1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #25

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, it's a bit of a quiet time on the Boards right now . . . .

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ... not any more! :p

@ Tal - yep, nothing like some Vogon poetry to stir the soul. :xx: :borg:

3. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Tonight I happened to be witness to a transformer getting hit by lightning. It was showering bright blue sparks all around my truck. I just kinda sat there cowering and called 911. When I could finally move again (which was tricky since all the traffic lights had gotten zapped), I had to navigate many fallen branches/small trees. Guess I should be grateful there weren't any large trees down.
    Gotta love Florida thunderstorms.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

A Transformer? Which one? I hope it wasn't one of the Constructicons.... Maybe it was Megatron.

5. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Persdonally, I hope it was a Transformer for the new shows, not one of the real originals. Maybe Galvatron.

Actually, I heard on the news this morning that 2 people in Melbourne (IIRC) were seriously injured in a lightning strike.

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    Not surprised. Florida is the lightning capital of the world. Not the first time I've had a close call. It's normal in the summertime. Even everyday thunderstorms can get a bit wild.

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Then there was the Darwin Award from a couple of years back about the guy and his girlfriend 'getting busy' on top of a hill during a thunderstorm, and the cop who was driving a brand new patrol car somewhere in outback Australia during a thunderstorm and was struck, the car was badly damaged and had all four tyres blown but he survived.

8. Stefanina Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Media:
    I'll find out tomorrow if my truck was damaged. The tires made it home, however.
    The storm blew up after I arrived at the restaurant for dinner. *shrugs* Normal for this place, if you tried to plan your life around thunderstorms, you'd never be able to leave your house!

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Don't diss the Vogons.

We bite :p

It is a sad fact that my recitals of Tolkien's poetry have earned me the nickname "Vogoni" and the pleasure of having rocks and tin cans thrown at me....

Then again, am estatic: signed the broadband conbtact today. In 2 weeks or so, I should be a continuopus presence here...,. expect a serious rise in my post vcount :evil:

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Now really, was there any reason to de-pin the mod lists from the BG forums. I still needed those! Grrr... :grr:

11. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  12. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Goin' to the country, gonna eat me alot of peaches, I'm going to the country, gonna eat me alot of peaches...

Such a stupid song.

13. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Where is Sarevok Anchev?

I sort of miss his laconic presence. :p

14. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Dendri: what's wrong with calling someone a pathetic wretch?
    And you know I'm gonna keep crawling in...
    "And when you turn your back
    I will attack!"

/Iron Maiden
    :borg:

15. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Blech, school starts on monday, but my b-day's on tuesday.

16. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] @Baldy
    Nothings wrong with dat, vicious one. On the contrary, its:
    "Fe fi fo fun for me"
    Moloko
    For now. :evil:

But give back that steaming heart of mine. Tal has no use for it. He may keep the silver plate though. ;)

17. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My 2-ton room spider Goliath has vanished. However, Golgotha, a new (and considerably smaller but more vicious-looking) spider has taken up residence. We've agreed not to kill each other.

Say 'birthday' aloud. Now say 'b-day' aloud. Surprises most people.

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Ow Splunge, be careful. I'm sensitive.

/me rubs the back of his head

But thanks though.

19. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I'm a bit sad today :( This day just didn't turn out the way I would hope it did...

And then my parents called that they came home earloer :( :( :(

This days cost me to much money I've bought 4 cd's to cheer me up!

But it didn't help that much although the Muppets brought a smile on my face :p

20. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Maybe in the same place as Rallymama, Extremist, Mathetais... or Tobias?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.