1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #25

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In these matters, I cling to hope on a spiritual level. On a rational level, I perfectly realise the hope has no grounding. However, things don't have to be as they are. Although it is reasonable to expect bad things to happen, it is not reasonable to expect the worst as inevitable. First, it would be arrogant to assume to be cursed by fate; the forces that inflict on us lots of grief don't typically notice. Second, never is it so bad that it couldn't be worse still. It is only the limits of our imagination what prevents us form seeing that.

The still worse, beyond initial exceptions, doesn't necessarily have to happen when it's already bad. On the contrary, sometimes it seems to have a habit of happening when things look too good to be real. Of course, it's not the worst that can happen. It can become worse the moment you start thinking it can't. There is no such thing as the very worst...

2. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

One more day of no classes.

Of all my luck, I get to have a Monday 9am Latin class. I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, so this is going to be a challenge. :coffee:

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I've got a week's break from Uni!! Woo Hoo!! :D :D :D

Yay for holidays!! :roll: :shake: :roll:

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    My week's break ends in 12 hours :sosad:

"never is it so bad that it couldn't be worse still"
    Chevalier, this isn't exactly what I'd call a positive outlook on things :)
    Then again it could be just me.

5. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My drama class is going on a trip to Chicago in May!

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Recently, I have been wondering are these "forum games" just spam or a good way to idle and boast the post count at the same time... :hmm:

7. chevalier

Media:
    Poor Lai

/me gives you a hug

Look on the brighter side: at least it isn't maths...

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ah, Monday in the city.

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

SP need's it's own drink like BTA's Bowel Burner or something.

10. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Spent the whole afternoon rollerblading in the park. Beautiful day it is! Now to watch some football and relax.

How about Takara's Turnip Twister for a drink!

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

This weekend was good had a good time in the "Graanbeurs" with friends on saturday (Although I drank way to much better watch out next time!) And today there was a sorry I don't know the right words but it was so cool!

This afternoon/evening we had a street BBQ witch was also verry nice I didn't know there where somuch beautyfull girls in my street! :D

Anyway have a good night sleep, all of you! Take care, life is worth it!

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Spent the whole afternoon... no, the entire evening too... trying to make my new hard disk work. It's 1 am, and I still haven't. For some reason, as soon as Windows 98 is installed on the drive, it gets so corrupred that even FDISK can no longer tell what it is (and don't even ask about Scandisk)

So I ended up installing Win XP... and to all you people out there with a Pentium II and 128 Megs of RAM (I have the feeling we're on the verge of extinction...) I can only say this: DON'T DO IT!

HAH! And to think I used to say Win98 was slow on my system.....

By the way Chevalier, what's the hourly count by now? ;)

13. chevalier

Media:
    The hourly count was closed at 62. The same person who inspired me to start it, told me to reset it... er... go to bed and get some sleep, which I did.

Weird it's been. Lots of coffee, some alcohol. Definitely more coffee, although at this moment I'm switching to alcohol. It's better than coffee for what I need right now.

Hmm... right... uni starts again on October 1st. Time to get my papers in order. Won't land the cash grant, would have to have passed all exams in first go, no matter the mean or anything. Tough luck.

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You're mad.

15. chevalier

Media:
    Possibly.

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

If Chev's mad, then the rest of us are too! Oh, wait... :D

17. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Bloody hell! It's snowing outside!

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hate that monday is coming in about 20 minutes. My stomach feels all burbily for some strange reason. I spent the evening playing Enclave on the Xbox and it has nice graphics but it's frustrating as hell. Maybe I should go to sleep.

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I had to drive up to Georgia yesterday to get supplies and food. With so much of Florida without power and phones, stores cannot call their corporate offices to get new shipments in... gas is selling out as quickly as it's getting to the stations... living here is rather weird right now...

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Yesterday finally proved that regardless of my pointless trips to see my oldest son, my world is finally coming back into some semblance of good and right.

Also confused the heck out of me when my ex dropped me home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.