1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #25

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

`BEWARE THE JABBERWOCK, MY SON!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!'

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

And what exactly does 'frumious' mean?

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Saw a guy busking this morning, playing a kick@ss blues-type version of Hendrix's Foxy Lady - completely changed the rhythm and all but in a good way. Made me wish I had a bit of money I could give him. Either that or more time to sit and listen.

4. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Well, after spending Friday as taxi service evacuating several friends, hurricane Charley decided to take a Disney vacation instead... :D
    Overall, a relief for my town, and yet a bit dissappointing... I guess there was no release from the adrenaline buildup...

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You mad person. How can you be disappointed about missing the Hurricane? That's like those nutters who go down to the seaside to watch a tsunami. Watch it on TV like me.

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    No, not really. Think about it. I spent nearly two days tearing my hair out to make sure my house, pets, and friends would be as safe as humanly possible. That causes a huge adrenaline buildup. Then nothing happens, so there's no release of that adrenaline.
    It's a fairly common reaction, so I'm not really sweating it. Trust me, I am grateful that I didn't get flattened in the end.

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

/me does the dance of ever-lasting monkey shine

Everybody, join in and do it!

8. Harbourboy

I don't know the steps.

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Nobody does! That's the point.

/me starts with a two step jig to the left...

10. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@Stephania - That's great for you, but for those who live in or near the actual path, there is still a lot of work to be done. Last time I was able to check in with my family down there, they still had no power and my father had no phone service. At least they have water. My stepmother's parents were trapped in their home due to large old trees coming down blocking all the roads. It took a 15-minute walk to get to their home from the nearest passable street, which is further than they could walk.

And this is all far inland where Charley had dropped from intensity 4 down to 2.

I've heard that they expect that full power restoration will take weeks.

I'd take the adrenaline build up, anyday. :)

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Had a horrible, horriblwe morni ng... i thought Jenova had died!

Here I am, waking aound 2 pm, and something is not right. THen, i realize what it is.

The computer wasn't on.

ow, I recall leaving it on most definitely when i got to sleep, so I was more than a little scared. Power out? A sudden breakdown?

Tried to turn it on. Nothing happens.

GO check if it's plugged in. It is, and the monitor light is blinking.

Time to panic.

So, for half an hour I frantically did my best to get the damned thing to work, re-attaching wires, flicking switches and swearing.... and finally, when she once again began to hum... I was overjoyed.

Not even a scrambled windows, see me happy.

I so need a proper desk to sit Jen on, not some stupid ramndom rickety thing on wheels that I had mmanaged to kick during the night so bad that the wires were all loosened :(

12. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I like this one. :)

13. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I hate biology. It's icky, it's boring, and its got heaps and heaps of drawing in it, which I hate. DOWN WITH BIOLOGY!! :flaming: :flaming:

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@ ejsmith

Jabberwocky! Lewis Caroll rules!

I go do some shopping in a few minutes now...

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Biplogy schmiology.
    I'vew been playing a game called "Real lives" which is... streange. It's all about living lives of normal people ont he globe, but you only get pretty minimal control over whatyou do.

it's still addictive, though. :/

16. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Argh! My Internet has been completely down for over a week now, and I don't know what went wrong. I am currently in one of the comupter labs at uni, and am less than amused.

I hate technology sometimes.

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh freddled gruntbuggly thy micturations are to me
    As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee my foonting turlingdromes.
    And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
    see if I don't!

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually I quite liked it. :alien:

19. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Bah!
    All biology teachers should have their toes roasted over a low fire, and have ferocious S P A M vampsters knibble on their ears and noses, the vile and foul wretches!
    Am I glad I didn't pick it - the higher level biology teachers (trained to teach higher grades) are all real wierdo's.
    The kind that wear shorts, high socks, and sandals, at the same time, possibly with ear warmers if they have cold ears.
    Oh and btw Xei Win Toh your new avatar is coolios and Dendri: shiver and shudder, pathetic wretch - my S P A M will have the effect of casting Polymorph: Steaming pile of cow dung on your brain :p :D .
    Ach, never you mind me
    :borg:

20. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Pathetic... wretch?? *cough*
    Scandalous. Quite scandalous. Nonetheless, you are almost there. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.