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Harbourboy, you're in for a treat. I really enjoyed that book, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through the second.

JSBB, get out of public practice! My standard attire - Dockers (or similar), "business casual" shirt, semi-dress shoes. Comfy. :)

10. Harbourboy

I still don't see what the big deal is with a shirt and tie. You guys need to get some clothes that fit. If they fit properly, they shouldn't be uncomfortable at all.

11. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I think the original purpose of the tie may have been to absorb moisture. IIRC, it was used by Haitian military (not sure if it was before the Haitian revolution).

12. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

And so it is, I find myself alone on a groaning seat of good intent. It appears you have won, my brother, for in this wicked world the better man is not the best.

Have you come then, Robin Hood?

I am here John.

Then, let us make an end.

---

For THIS I'll have your head upon a pike!

It is not too late, John. You can still set the crown aside, John, even now.

No. No, Robin Hood, I cannot. I must play the part unto the end. Come then! Remove my crown, if you will...

13. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Work was very stressful today. By the end of the day, three of us were in tears. You would think licensed professionals could act like adults and not petulant children...

14. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

"The reluctance to put away childish things may be a requirement of genius." - Rebecca Pepper Sinkler

15. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Oh my head, my head, my head! Where have you gone...

16. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Stupid cold. Stupid train. Stupid rain. Stupid lack of sleep.

And too lazy to start working on getting out of this mood.

Self-analysis rules.

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You know, it'd be pretty easy at this point to further break down Whatnots so that eventually the only thing left would be this thread. :evil:

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *cackle*

Hmm, I am starting to get too interested in Once Upon a Time In Mexico if I am actually starting to like - *shudder* - Enrique Iglesias.

:bang:

I really do hope I can get over it quickly enough...

But the moment I mention having laid my grubby little paws on any of his CDs, someone please let me out of my misery?

On the other hand, i feel old. So very, very old.
    Some kiddies from next door vcame to aske me yesterday if I had dropped a necklace, and then asked me if I had kids, or a husband, or pets and told me how many kids there were in the immediate vicinity.

I feel OLD... if I ever start baking them cookies, shoot me. Please.

Gah.

19. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I really hate having my bedroom off of the kitchen sometimes. My housemates have no consideration for the fact that I don't have class until later on today and that I would like to sleep in. :mad:

They were being very loud and talkative in the kitchen this morning, and now I can't get back to sleep. If the rest of the school year is going to be like this, I am going to be exhausted for the next ten months.

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Had to go to the dentist's today morning and they kept me on the chair for two hours. It was nowhere close to pleasure.

And then had to go pick up some papers for grandmother and check if some book had arrived for sister.

Definitely need some coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.