1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #24

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I got my new computer desk set up, then I had to figure out the wire maze behind my CPU. I had added the components one at a time, so I was rather surprised at how much junk now attaches to the back of that thing.
    Also, mo mother got me my birthday present, a wirelss keyboard and mouse set. Which eliminates some of the wire tangle problem.
    I even managed to get everything put back together correctly the first time. (I am so not a computer whiz)

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I start my new job in 9 hours. Whee...

I'd actually prefer to stay unempolyed if it weren't for that whole lack of money thing.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Gee, I am not around for five months and what happens? Everything, it seems! Redesign is here... wee!

Going to RopeCon tomorrow. Should be fun. Meeting some friends there, such as Harkle.

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Going to the beach!

it's a pebble beach with lots of rock pools and it's very nice because tourists never go there. I'm going with Grandma, Mutti, Aunty Cathy and my two youngest cousins.

Should be interesting.

5. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Once today's class is done, I only have three more weeks of this very painful class.

I can't wait.

6. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    It's sooooo quiet at work this week. Just moved to my new house and want to be there, not here at work :(

7. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@Jaguar: Lackamoney? Isn't that some sort of Hawaiian tropical disease? :lol:

8. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Drugar, hey, still no vacation? I'm working now, i have vacation for 4 weeks now, but i'm working in the biggest bed store of Europe at the moment, but tomorrow it's the last working day for me, hurray!!

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm, I've had 4 computers, zero girlfriend, hey what do you know? Pathetic huh? :D

Tal, maybe you should get me a nerd smilie :p

10. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@MG: three PC's - zero girlfriend - can't be bothered. Nerd and loving it :D
    @Dragonfly: we all play like that when we play Risk - he just let his guard down for a bit ... and I slipped in a crushing blow because of it.
    :borg:

11. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Yup. And everyone has been effected at least once. The only cure is a shot of 'Paycheck', and alas, its only temporary.

Though some people have been innoculated with the 'Windalottery' or the 'Igotloadedfolks' cures, but they are few and far between.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yum. Just been down to the dodgy Asian Food Alley for lunch. Mmm, big plate of spicy Thai fried noodles....

Phew, I'm not a nerd (at least not by the formula above, just).

13. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@chev: yeah, she hasn't got anywhere near the staying-power of my eldest son's mother, she's too gutless.

Filming has begun on Elextra! :thumb:
    Watched Daredevil three times last night - normally, with filmmaker commentary and with text commentary. :coffee:

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I wonder if Electra will turn out to better than Catwoman....

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hmmmm...I'd have to be rich to have owned that many computers....

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Oh, I never paid for them, most of them I got from my father, who gets his computers by saving them from the trashcan at work, you'd be suprised what they throw away, tsk

17. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Hmm, someone is a little bit full of himself. :D j/k

Myself, I've had 2 computers and 3 girlfriends.

UNNERD!!

That sounds wierd, doesn't it? I mean, UN-nerd Is that someone that knows the source-code of Hans Blixt? :D

Code:
    C:/
    C:/source
    dir

Blixt.exe
    Blixt.sou

Run blixt.sou

bombsearch.dll
    bombsearch.dll
    bombsearch.dll
    bombsearch.dll
    bombsearch.dll
    bug.vir
    bombsearch.dll
    bombsearch.dll
    bombsearch.dll
    bookwrite.exe
    end of file

Run bug.vir

---
    WELCOME

You have opened the Bugging virus Saddamgov.exe have planted inside Blixt.exe.
    Since you managed to discover it,
    you are now allowed to remove the virus that keep track of all movements made by Hans Blixt.
    ---

Delete bug.vir

bug.vir Deleted

Run bookwrite.exe

Blixt.exe have created a new file, book.exe

Run book.exe

---
    You try to read the book but are stopped by the amount of hard words that you read.
    ---

Delete book.exe

book.exe Deleted

Exit
    Hmm, wonder how the Bush.exe will look like, will take care of that later.

[ July 23, 2004, 13:12: Message edited by: Caleb: The Chosen ]

18. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@Dragonfly: nah - just invest every cent you earn into 'em - and have parents to take care of miscalenii like food, shelter and whatnots :D .
    Lackamoney - I'm chronical and nearly always terminal - maybe I should quit smoking and gaming... but then again, I'd get loaded with cash and A) be utterly bored and B) have nothing to spend it on.
    /me is officially confused now.
    :borg:

19. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Some of you guys would really want to have this in your office.

Break Time

20. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I too want a beerdispenser at work. It's $%#^#% boring here since the holiday's started...

I've got 8 pc's and 1 girlfriend at home, can I be a member of the nerdclub now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.