1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #24

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Saw an awsome movie yesterday: Dragonhead! It's japanes and it's about the end of the world (Or just Tokyo). Everything is covert in a thick layer of ash and the people that servived ar all going mad! Loved it.

Nightwish rules! Babble Babble!

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hoorah! Tal send me A Bard's Tale 3, and already I'm getting back some of the 'what the hell am I meant to be doing' feeling that I got when playing the first one. Still, I don't think I'm quite as completely and entirely lost as I was in that - I'm lost, but sometimes I recognise a landmark or two :D

3. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I've spent the last weeks playing Age of Mythology online and it only gets better for everytime I play :D

Anyone else here who plays AoM online??

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Faerus: It's not in my custom to reply to that sort of address. However, I will, since you seem to believe you're acting in defence of your loved one.

The sentence "you shouldn't be surprised when she starts cheating on you" is hardly an accusation. As a matter of fact, it's a conclusion. That conclusion isn't "unbased", but quite contrary, it's based on the fact that the girl already lied in circumstances surrounding the beginning of a romantic relationship and she only lied for convenience, to avoid telling the guy she was meeting you that evening. As I said before, it's possible she will never again do that, but I would hardly count on that. Am I being cynical? No. It's realism. Realism dictates people who lie for convenience will lie again if the situation "merits" it. This means that you can't expect her to tell you the truth in your relationship, especially if a crisis or a different man will be involved. The guy was no mere stranger, he was a trusted friend, and a guy with romantic interest (that she returned to some extent). Abuse of trust in romantic circumstances for convenience is the category in which cheating belongs. She may progress on that way or she may stop. One doesn't know. However, there is a possibility and you should be aware of it, for your own good.

As for the accusations part, it's ridiculous. I haven't seen the girl in my life, nor you. Forgive my openness, but I don't care. Whatever I was saying, it was advice that you asked, basing on the situation that you described. And, quite frankly, if you give account of someone flat out lying, you can't really expect someone who's trying to give you sound advice to smile and say "Ah, that's OK. It was just one time.".

As for the ending part, I'm not going to reply to it. It would be offensive if it weren't an embarrassing display of wanting manners. No, I'm not taking offence. Just pay attention to what you're writing.

@Dragonfly:

How about waking up on the floor amidst your friends, recalling your name, getting a brisk shower on your head, drinking four coffees and saying "hello world?". :lol:

@Elvenblade: I haven't played AoM yet, but I used to play AoE 1 and 2 in internet cafes. It was a great time.

@Stefanina: Some 8 years have passed since I last was to a Disneyland... heheh. Oh well, I so loved it, despite the fact I was quite a grown kid then. Even though I almost got killed in that rollercoaster (low ceiling and max speed).

[ July 12, 2004, 13:18: Message edited by: chevalier ]

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] TIMMY!

I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going down,I'm going...

Time to crash!

6. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@Elvenblade - yes, occasionally. AoM and TT are quite good, but I really hate Atlanteans, both to fight against and play as.

Perhaps I'll go on again soon (not been on for about a month). Choices, choices...

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I went to Disneyland a few years back. The funniest part was that it was the end of November, so all the Californians dressed for the "cold", while my family and I walked around in shorts and T-shirts.

They looked at us like we were crazy. :D

8. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Not going to make it to Mickey world this year. Between the Las Vegas trip last week and the Cancun vacation next week, there just isn't enough time or money.

I guess we'll have to put it off until next year. The kids will just have to suffer. :evil:

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Disneyland rocks. Not sure why because the rides are tame and the queues are long but the place has a certain infectious fantasy feel. I love it. Can't wait to take my own kids there one day, even if it does mean having to pass through one of my least favourite cities in the world, Los Angeles.

10. chevalier

Media:
    I went to the French one, so they had Hunchback of Notre Dame characters traversing the paths and posing to photos for the visitors. I like the photo with the evil judge :D

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I haven't been out to Disneyland yet, since that involves a plane flight accross country to a statr that shakes on a regular basis. But I only live 2 hours away from Disney World, and I have connections to get in free :D that is a good thing.

@chev, which coaster, do you remember?

12. chevalier

Media:
    It was a Wild West one. Don't really remember... but IIRC they had two and that one was the bigger one.

13. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm.. I'll have to ask one of my friends in the know. It's useful to have current and former Disney employees as friends and clansibs... I get a lot of "Disney Dirt" stories... :D

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

I think it's quite funny how love blinds us to people's cheating ways when they don't involve us. It's also quite funny when some people (namely myself) don't learn from past mistakes and end up getting involved with psychotic demon-spawn wenches AND having a child with them.

On a lighter note, I will be on the local news tonight in relation to a recent Govt. grant somewhere in the area of $300,000 for Dads In Distress to continue the good work we do.

15. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. SLAP!

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. SLAPSLAP!!

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. SLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAP!!!!!!!!

I hate bugs.

17. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] It;s rather cold here in the Netherlands, but at least I can walk in a t-shirt!

I go to Granma in a few minutes fer her birthday But I don't want to :S.

18. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

@Rednik, yes if you believe abandonware is legal. However I would doubt that you would get arrested if you download it (you would be hard pressed to find it for sale now).

19. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Thanks Bonzo, you're a lifesaver.

I'm off to save the southwestern U.S. from random stuff then!

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cool, it's getting lighter in the mornings now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.